C&L's Late Nite Music Club with Echo & the Bunnymen

General discussion about the band, live shows, its recordings or bootlegs, etc. You can buy, sell or trade here. You can even post eBay links. If it's about the Bunnymen, it goes here.

C&L's Late Nite Music Club with Echo & the Bunnymen

Postby Fish Hook Girl » Mon May 26, 2008 4:01 am

http://www.crooksandliars.com/2008/05/2 ... -bunnymen/

C&L’s Late Nite Music Club with Echo & the Bunnymen
By: Howie Klein on Sunday, May 25th, 2008 at 8:15 PM - PDT

One of the reasons I was so excited to go to work for Sire was because of bands on the label like The Ramones, Depeche Mode, The Smiths and Echo & the Bunnymen, all of whom I had been playing– with great enthusiasm– as a dj in San Francisco. I already knew all the bands because they were able to do live shows in the Bay Area because of all the radio exposure and when they came there weren’t any other stations that wanted them to come by. I walked into my job at Sire already having interviewed and gotten to know my of the artists. And Echo & the Bunnymen, from Liverpool, were among my favorite of all. By the time Ocean Rain, their 4th album, came out (1984) I was already at Sire. For me the album started so-so and built with every song into one of the greatest albums of the mid-80s. “Thorn of Crowns,” “The Killing Moon,” “Seven Seas,” and “Ocean Rain” were all gems– as was tonight’s selection, “My Kingdom:”

[video]
Fish Hook Girl

Postby black francis » Mon May 26, 2008 10:18 pm

One of the greatest albums of the mid 80s? I can't think of a better album in all the 80's.
With the Force as his ally he did battle with the Dark Lord. And he showed the measure of a true Jedi at a place called "The Death Star" where hope for the Galaxy was reborn. May all who struggle against tyranny hold his memory in their hearts
black francis
Bunnygod
Bunnygod

Return to Echo & The Bunnymen