Bootleg Help Required - White Label Vinyl 33rpm

General discussion about the band, live shows, its recordings or bootlegs, etc. You can buy, sell or trade here. You can even post eBay links. If it's about the Bunnymen, it goes here.

Bootleg Help Required - White Label Vinyl 33rpm

Postby jellis2000 » Mon May 12, 2008 6:07 am

Hi all,

Need to pick your brains....

I have come across an Echo & The Bunnymen bootleg (I think) and need some help in identifying it.

It's plain white label, and the 2nd & 3rd tracks on side A are 'Pride' and 'A Promise'

The matrix marks in the run off are 'ME 050 A' and 'ME 050 B' and that is all I have to help me identify.

It sounds like quite a small venue and the quality is ok but not great. Looks like a self decorated sleeve with various stickers, one of which is a Smiths 'Meat Is Murder' cut out so that dates it to at least 1985, or perhaps the sleeve was made at a later date?

I know it isn't much to go on but if this is a recognised bootleg then somebody somewhere must know something !!!

Thanks very much for your help.
jellis2000
Just Tuned In
Just Tuned In

Postby wingokenda » Tue May 13, 2008 4:17 am

Hi Jellis, I think I have the answer !

If this is the Lp I think it is, with a collage of hand-cut magazine images on the cover inc Statue of liberty, ABBA , Meat is Murder & other more eclectic images ( from magazines around mid 80's ) then this LP used to belong to me & I created the cover to identify this Bunny bootleg.

The concert featured ( which I remember sounds like it was recorded inside a small toilet ! ) is the Italian Concert - quite well known by Bunny fans. I think it was recorded around 81 ?

This LP was purchased from a botleg stall at York Rock Festival - just after Spear of Destiny actually gave a really good show & just before Mac was about to get his head kicked in backstage by the bouncer he'd been taunting...

Ahh memories...[/img]
wingokenda

Postby jellis2000 » Tue May 13, 2008 5:25 am

:biggrin: Brilliant. The power of the internet. Yes, definitely the same one ! Thanks so much for your reply - it was bugging me not being able to identify it. Now I can rest easy....
jellis2000
Just Tuned In
Just Tuned In

Return to Echo & The Bunnymen