What's the word w/ Echo Arena?

General discussion about the band, live shows, its recordings or bootlegs, etc. You can buy, sell or trade here. You can even post eBay links. If it's about the Bunnymen, it goes here.

What's the word w/ Echo Arena?

Postby Seven Seas » Thu May 08, 2008 5:45 pm

Hey,

Anyone here attending this November gig (that ordered their tickets through see-tickets/gigs & tours.com)? Did you receive them yet?

What's the word about this gig? I mean, ever since it was announced, no thread on either forum has been created regarding it. So, it's like, what's going on?

It's just weird b/c it's seems that things are not going so well, regarding excitement & discussion upon this gig. Understandably so, I realize that it's not RAH or RCMH but, it's still in their hometown for somewhat of an importance, IMHO. (sorry to sound negative but, I haven't seen ANYTHING posted anywhere about this gig)

Is it also true that they closed 1/2 the venue for only selling a portion of the tickets?

Is anyone here flying over for this? Did you get your hotel accommodations sorted out possibly too?

My apologies in advance for so many questions but, I'm just asking b/c truthfully, I haven't seen anything about this anywhere. Understandably & comprehensibly so, I realize it is for a NOVEMBER gig & this is only May but, it's just strange that tickets haven't been sent out yet (I've asked people I know whom are flying over there too, like PG & myself & all of us received RAH's & RCMH's already.....)

If this is possibly cancelled due to lack of expansion through the sales, how much time allottment would be appropriated?

Thank you in advance for any information you can provide.
Seven Seas

Postby Red » Thu May 08, 2008 6:42 pm

i wouldn't worry about the tix, a lot of places don't send the tickets out until a month before the show.
Red
Über Fan
Über Fan

Postby Dr Cheese » Fri May 09, 2008 1:41 am

I've not received any tickets yet but then again I'd probably need to order them first.
And you know that I'll pick up
Every time you call
Just to thank you one more time
Alcohol
Dr Cheese
Über Fan
Über Fan

Postby Mr. Brian » Fri May 09, 2008 6:55 am

I'm wondering if the band is not spreading themselves a bit thin. As I recall the changes in venues from Evergreen to the Siberia tour got smaller and smaller in some locations.

Now they have three huge shows all around the same time and two are in the same part of the world. The Bunnymen aren't all that fun to look at from row XX in an arena either...just sayin....
Mr. Brian
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby Kounelaki » Fri May 09, 2008 7:27 am

Mr. Brian wrote:As I recall the changes in venues from Evergreen to the Siberia tour got smaller and smaller in some locations.

Yup. They played a 700 capacity venue here on the Siberia tour.
Kounelaki
Über Fan
Über Fan

Postby fat cherry » Fri May 09, 2008 9:12 am

Mr. Brian wrote: The Bunnymen aren't all that fun to look at from row XX in an arena either...just sayin....

I've heard they are ditching the 'lets play statues' approach that has worked so well for them over the last thirty years, nor will they be hiding behind tons of dry ice. Peasey has picked up a giant metal lemon that will transport the band on stage and halfway through a giant inflatable penis will spray the audience with foam, well I hope it will be foam. Then during the killing moon an invisible harness will lift mac above the audience and he will fly about doing somersaults (glasses held on with a rubber band, natch). Will has bought what is supposed to be jimmy page's violin bow off ebay (ten new sets of hair and five new sticks) and will be highlighted during the resurection of porcupine by a bright blue laser beam pyramid. On top of that mac will start doing that thing where the singer goes down to the front and runs his fingers through the hands of the adoring girlies down there, mop his brow with their underwear** and he will even pick out one lucky lady and sing the yoyo man directly to her whilst holding her hands in his, squinting, to see if she is really as fit as he hopes, through his prescription shades. He will then call bono up and tell him he's on candid camera. The audience will see, on a giant screen the U2 singer walking around his house, scratching his arse and saying things like, jesus christ, haven't we got any effing milk in this effing place - and so on before being given the surprise of his life. then he'll laugh and act really natural but be cut off before he can say anything about saving the planet or how bad war really is.

At the end, mac will rip his shirt off and throw it into the audience mozza style and the band will smash all of their equipment up and so will only actually do one show. So I'd be there if were you.

Chez.

**there are no details yet as to whether they will still be wearing it at the time
Last edited by fat cherry on Fri May 09, 2008 9:38 am, edited 3 times in total.
fat cherry
Über Fan
Über Fan

Postby Red » Fri May 09, 2008 9:21 am

fat cherry wrote:
At the end they will smash all of their equipment up and so will only actually do one show. So I'd be there if were you.

:lol: :lol: nice try........but somehow i can't see Will smashing up his gear! :wink:

i do wanna see the giant lemon tho.......pity they can't just make it appear onstage like the Tardis! :lol:
Red
Über Fan
Über Fan

Postby Mr. Brian » Fri May 09, 2008 9:59 am

You have to admit Mac used to be a bit more animated than he has been in recent years.Now he just grasps that mic stand all night.
Mr. Brian
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby kook » Fri May 09, 2008 10:47 am

Mr. Brian wrote:You have to admit Mac used to be a bit more animated than he has been in recent years.Now he just grasps that mic stand all night.

Aw come on! He drop-kicks fag butts

:rolleyes:
Every word is like an unnecessary stain on silence and nothingness.
kook
Über Fan
Über Fan

Postby black francis » Fri May 09, 2008 10:57 am

Dr Cheese wrote:I've not received any tickets yet but then again I'd probably need to order them first.

You're rugged good looks, rock climbing prowess and top rocker status have got you this far. A couple of tickets should be no problem.
With the Force as his ally he did battle with the Dark Lord. And he showed the measure of a true Jedi at a place called "The Death Star" where hope for the Galaxy was reborn. May all who struggle against tyranny hold his memory in their hearts
black francis
Bunnygod
Bunnygod

Postby Dr Cheese » Fri May 09, 2008 11:14 am

Mr. Brian wrote:You have to admit Mac used to be a bit more animated than he has been in recent years.Now he just grasps that mic stand all night.

That's because if he let go he'd fall flat on his arse. Fact!
Every time you call
Alcohol
Dr Cheese
Über Fan
Über Fan

Postby Dr Cheese » Fri May 09, 2008 11:17 am

black francis wrote:Your rugged good looks, rock climbing prowess and top rocker status have got you this far. A couple of tickets should be no problem.

Shit a Goddamn, you're right. Those bastards should be banging on my door demanding that I accept free tickets, backstage passes and everything!
Every time you call
Alcohol
Dr Cheese
Über Fan
Über Fan

Postby Seven Seas » Fri May 09, 2008 5:57 pm

kook wrote:Aw come on! He drop-kicks fag butts

:rolleyes:

OMG, your comment made me laugh so hard here at work now!!!! OMG....

This reminded me of seeing him swish away the smoke on Dec. 8, trying to find his cup (booze)...I loved the capacity of that swish too, b/c his coat that night was excellent, CLASSIC style of 80's imagery. LOVE the 80's look. LOL

Aye, still though, if anyone here's real info upon real details of this gig or you get your tickets, let me know. Every day, I keep checking & tracking the see tickets and it just keeps stating they're waiting for them to arrive....We'll see. Thanks.
Seven Seas

Postby Kounelaki » Sat May 10, 2008 1:13 am

I'd rather he did that than climb on top of the keyboards.
Kounelaki
Über Fan
Über Fan

Postby Mr. Brian » Sat May 10, 2008 8:18 am

Kounelaki wrote:I'd rather he did that than climb on top of the keyboards.

He used to dance around a bit. Why can't he just do that? It's not like they've ever been theatrical and no one is expecting that. But if it's an "either or" like you put then I guess I have to agree.
Mr. Brian
Site Admin
Site Admin

Next

Return to Echo & The Bunnymen