August 7th: Bunnymen in Utrecht!

General discussion about the band, live shows, its recordings or bootlegs, etc. You can buy, sell or trade here. You can even post eBay links. If it's about the Bunnymen, it goes here.

Postby Mr. Brian » Mon Aug 11, 2008 5:51 pm

Looks like I'm back in business and am downloading with a new login on a different IP/machine. Once I download this I'll move it to my regular pc and seed it again to "repair" my share ratio.
Mr. Brian
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby guitarplayer on here too » Mon Aug 11, 2008 5:52 pm

JackT wrote:From what little I read, it seems that the sort of damage done by smoking really can be remediated quite a bit. Combined with vocal training, the prospects could be quite good.

I'm no doc, but I would have thought it depends on whether it was just smoking, although I'd guess the above would probably reduce any further deterioration. I think there are operations for some vocal problems. I was trying to look it up, but all these medical terms "Reinke's edema", "dysphonia", "Bogart-Bacall Syndrome"; way over my head.
guitarplayer on here too

Postby JackT » Mon Aug 11, 2008 6:03 pm

How about Wegener's granulomatosis? (I got that from "House M.D.")
"He was a mongoose, rather like a little cat in his fur and his tail, but quite like a weasel in his head and his habits."
JackT
Über Fan
Über Fan

Postby guitarplayer on here too » Mon Aug 11, 2008 6:05 pm

Hope it's not that serious

Wegener's granulomatosis
guitarplayer on here too

Postby Mr. Brian » Mon Aug 11, 2008 11:11 pm

I finally listened to this bootleg. The new song "I Think I Need It Too" sounded really really good with great guitar work by Will. The crowd really seemed enthusiastic too. I am not a fan of Forgotten Fields. Sometimes Mac had the range (Lips Like Sugar) and sometimes he didn't so much (The Cutter). I wish he would stop that football thing in NLF!
I realize you miss something by not being there and being in the moment but it is better than what I've heard in the last couple of years from recorded shows, bootlegs or pro recordings and overall I really enjoyed it and makes me really look forward to the Radio City gig!
Mr. Brian
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby guitarplayer on here too » Tue Aug 12, 2008 6:41 am

The recorded version of "Forgotten Fields" is better. It's got a really cool bass line similar to Lips Like Sugar running through parts of the song, especially the bit where Mac sings "He's behind you, he's behind you". I'm completely the opposite, I like "Forgetten Fields" live but hate "Think I Need It Too". Both are fine as the proper recorded versions.
guitarplayer on here too

Postby Thin White Devil » Tue Aug 12, 2008 6:54 am

Proper recorded versions..? Did I miss something (could be as I hardly spent time on the forums over the past couple of months), and was something released somewhere, or did you have access to some sort of promo?

I liked both of the new songs a lot. Forgotten Fields has a great musical build-up in a slightly unusual structure. It doesn't build up towards a climax and it does give the impression that it should, but that adds a hint of mystery in my opinion.
Think I Need It Too is very, very catchy and Will's guitar makes it special.

Good to read your comments on the bootleg, Brian! The crowd was very enthusiastic indeed. The gig also got some pretty good reviews in the national media. In the newspaper they were described as 'magic' and on an internet newssite it was said that the performance was too good to be simply described as nostalgic.
Set sail in those turquoise days!
Thin White Devil

Postby Frank The Bunny » Tue Aug 12, 2008 8:10 am

Thin White Devil wrote:Proper recorded versions..? Did I miss something (could be as I hardly spent time on the forums over the past couple of months), and was something released somewhere, or did you have access to some sort of promo?

He was in a state of bliss when he quickly wrote that.
Hearing the proper recorded versions made him feel very excited, so he presented it in the form of a very small teaser.
Obviously some of you can't deal with a little suspense.
Frank The Bunny
Über Fan
Über Fan

Postby Thin White Devil » Tue Aug 12, 2008 8:15 am

Frank, go fuck yourself.
Thin White Devil

Postby Frank The Bunny » Tue Aug 12, 2008 8:20 am

Mr. Brian wrote:It is better than what I've heard in the last couple of years from recorded shows, bootlegs or pro recordings and overall I really enjoyed it and makes me really look forward to the Radio City gig!
I trust Brian's opinion, the dilettante that he is. I'll have to give this a proper listen-through to see if that alters my opinion. Perhaps my head was clouded with the expectation that Mac's voice had made some miraculous comeback
Frank The Bunny
Über Fan
Über Fan

Postby Frank The Bunny » Tue Aug 12, 2008 8:21 am

Thin White Devil wrote:Frank, go fuck yourself.

Aww, sweety, lighten up. I was just poking a little fun. No need to be a Thin-Skinned White Devil.
Frank The Bunny
Über Fan
Über Fan

Postby JackT » Tue Aug 12, 2008 8:38 am

You guys need a third for this argument?
"He was a mongoose, rather like a little cat in his fur and his tail, but quite like a weasel in his head and his habits."
JackT
Über Fan
Über Fan

Postby Frank The Bunny » Tue Aug 12, 2008 8:49 am

JackT wrote:You guys need a third for this argument?

Let 'er rip, JT
Frank The Bunny
Über Fan
Über Fan

Postby guitarplayer on here too » Tue Aug 12, 2008 8:50 am

Recorded versions. "Think I Need Too" was played on Janice Long's Radio 2 show about a month ago when Mac was supposed to be on there, but had to cancel. "Forgotten Fields" was played on a Brazilian radio show complete with a Mac interview and few acoustic tracks that somebody posted up a link to download over on the dark side.

I was trying to find the link for the "Forgotten Fields" track (it'll be on there somewhere) but can't find it amongst some of the pap that masquerade as forum threads. Seems reciting lyrics from every song on Ocean Rain seem to be the main topics of the day these days.
guitarplayer on here too

Postby Thin White Devil » Tue Aug 12, 2008 8:59 am

Thanks for the info, gp. I now remember seeing news items about the Janice Long show, but it somehow completely went past me.
Thin White Devil

PreviousNext

Return to Echo & The Bunnymen