What gig are you attending or which one would you attend?

General discussion about the band, live shows, its recordings or bootlegs, etc. You can buy, sell or trade here. You can even post eBay links. If it's about the Bunnymen, it goes here.

Which gig are you going to/ or could choose to go to?

RAH gig only
30%
RAH gig & Liverpool Echo Arena
17%
Liverpool Echo Arena only... couldn't get RAH tickets
9%
I think I'll wait for them to possibly tour around the world & maybe hit my area
35%
None, too rich for my blood b/c of the prices for it all. I'm just not interested.
4%
Not interested in Liverpool Echo but, want to go to RAH or another city so, I'll try scalpers or ebay or another site.
4%

Total votes : 23

Postby Dave Smith » Wed May 14, 2008 7:58 am

Dr Cheese wrote:Kranky records you say? Nice!

Dirty Wee Boy is a modern classic.

What a gal.Her sexual fetish is to dress like a women.Probably had an affair with Stu 'ooh I could crush a grape' Francis
Dave Smith
Über Fan
Über Fan

Postby Frank The Bunny » Wed May 14, 2008 9:57 am

Dave Smith wrote:What a gal.Her sexual fetish is to dress like a women.Probably had an affair with Stu 'ooh I could crush a grape' Francis

That's a woman?
I thought it was Angus Young.

Frank The Bunny
Über Fan
Über Fan

Postby Mr. Brian » Wed May 14, 2008 10:01 am

Red wrote:eewwww.......no way!? that seems too morbid! at least your ashes are all you! how do they get 'you' out of the lye?? and then re-use it? eeww. i dunno if i buy that one. i know i wouldn't choose that method! uck!

I am pretty sure I remember reading that this is a practice usually used to dispose of animal carcasses.

When a cremation occurs, you really just get pulverized bone fragments anyway. Most of the body is vaporized in the extreme heat. That does still sound better than lye though!

Then again, the funeral is really for the living when you think about it. You won't know the difference. A friend of mine died recently and I remember him once saying he wanted to be cremated. He got an open casket and a standard funeral. He never wrote it down or anything and maybe his parents needed to see the body like that for closure.
Mr. Brian
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby Frank The Bunny » Wed May 14, 2008 11:01 am

A traditional casket burial does prevent your loved ones from developing a post-mortem obsession with your remains.

As I type this, I am certain there are hundreds if not thousands of jars o' departed being hauled around on family vacations all over this world.

That little Travelocity gnome - it's really an urn. Uncle Harry's inside.
Frank The Bunny
Über Fan
Über Fan

Postby withahip » Wed May 14, 2008 2:00 pm

Seven Seas wrote:Sorry dude, you got it mixed up. He wanted me to throw his ring back to him in November. Yet, some "remarks" were "thrown" at PG & me b/c of our looks walking down Fleet Street. Hey though...we're not dead from them.

You are too hard on yourself. I don't think anyone was ever killed by their looks.

I think you'd be even more miserable in Britain than you are in the U.S. - but misery loves company . .

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/talking_point/974625.stm

The British are not exactly famous for their jolly disposition, but a new report puts a grim face on the nation's mood.
The survey found a quarter of the population fear a "hopeless future", one in three feels "downright miserable", and one in ten thinks he or she would be better off dead.
withahip
Über Fan
Über Fan

Postby Seven Seas » Wed May 14, 2008 4:45 pm

withahip wrote:You are too hard on yourself. I don't think anyone was ever killed by their looks.

I think you'd be even more miserable in Britain than you are in the U.S. - but misery loves company . .

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/talking_point/974625.stm

The British are not exactly famous for their jolly disposition, but a new report puts a grim face on the nation's mood.
The survey found a quarter of the population fear a "hopeless future", one in three feels "downright miserable", and one in ten thinks he or she would be better off dead.

Thanks for the insights Mr. Brian & Withahip.

Mr. Brian, yes, you're right...living there experiencing things in the right sense. LOL

Withahip though, sorry mate, we all have dreams of where we want to go, whom we want to be & how it hopes to be. I won't discuss or bore further but, since I was 12, I wanted to be in the UK, living, breathing, and yes, dying (when it was time). Some places just have such an impact on people. For there, it's for me...
Seven Seas

Postby Kounelaki » Wed May 14, 2008 4:48 pm

Kounelaki
Über Fan
Über Fan

Postby Red » Wed May 14, 2008 6:29 pm

Frank The Bunny wrote:As I type this, I am certain there are hundreds if not thousands of jars o' departed being hauled around on family vacations all over this world.

that's just....what's the word? .....insane?? :eek:
pfft!
Red
Über Fan
Über Fan

Postby moondance » Wed May 14, 2008 7:26 pm

Kounelaki wrote:Image

:lol: Very depressing subject but here is my brother's spin on the whole death thing.
He wants to be laid out dressed like a clown, with balloons, circus music, a hot dog cart and street food vendors all around the funeral home because he says that the first three letters of the word 'funeral' are F-U-N.
moondance

Postby JackT » Wed May 14, 2008 7:37 pm

moondance wrote::lol: Very depressing subject but here is my brother's spin on the whole death thing.
He wants to be laid out dressed like a clown, with balloons, circus music, a hot dog cart and street food vendors all around the funeral home because he says that the first three letters of the word 'funeral' are F-U-N.

Wow that's good for a few nightmares.
"He was a mongoose, rather like a little cat in his fur and his tail, but quite like a weasel in his head and his habits."
JackT
Über Fan
Über Fan

Postby zabird » Wed May 14, 2008 7:54 pm

I bet my brother, who is a Klown, would go for that :smile:

Me, I've got my music picked out (One Step Beyond, Ghost Town ... you get the picture :razz:), but none of the other details worked out yet.
zabird
Über Fan
Über Fan

Postby JackT » Wed May 14, 2008 7:57 pm

My living will states that I am to be kept alive regardless of the cost or hardship to my loved ones.
"He was a mongoose, rather like a little cat in his fur and his tail, but quite like a weasel in his head and his habits."
JackT
Über Fan
Über Fan

Postby insanejane » Wed May 14, 2008 8:24 pm

Moondance, that's hysterical! Zabird's brother should definitely do it.

As far as ashes, I heard that when you return to collect your relative's ashes that you get little bits of lots of other's relatives included. It's rare that the entire contents of one person is in an urn.

Remember the episode of "Six Feet Under" when they have a "green" (non-embalming) funeral and a coyote or mountain lion digs up the body? Was that how the episode went?

A business in a town close to where I used to live on the East coast (Fort Lee) was caught not too long ago digging up and selling body parts. Some parts were sold before the person was buried and things like pipes or broomsticks were put place of arms or legs under the deceased person's clothing if they happened to be laid out.
:eek:
insanejane

Postby Fish Hook Girl » Wed May 14, 2008 11:33 pm

JackT wrote:My living will states that I am to be kept alive regardless of the cost or hardship to my loved ones.

That's very thoughtful of you.
Fish Hook Girl

Postby Frank The Bunny » Thu May 15, 2008 12:00 am

Red wrote:that's just....what's the word? .....insane?? :eek:

Oh, it's absolutely insane. But I'm pretty sure it's happening.
These are the same people that do that whole pet taxidermy thing - freezedried Fluffy and/or Fido in natural "sleeping" poses

Frank The Bunny
Über Fan
Über Fan

PreviousNext

Return to Echo & The Bunnymen