Wil to be 'Replaced'?

General discussion about the band, live shows, its recordings or bootlegs, etc. You can buy, sell or trade here. You can even post eBay links. If it's about the Bunnymen, it goes here.

Wil to be 'Replaced'?

Postby T » Mon Dec 04, 2023 8:11 am

Not that he could be in the truest sense but given his recent comments on Mac, "He's too aggressive" etc, the recent no-shows, his Twitter comments 'Staying in the desert alone, away from pressures' and his U2 jaunt...do you think Mac and his coterie of enablers are looking to replace Wil? The official BM Socials recently put a shout out for Bunnymen tribute acts to get in touch...Maybe I'm connecting dots that aren't there.
Wil would be better for it if ousted from what is a group in brand only...
T
Just Tuned In
Just Tuned In

Re: Wil to be 'Replaced'?

Postby Voodoo Billy » Mon Dec 04, 2023 11:53 am

Why would Mac want to find a Bunnymen tribute act? He's already in one.
Purveyor of the 'semi-predictable one-liner (which) embodies the essence of the type of comedic crap we grew to love here. VB is a crazy fool'
Voodoo Billy
Über Fan
Über Fan

Postby The Monro » Mon Dec 04, 2023 5:52 pm

Yeah, that tribute act appeal was a bit weird but one thing I do know, Will is fiercely protective of the Bunnymen name and dare I say it, 'brand' so he would not go down without a fight.
The Monro

Postby T » Tue Dec 05, 2023 3:35 am

Who owns the Copyright to the name EATB?
Their management seem Mac centric.

The vibe I get from Will is that he'd be relieved to be shot of Mac at this point...
T
Just Tuned In
Just Tuned In

Postby The Monro » Tue Dec 05, 2023 7:02 am

Seing as he was able to carry on with the name when Mac left in 1989, I think Will must at least have a share of it. I’d be amazed if he didn’t. I also think that’s part of the reason that he stays - so that McCulloch can’t trash the name any more than he already has done.
The Monro

Postby The Monro » Fri Dec 22, 2023 7:39 am

"A big thank you to all those who replied when we asked if you are in a tribute band. We didn’t realize there were so many. Contrary to some opinions, we are not looking for new band members."

Posted today.
The Monro

Return to Echo & The Bunnymen