New live & rare review

General discussion about the band, live shows, its recordings or bootlegs, etc. You can buy, sell or trade here. You can even post eBay links. If it's about the Bunnymen, it goes here.

New live & rare review

Postby fat cherry » Sat Apr 08, 2023 9:37 am

fat cherry
Über Fan
Über Fan

Re: New live & rare review

Postby The Monro » Tue Apr 11, 2023 6:28 am

Still got my vinyl copy.
The Monro

Postby Voodoo Billy » Tue Apr 11, 2023 11:45 am

The Monro wrote:Still got my vinyl copy.

Me too, and the CD version which I picked up on Ebay more recently.
Purveyor of the 'semi-predictable one-liner (which) embodies the essence of the type of comedic crap we grew to love here. VB is a crazy fool'
Voodoo Billy
Über Fan
Über Fan

Postby The Monro » Wed Apr 26, 2023 2:51 pm

Does anyone know which Swedish show 'Do It Clean' is taken from on this one? It clearly isn’t The Albert Hall 18th July’83 as the sleeve states as it’s different from the versions on the b-side of The Killing Moon 12” and the one on the Crystal Days box, plus Mac says something like 'clever Swedes' at one point when the crowd start clapping. I’ve seen a suggestion that it’s from Gothenburg and so the obvious candidate would be The Kåren Club from 1985 which was recorded for radio broadcast but although it was played on that leg of the tour, the setlist doesn’t have it shown for that night. It was on the setlist though when they returned to the city a fortnight later to play at Errol’s Club.
The Monro

Postby The Monro » Fri Apr 28, 2023 10:26 am

Mystery solved by a lurker from this parish - it is indeed from The Kåren Club 25.04.85 so the online setlists are obviously wrong.
The Monro

Return to Echo & The Bunnymen