Cruel world festival

General discussion about the band, live shows, its recordings or bootlegs, etc. You can buy, sell or trade here. You can even post eBay links. If it's about the Bunnymen, it goes here.

Cruel world festival

Postby fat cherry » Mon Jan 23, 2023 4:39 pm

fat cherry
Über Fan
Über Fan

Re: Cruel world festival

Postby black francis » Sat Apr 01, 2023 12:25 am

I wanted to go so bad but in my advanced age I don't do festivals anymore unless it's the VIP treatment. Was on strike for three days in the rain and got a 30% raise, "thank you for working during Covid" bonus and two retro checks. If those babies kick in before May 20th I'll be looking for tickets. I've never seen Siouxsie live and I need something new to complain about regarding the Bunnymen. A mediocre daytime performance should do the trick.
With the Force as his ally he did battle with the Dark Lord. And he showed the measure of a true Jedi at a place called "The Death Star" where hope for the Galaxy was reborn. May all who struggle against tyranny hold his memory in their hearts
black francis
Bunnygod
Bunnygod

Postby black francis » Tue May 16, 2023 11:34 pm

Fuck it. The missus and I bought the VIP tickets. I wanted the Clubhouse level tickets so I wouldn't have to mingle with the poors but the missus said no dice. I'm there for the Bunnymen, Gang of Four, Love and Rockets and Siouxsie. Everyone else can fuck off. I'll probably just sit in the air conditioned restrooms and read a book while the other bands play.
With the Force as his ally he did battle with the Dark Lord. And he showed the measure of a true Jedi at a place called "The Death Star" where hope for the Galaxy was reborn. May all who struggle against tyranny hold his memory in their hearts
black francis
Bunnygod
Bunnygod

Postby fat cherry » Wed May 17, 2023 11:59 am

Have fun BF - and with all that spare time in the restroom you'll be able to write us a great review - warts and all. :biggrin:
fat cherry
Über Fan
Über Fan

Postby fat cherry » Wed May 24, 2023 5:15 pm

And whadya know, it's all there on the choose. Not sure I can be arsed watching it all so if any of you lot want to tell me the highlights.

fat cherry
Über Fan
Über Fan

Postby Mr. Brian » Fri May 26, 2023 3:13 pm

Give us your review of the festival.
Were you able to return on Sunday and see the Siouxie show that got postponed due to the weather?
I kinda skimmed through the video since I’m at work and the Bunnymen seemed good. Mac was in good spirits and joking with the crowd at least. Although they are a band that don’t have that daytime vibe.
Mr. Brian
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby Sick4Tunz » Mon Dec 25, 2023 3:43 pm

I was there on the barricade of that stage all day. Gary Numan performed before the Bunnymen, Love and Rockets performed after them. I was sad to say that the Bunnymen's performance felt deflated when paired against these two other acts, both in style and performance. I was disappointed. Ian appeared more interested in complaining to someone off to the side of the stage. But it will not deter me from catching them at multiple shows in May 2024!

Bunnymen
https://youtu.be/1vEo8Opqf94?si=hYXE7qoiUg9sg94_

Gary Numan
https://youtu.be/PvLXYzZqdwo

Love and Rockets
https://youtu.be/EwRVL6Ajxvc
Sick4Tunz

Return to Echo & The Bunnymen