Ian McCulloch and his funnymen

General discussion about the band, live shows, its recordings or bootlegs, etc. You can buy, sell or trade here. You can even post eBay links. If it's about the Bunnymen, it goes here.

Ian McCulloch and his funnymen

Postby King Of Kings » Tue Oct 18, 2022 11:23 am

https://www.bing.com/videos/search?q=ia ... &FORM=VIRE

New song is Shit

Oh dear Bunnymen MK3 - No Will
King Of Kings

Re: Ian McCulloch and his funnymen

Postby fat cherry » Wed Oct 19, 2022 5:37 am

Could I leap in and suggest Mk vi? Though you know, if you do the math.......jokes, obvs, I think we've had this debate before but I enjoy it so, minipops is Mki, classic line up Mk ii, touring version without pete, Mkiii - though not recording so dismiss that, reverberation era is Mk iii then, reformed with les Mk iv,, les leaves so Will and Mac with rotating door of boys in the band is Mk v and mac with boys in the band and occasional will mk vi. Confused? Well you don't get this class of debate on the FB pages you know. Does sound a bit rough in those vids though.
fat cherry
Über Fan
Über Fan

Postby all_my_colours3 » Thu Oct 20, 2022 1:10 am

King Of Kings wrote:https://www.bing.com/videos/search?q=ian+mcculloch+natwhich&docid=20716773327532&mid=AB0C97A3B822F9DF8168AB0C97A3B822F9DF8168&view=detail&FORM=VIRE

New song is Shit

Oh dear Bunnymen MK3 - No Will

Ian looked a lot more relaxed and it also looked like he was enjoying the evening vs being uptight and wanting to get off of the stage at the regular Bunnymen shows.

The clips were good. Vocals might not have been 100% but it sounded way better than the recent concerts. I actually prefer this version of the band better. Dare I say, Will’s new sound doesn’t fit the songs anymore. The tone is too heavy for the lighter songs. Long gone are the bright sounds from the telecaster.
all_my_colours3

Postby fat cherry » Thu Oct 20, 2022 9:13 am

You're not Mac are you, lol. I prefer it heavier. If they'd have carried on with electrafixion I'd have been happy, but that got light with some of the b sides. How long ago is that? Grass is always greener and all that.
fat cherry
Über Fan
Über Fan

Postby Voodoo Billy » Thu Oct 20, 2022 10:35 am

fat cherry wrote:You're not Mac are you, lol. I prefer it heavier. If they'd have carried on with electrafixion I'd have been happy, but that got light with some of the b sides. How long ago is that? Grass is always greener and all that.

I'm with you FC, though that greener grass was ripped up and tarmacked over years ago, only to be replaced by that artificial turf more recently.
Purveyor of the 'semi-predictable one-liner (which) embodies the essence of the type of comedic crap we grew to love here. VB is a crazy fool'
Voodoo Billy
Über Fan
Über Fan

Postby fat cherry » Thu Oct 20, 2022 3:30 pm

The metaphor is getting better all the time, way to go VB!!!
fat cherry
Über Fan
Über Fan

Postby Dave Smith » Sat Oct 22, 2022 4:42 am

Hi.
Yes I made the pilgrimage to Nantwich from Sweden and you can't judge the night from the videos.
Met Gourdy outside beforehand "you're back!"
"Been playing with Simple Minds
I hardly know the songs!"
Anyway ..probably my fave Mac solo gig and god knows I've been to more than a few.lol.He was totally relaxed, sober and sang great .Gourdy gave it more balls than Will on guitar.Will...Sgt Fuzz to Sgt Dog Walker.Dont know what's happened with him recently and his sound and playing .
So to a great crowd and evening. Better gig than the Bunnymen this year by a country mile.
Dave Smith
Über Fan
Über Fan

Postby MightyWhyte » Wed Oct 26, 2022 11:43 am

Dave Smith wrote:Hi.
Yes I made the pilgrimage to Nantwich from Sweden and you can't judge the night from the videos.
Met Gourdy outside beforehand "you're back!"
"Been playing with Simple Minds
I hardly know the songs!"
Anyway ..probably my fave Mac solo gig and god knows I've been to more than a few.lol.He was totally relaxed, sober and sang great .Gourdy gave it more balls than Will on guitar.Will...Sgt Fuzz to Sgt Dog Walker.Dont know what's happened with him recently and his sound and playing .
So to a great crowd and evening. Better gig than the Bunnymen this year by a country mile.

After the sound check Gordy and co went for a wander but when they tried to get back in the venue the following amused me

Door Staff " Who are you?"
Gordy "We're the band"
Door Staff "How do I know that?"

Classic :lol: :lol:
BunnyGod Pin needed :sad:
MightyWhyte

Return to Echo & The Bunnymen