Mac @ Nantwich

General discussion about the band, live shows, its recordings or bootlegs, etc. You can buy, sell or trade here. You can even post eBay links. If it's about the Bunnymen, it goes here.

Mac @ Nantwich

Postby MightyWhyte » Sat Oct 15, 2022 5:22 am

Heyup, me n the missus are off to the Civic Hall tonight £20 a ticket ain't too bad for a night out :cool: :cool:
BunnyGod Pin needed :sad:
MightyWhyte

Re: Mac @ Nantwich

Postby The Monro » Sat Oct 15, 2022 5:52 am

I thought this was coming up soon - be interested to hear how it goes.
The Monro

Postby MightyWhyte » Sun Oct 16, 2022 6:09 am

The Monro wrote:I thought this was coming up soon - be interested to hear how it goes.

Really Good Night Mac's vocals were the usual but he was in a good mood and that shone through in his performance the venue and its hosts was excellent too. Peasy made sure Mac was supplied with lyrics and JD throughout top man, one thing I never saw was Mac having a cheeky cigarette good lad.

Ok here goes apologies if the setlist has anything missing that will be due to my memory fading with age.

Proud to fall
Rescue
Bedbugs
Sliding
Zimbo
Lover Lover Lover
Waiting for the man
Rust
An unstoppable force
Seven seas
Candleland
Nothing last forever
Dancing Horses
The Killing Moon
Encore 1
Lips like sugar
Encore 2
The Cutter
MightyWhyte

Postby The Monro » Sun Oct 16, 2022 7:17 am

Thanks for that. Good to hear that it went well.
The Monro

Postby Voodoo Billy » Mon Oct 17, 2022 6:33 am

The bar doesn't seem set very high as to whether a Mac / Bunnymen gig is any good these days. Mac being in a good mood and managing to get through a whole set seems to indicate success.
Purveyor of the 'semi-predictable one-liner (which) embodies the essence of the type of comedic crap we grew to love here. VB is a crazy fool'
Voodoo Billy
Über Fan
Über Fan

Postby allthatjazz » Mon Oct 17, 2022 7:16 pm

MightyWhyte wrote:
The Monro wrote:I thought this was coming up soon - be interested to hear how it goes.

Really Good Night Mac's vocals were the usual but he was in a good mood and that shone through in his performance the venue and its hosts was excellent too. Peasy made sure Mac was supplied with lyrics and JD throughout top man, one thing I never saw was Mac having a cheeky cigarette good lad.

Ok here goes apologies if the setlist has anything missing that will be due to my memory fading with age.

Proud to fall
Rescue
Bedbugs
Sliding
Zimbo
Lover Lover Lover
Waiting for the man
Rust
An unstoppable force
Seven seas
Candleland
Nothing last forever
Dancing Horses
The Killing Moon
Encore 1
Lips like sugar
Encore 2
The Cutter

Good to hear. I was surprised he had nearly the full Bunnymen squad except for Ste + Will and that Gordie was back...Sounds like it was a stellar night out. Good news!
allthatjazz

Postby MightyWhyte » Tue Oct 18, 2022 11:46 am

Voodoo Billy wrote:The bar doesn't seem set very high as to whether a Mac / Bunnymen gig is any good these days. Mac being in a good mood and managing to get through a whole set seems to indicate success.

I came to the conclusion decades ago that I would be continually disappointed to do any other VB :biggrin:
MightyWhyte

Postby MightyWhyte » Tue Oct 18, 2022 12:25 pm

allthatjazz wrote:
MightyWhyte wrote:

Proud to fall
Rescue
Bedbugs
Sliding
Zimbo
Lover Lover Lover
Waiting for the man
Rust
An unstoppable force
Seven seas
Candleland
Nothing last forever
Dancing Horses
The Killing Moon
Encore 1
Lips like sugar
Encore 2
The Cutter

Good to hear. I was surprised he had nearly the full Bunnymen squad except for Ste + Will and that Gordie was back...Sounds like it was a stellar night out. Good news!

Yeah I was surprised it was nearly a full band good to see Gordie
MightyWhyte

Postby meh » Sat Dec 17, 2022 5:14 pm

MightyWhyte wrote:

An unstoppable force

Encore 1

Encore 2
T

3 new songs?
meh

Postby meh » Sat Dec 17, 2022 5:25 pm

meh

Return to Echo & The Bunnymen