Will No Worse For Wear

General discussion about the band, live shows, its recordings or bootlegs, etc. You can buy, sell or trade here. You can even post eBay links. If it's about the Bunnymen, it goes here.

Will No Worse For Wear

Postby allthatjazz » Tue Aug 30, 2022 12:36 am

Will enjoying the backstage parties....With loyal friends and fans! There are and always will be perks to being a rock star.
Attachments
301476938_10158561732075894_5433094501368049419_n.jpg
301476938_10158561732075894_5433094501368049419_n.jpg (137.84 KiB) Viewed 894 times
allthatjazz

Re: Will No Worse For Wear

Postby Stars Are Stars » Tue Aug 30, 2022 2:10 am

allthatjazz wrote:Will enjoying the backstage parties....With loyal friends and fans! There are and always will be perks to being a rock star.

I guess we all have a different opinion of the perks of the job. I’m failing to miss it from this photo. Time isn’t on any of our sides anymore. Same with Will and fan.

I reckon their main priority is to get through a full set of what’s now become an average of 14-16 songs. Last night sounds more of the same with people saying Ian sounded “sloshed”.
Stars Are Stars

Postby allthatjazz » Tue Aug 30, 2022 2:49 am

Times running out the door your running in...But I digress...that doesn't mean you can't enjoy the time you have left. That's why they call it rock-n-roll. And, as far as Mac being sloshed. Hasn't that always been part of his stage presence since their earliest days? The point is they're still doing exactly what they want, each in their own way. Life goes on!
allthatjazz

Postby Stars Are Stars » Tue Aug 30, 2022 3:08 am

allthatjazz wrote:Times running out the door your running in...But I digress...that doesn't mean you can't enjoy the time you have left. That's why they call it rock-n-roll. And, as far as Mac being sloshed. Hasn't that always been part of his stage presence since their earliest days? The point is they're still doing exactly what they want, each in their own way. Life goes on!

Taking photos with fans is basically no different than me taking photos with my wife’s friends at gatherings that we go to. No need to read into things because nothing else is going on besides doing just that.

I have to disagree that they’re doing exactly what they want because Will still says he has no input in the Bunnymen and Ian really isn’t coherent anymore. That’s not rock n roll.
Stars Are Stars

Postby allthatjazz » Tue Aug 30, 2022 3:39 am

Stars Are Stars wrote:
allthatjazz wrote:Times running out the door your running in...But I digress...that doesn't mean you can't enjoy the time you have left. That's why they call it rock-n-roll. And, as far as Mac being sloshed. Hasn't that always been part of his stage presence since their earliest days? The point is they're still doing exactly what they want, each in their own way. Life goes on!

Taking photos with fans is basically no different than me taking photos with my wife’s friends at gatherings that we go to. No need to read into things because nothing else is going on besides doing just that.

I have to disagree that they’re doing exactly what they want because Will still says he has no input in the Bunnymen and Ian really isn’t coherent anymore. That’s not rock n roll.

First, my post isn't about you. It's a photo of Will enjoying himself backstage after the show. Though Mac may be struggling. I don't think I've ever seen Will look better. Second, incoherent rock stars have been a part of rock-n-roll for a long time now. For better or worse.
Attachments
Jim-Morrison-laying-on-the-stage-during-a-1968-concert-for-The-Doors..jpg
Jim-Morrison-laying-on-the-stage-during-a-1968-concert-for-The-Doors..jpg (127.93 KiB) Viewed 872 times
allthatjazz

Postby Stars Are Stars » Tue Aug 30, 2022 3:51 am

allthatjazz wrote:
First, my post isn't about you. It's a photo of Will enjoying himself backstage after the show. Though Mac may be struggling. I don't think I've ever seen Will look better. Second, incoherent rock stars have been a part of rock-n-roll for a long time now. For better or worse.

Lol my point exactly. Because you take a photo with someone…does it mean you’re enjoying yourself and are partying it up? In his case, can’t he take a photo with a fan without people reading into it? I can’t imagine how hard that job must be when there’s people assuming there’s more to a situation when there might not be.

Will is looking older and he’s making me feel my age. Prefer the younger look myself but we can’t turn back time.

Watching a singer look ill while being incoherent isn’t as common as you think nowadays. We’ve come a long way since the 70s.
Stars Are Stars

Postby allthatjazz » Tue Aug 30, 2022 4:44 am

Stars Are Stars wrote:
allthatjazz wrote:

Lol my point exactly. Because you take a photo with someone…does it mean you’re enjoying yourself and are partying it up? In his case, can’t he take a photo with a fan without people reading into it? I can’t imagine how hard that job must be when there’s people assuming there’s more to a situation when there might not be.

Will is looking older and he’s making me feel my age. Prefer the younger look myself but we can’t turn back time.

Watching a singer look ill while being incoherent isn’t as common as you think nowadays. We’ve come a long way since the 70s.

No one is making assumptions about the photo than you. She is a friend and happily married. People can still enjoy each others company. And they had a great time backstage and in conversation. I posted the picture because Will looks so relaxed despite the tour getting off to a rocky start. And once again you are making this post about you and your age...Christ! It's about Will looking great! That's why I posted the photo. And if you think rock stars don't continue to die of drug over dose, don't google how many rock stars/members of bands have died of drug O/D in the past twenty years. I only wish that you were right. Sadly, you're mistaken.
allthatjazz

Postby allthatjazz » Tue Aug 30, 2022 6:30 am

The Bunnymen just posted this fabulous photo of Mac who looks like he will probably outlive us all: https://www.instagram.com/p/Ch4SbHls9_- ... MTA2M2Y%3D
allthatjazz

Return to Echo & The Bunnymen