Is Mac OK?

General discussion about the band, live shows, its recordings or bootlegs, etc. You can buy, sell or trade here. You can even post eBay links. If it's about the Bunnymen, it goes here.

Is Mac OK?

Postby oceanbrain » Fri Jun 10, 2022 1:22 am

oceanbrain

Re: Is Mac OK?

Postby fat cherry » Fri Jun 10, 2022 4:14 am

Dunno. In what way?
fat cherry
Über Fan
Über Fan

Postby fat cherry » Fri Jun 10, 2022 4:54 am

Certainly made an impression on the reviewer from the Liverpool echo

The gig kicked off shortly after 7.30pm as support act, Echo & The Bunnymen took to the stage, and roars were heard when original Stones members Mick Jagger, Keith Richards and Ronnie Wood have been joined by drummer Steve Jordan, came on stage at 8.45pm.

https://www.liverpoolecho.co.uk/whats-o ... source=nba
fat cherry
Über Fan
Über Fan

Postby fat cherry » Fri Jun 10, 2022 4:57 am

I'm still naive enough that when I read the words "and roars were heard when original members..." was going to lead to #walked on stage and grooved along/sang backing vocals to nothing lasts forever (or your fave song, whatever).
fat cherry
Über Fan
Über Fan

Postby King Of Kings » Fri Jun 10, 2022 5:08 am

set list

Lips Like Sugar
Rescue
Bring On the Dancing Horses
Seven Seas
Nothing Lasts Forever / Walk On The Wild Side
Bedbugs and Ballyhoo
Never Stop
The Cutter
The Killing Moon

King Of Kings

Postby fat cherry » Fri Jun 10, 2022 5:10 am

Just watched the video the whole way through. Just looking old I think. I get that when I look in the mirror and my dad looks back at me. Maybe he's thinking, this is it then........ or maybe he's thinking, if I was bono I'd be running up and down that landing strip in front of me.

From that angle the crew faffing and generally chatting is a bit distracting n'est pa's? Is that peasy? Any lip readers amongst us can tell us what they're saying.

I heard ceri kis back on keyboards too.
fat cherry
Über Fan
Über Fan

Postby fat cherry » Fri Jun 10, 2022 7:33 am

The former Mrs m popped up on my Instagram feed this morning - probably due to my following #bunnymen stuff, (were not actual mates, lol), she seems to think he's fine:
https://www.instagram.com/p/CentOlUs_8t ... MyMTA2M2Y=
fat cherry
Über Fan
Über Fan

Postby crystal89 » Fri Jun 10, 2022 9:04 am

Watched a few of the videos, and they sound very good. That Jazzmaster sound really suits for the vast majority of what they usually play. No idea who the sound engineer is, but Mac putting in a real effort for once. The pre chorus to Lips was actually done properly, and he looks really confident. Will as always is a cool cat!
crystal89

Postby all_my_colours3 » Fri Jun 10, 2022 9:46 am

It’s also telling when you don’t get a mention in the review in your hometown newspaper.

I must be getting a different feed as the vocals sound off in a lot of places and the sound drops out on one or two of the songs. Somehow they keep getting more and more pop and Will is dancing like no one is watching, except we all are. They can’t possibly play in the daylight anymore. This is depressing.

Mrs M is happy to promote whatever brand Ian is wearing. Doesn’t matter if he looks like he’s on deaths door. What happened to the rest of his body? He looked ill at the London show but this seems worse.
all_my_colours3

Postby fat cherry » Fri Jun 10, 2022 10:24 am

Will seems chipper enough:

https://twitter.com/Will_Fuzz/status/15 ... 21/photo/2

The massive gig, in daylight does kind of highlight their anti-rockstar approach as being perhaps, well you know, a reason they aren't headlining these gigs. There's no swagger is there, where there used to be. Compare with the stones vids going round and, well at least three of them are charging allover the place. Smiling even - want to watch that they do, never get em anywhere. The stage layout doesn't help either does it, what with the massive gap in the audience whilst all those paying 250 a ticket are still in the liggers lounge.

As to is he well/OK or not? I'd guess getting old, lost a bit of weight, wrinklier than used to be - like me, haha. The picture Loz put up is a bit shopped I'd guess.
fat cherry
Über Fan
Über Fan

Postby all_my_colours3 » Fri Jun 10, 2022 10:56 am

Stones definitely had more energy from the clips. Might take Ian or Will 20 minutes to get down that ramp. Don’t think their set was long enough.

Looks like Will also went round to his local charity shop to sign albums. He didn’t say he signed them the last time he was there. Maybe they’ll go up from £2 to £3 after the big gig. :biggrin:

https://twitter.com/Will_Fuzz/status/15 ... 4YsGGHIaCQ
all_my_colours3

Postby Dave Smith » Sat Jun 11, 2022 1:59 am

Something not right I agree .Mac looks and sounds disorientated to me ..worrying.Check out bedbugs. Its like hes there..but not there .
Dave Smith
Über Fan
Über Fan

Postby Dave Smith » Sat Jun 11, 2022 2:00 am

all_my_colours3 wrote:It’s also telling when you don’t get a mention in the review in your hometown newspaper.

I must be getting a different feed as the vocals sound off in a lot of places and the sound drops out on one or two of the songs. Somehow they keep getting more and more pop and Will is dancing like no one is watching, except we all are. They can’t possibly play in the daylight anymore. This is depressing.

Mrs M is happy to promote whatever brand Ian is wearing. Doesn’t matter if he looks like he’s on deaths door. What happened to the rest of his body? He looked ill at the London show but this seems worse.

Yep some local brand .they dressed him up like an undertaker
Dave Smith
Über Fan
Über Fan

Postby all_my_colours3 » Sat Jun 11, 2022 6:47 am

Dave Smith wrote:Something not right I agree .Mac looks and sounds disorientated to me ..worrying.Check out bedbugs. Its like hes there..but not there .

The photos on Instagram have since been taken down. I thought the post was odd anyway. He looked like he’s on his way out. Hope that’s not true but all signs are pointing that way. At the gig in February, I remember thinking it might be the last time I’d ever see them. Somethings wrong.

Can’t remember seeing Bedbugs but I know it was after watching Rescue that I vowed to never go and see them in the light again. Festivals are out. I’ll watch the clip.
all_my_colours3

Next

Return to Echo & The Bunnymen