Is Mac OK?

General discussion about the band, live shows, its recordings or bootlegs, etc. You can buy, sell or trade here. You can even post eBay links. If it's about the Bunnymen, it goes here.

Re: Is Mac OK?

Postby Voodoo Billy » Wed Jul 06, 2022 1:21 pm

Dave Smith wrote:Yep. My Stockholm "home gig" got cancelled yesterday so I expect the rest to have been ditched as well.

No news from the band- just the venue explaining it was to be re-arranged but now officially cancelled.

Christ Pete Doherty is more reliable than the Bunnymen these days.

Shambolic isn't it Dave.
Purveyor of the 'semi-predictable one-liner (which) embodies the essence of the type of comedic crap we grew to love here. VB is a crazy fool'
Voodoo Billy
Über Fan
Über Fan

Postby Dave Smith » Wed Jul 06, 2022 1:34 pm

So un Bunnymen as well.Is it Mac?Will?both??
Dave Smith
Über Fan
Über Fan

Postby all_my_colours3 » Thu Jul 07, 2022 7:40 am

Dave Smith wrote:Yep. My Stockholm "home gig" got cancelled yesterday so I expect the rest to have been ditched as well.

No news from the band- just the venue explaining it was to be re-arranged but now officially cancelled.

Christ Pete Doherty is more reliable than the Bunnymen these days.

Just had a look at the Berns site out of curiosity. It now says 7/3/23? Spain, France and Portugal are still on their website. 10 days open between the Paris and Valencia show. Maybe more will be cancelled.
all_my_colours3

Postby Dave Smith » Thu Jul 07, 2022 2:32 pm

Yep but gig cancelled. Have an email
Dave Smith
Über Fan
Über Fan

Postby allthatjazz » Thu Jul 07, 2022 8:03 pm

Dave Smith wrote:So un Bunnymen as well.Is it Mac?Will?both??

Good question....None of this makes sense. I was told the festivals were cancelled due to people not being vaccine compliant...Nothing has changed here in the states as to any of that...I mean we're like everyone else in the world still dealing with Covid B.A. 5 or whatever the last variant is so all thing being equal I honestly don't understand why they would cancel those European dates and expect the U.S. dates to go forward...Not only that bu they keep adding dates like Montreal and Pittsburgh. Anyway, I hope whoever got sick is on the mend....I won't commit to shows until the plane lands and they get some shows under their belt. But even then it's still dicey.
allthatjazz

Postby fat cherry » Fri Jul 08, 2022 6:50 am

Maybe its not covid but brexit paperwork/compliance - presumably has to be done for every country now. Whereas I'd guess north America is the same as ever. I say this in the spirit of I haven't a clue on either, which as you know don't stop me gobbling off from time to time. There was one euro gig a few days ago wasn't there? Or was that will interview (another with the now famous , we don't bother practicing line, lol, yes we all want to hear that). I've stopped frequenting the official buns fb page for a while now.
fat cherry
Über Fan
Über Fan

Postby all_my_colours3 » Fri Jul 08, 2022 6:52 am

allthatjazz wrote:
Dave Smith wrote:So un Bunnymen as well.Is it Mac?Will?both??

Good question....None of this makes sense. I was told the festivals were cancelled due to people not being vaccine compliant...Nothing has changed here in the states as to any of that...I mean we're like everyone else in the world still dealing with Covid B.A. 5 or whatever the last variant is so all thing being equal I honestly don't understand why they would cancel those European dates and expect the U.S. dates to go forward...Not only that bu they keep adding dates like Montreal and Pittsburgh. Anyway, I hope whoever got sick is on the mend....I won't commit to shows until the plane lands and they get some shows under their belt. But even then it's still dicey.

Very poor management, same as it ever was tho. By the time they get the shows rescheduled, it will be 50 years of Magical Songs while still promoting 40. I’ve noticed an influx of messages from Ian and Will regarding how much they care for their fans yet they don’t do anything to push their managers to let people know about cancelled concerts, delayed merch, etc. It’s more like 40 years of being dysfunctional than the songs at this point.

Shame that camp Bunnymen is in shambles. Health concerns?

You might want to wait until the day of the show because if someone comes down with covid, they’ll be cancelled again. Rolling Stones recent incident is a good example.
all_my_colours3

Postby Dave Smith » Fri Jul 08, 2022 10:30 am

45 euro refund received less 6 euros booking fee

Marvellous!
Dave Smith
Über Fan
Über Fan

Postby all_my_colours3 » Fri Jul 08, 2022 1:07 pm

Dave Smith wrote:45 euro refund received less 6 euros booking fee

Marvellous!

Should be refunded the total amount full stop. One of my mates lost £50 from cancelled shows. Ridiculous.
all_my_colours3

Postby all_my_colours3 » Sat Jul 09, 2022 6:29 am

fat cherry wrote:Maybe its not covid but brexit paperwork/compliance - presumably has to be done for every country now. Whereas I'd guess north America is the same as ever. I say this in the spirit of I haven't a clue on either, which as you know don't stop me gobbling off from time to time. There was one euro gig a few days ago wasn't there? Or was that will interview (another with the now famous , we don't bother practicing line, lol, yes we all want to hear that). I've stopped frequenting the official buns fb page for a while now.

Everyone else seems to be touring the world with no problems. Doubt it’s anything brexit. Still odd they didn’t announce the cancellation of the European shows. Just let people find out by emails from the venues.

Think they played the Sinners Day Fest but it didn’t look like they had much of a crowd there. I saw a post somewhere that was a photo of Will with a caption of something like who’s ready for Will and to see him rock or similar. No one on the street behind him. Very out of touch with reality.
all_my_colours3

Postby allthatjazz » Sat Jul 09, 2022 3:06 pm

The only thing that has me worried is that Will hasn't posted on Twitter since June 27th...It's not like him to go that long without a post. I don't mean to sound alarmist. Just concerned.....Hopefully, he's on some wonderful relaxing holiday and is taking time away from social media. And my worries are for nothing. But, still.
allthatjazz

Postby all_my_colours3 » Sun Jul 10, 2022 3:15 pm

allthatjazz wrote:The only thing that has me worried is that Will hasn't posted on Twitter since June 27th...It's not like him to go that long without a post. I don't mean to sound alarmist. Just concerned.....Hopefully, he's on some wonderful relaxing holiday and is taking time away from social media. And my worries are for nothing. But, still.

Good shout. Maybe they cancelled that festival spot because he went on vacation. It’s been a year of interesting excuses for the No-shows.
all_my_colours3

Postby allthatjazz » Sun Jul 10, 2022 5:16 pm

Will posted on Twitter today...He was out on his scooter....No worse for wear...The mystery persists.
allthatjazz

Postby Dave Smith » Sun Jul 10, 2022 9:34 pm

Must have got lost for 2 weeks
Dave Smith
Über Fan
Über Fan

Postby fat cherry » Tue Jul 12, 2022 9:46 am

he's banging on about tea now...........
fat cherry
Über Fan
Über Fan

PreviousNext

Return to Echo & The Bunnymen