any news?

General discussion about the band, live shows, its recordings or bootlegs, etc. You can buy, sell or trade here. You can even post eBay links. If it's about the Bunnymen, it goes here.

any news?

Postby neil_jung » Fri Dec 10, 2021 5:08 pm

has there been any announcements about new band/solo albums, books etc?
neil_jung
Just Tuned In
Just Tuned In

Re: any news?

Postby The Monro » Sat Dec 11, 2021 2:53 am

A new album has been recorded (Ian said in an interview recently that he was on his way to finish recording the vocals) and he’s also said to be (still) working on his book. Will is working on the second volume of his autobiography and also said recently that the audio of the complete Buxton gig used for Shine So Hard had been found and was being prepared for possible release.
The Monro

Postby fat cherry » Sat Dec 11, 2021 11:58 am

Woo. So new album 2023 then? Wonder if the apparent success of wills book has spurred him on, or its just the usual bullcrap.
fat cherry
Über Fan
Über Fan

Postby Voodoo Billy » Sun Dec 12, 2021 5:56 pm

fat cherry wrote:Woo. So new album 2023 then? Wonder if the apparent success of wills book has spurred him on, or its just the usual bullcrap.

I'll believe it when I see it FC, apparently there's a third lot of the handwritten lyrics on the cards, so why would he bother trying to write another decent song when he gets £50 a pop writing out the lyrics to an old one.
Purveyor of the 'semi-predictable one-liner (which) embodies the essence of the type of comedic crap we grew to love here. VB is a crazy fool'
Voodoo Billy
Über Fan
Über Fan

Postby fat cherry » Mon Dec 13, 2021 6:53 am

Also, is this the same album that was kind of ready to be recorded when someone in a suit offered the reimagination of the old stuff idea?
fat cherry
Über Fan
Über Fan

Postby Voodoo Billy » Tue Dec 14, 2021 9:04 am

fat cherry wrote:Also, is this the same album that was kind of ready to be recorded when someone in a suit offered the reimagination of the old stuff idea?

Hi FC! I have to say that the next instalment of Will's biography is the most anticipated release from Bunnyland here at Voodoo Towers.
Purveyor of the 'semi-predictable one-liner (which) embodies the essence of the type of comedic crap we grew to love here. VB is a crazy fool'
Voodoo Billy
Über Fan
Über Fan

Postby fat cherry » Tue Dec 14, 2021 4:28 pm

Same here. After all the trepidation, nay moaning on my part ghat it might be rubbish, it was really good, despite being mostly the bits in an autobiography that are traditionally rubbish.
fat cherry
Über Fan
Über Fan

Postby Mr. Brian » Fri Dec 17, 2021 3:38 pm

Us Bunnymen fans just love to be tortured hoping that a new album will finally be a turning point where we have more creative input from Will and an improvement in Mac's vocals. There hasn't even been a mediocre album from them since Siberia 15 years ago.

The book was a nice treat.
Looking forward to a full release of Shine So Hard
Mr. Brian
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby King Of Kings » Fri Dec 17, 2021 4:04 pm

Sad but True.

I have had many jobs

I Work, deliver the outputs, get paid

Spend my disposable o Sex Drugs and rock n Roll.

Now the Bunnymen for all intense and purposes are artisits

They sould have more respect for thiwe art form. Its how they will remmbered and defined. Where the rest of us will be forgton.

We also have to understand that the Bunnymen we all love sxisted a long time ago. They were different, we were different, the world was different.

A Kentucy Fry in the 80s tastes different to a Kentucky Frry in 2021. Well to me it does

Why should the the Bunnymen be any different

At the end of the day the Bunnymen were part of my youth and I guess had a part in shaping me. Thats why like them. my little time machine back to my innocence and youth. A time where you look forward and not back.

But after all send and done a new vibrent, dark, estoteric, cyptic offerering was to emerge I would be a happy OLD MAN
King Of Kings

Postby Mr. Brian » Fri Dec 17, 2021 4:15 pm

King Of Kings wrote:
We also have to understand that the Bunnymen we all love sxisted a long time ago. They were different, we were different, the world was different.

I don't expect them to be the same band that were in the 80s any more than I expect Paul McCartney to make another album like Band On the Run but McCartney III was a pretty good album and not some half-baked mid-tempo uncreative lazy output like The Fountain and Meteorites. If they are going to put out albums like that why bother? No one is buying them, they don't get airplay, they don't play the songs live, and the existence of them just waters down their legacy. It's just all so disappointing.
Mr. Brian
Site Admin
Site Admin

Return to Echo & The Bunnymen