RSD Live In liverpool clear vinyl

General discussion about the band, live shows, its recordings or bootlegs, etc. You can buy, sell or trade here. You can even post eBay links. If it's about the Bunnymen, it goes here.

RSD Live In liverpool clear vinyl did you buy a copy

yes
20%
no
80%

Total votes : 10

Re: RSD Live In liverpool clear vinyl

Postby The Monro » Fri Aug 13, 2021 10:29 am

Voodoo Billy wrote:
The Monro wrote:Flowers and Siberia are getting limited edition coloured vinyl releases in October:

http://www.recordstore.co.uk/search.html?term=Bunnymen

Which bellend thought it was a good idea to stretch these albums over four sides of vinyl? You'd have to get up off your arse four times to listen to a whole album. Going back to two sides of vinyl is more than enough exercise now that we've become used to cds. I'm 52 for fuck's sakes.

Flowers is still a single LP while Siberia is expanded to 2. The marketing speak for this is so that there is better spacing between the grooves which produces better sonic results. It’s just bollocks to justify hiking the price up. I’ve got various 2LP versions of albums that were originally single LPs and I can’t honestly say any of them sound better than the originals.
The Monro

Postby TenNewPence » Thu Aug 19, 2021 5:57 am

Flowers & Siberia now available for Pre-Order on Amazon.co.uk Just saying if anyone interested
TenNewPence

Postby The Monro » Wed Feb 16, 2022 2:33 pm

B-Sides and Live (2001 - 2005) 2LP set for this year’s RSD, April 23rd.
The Monro

Postby King Of Kings » Wed Feb 16, 2022 3:12 pm

"Marble Towers" (Bonus track from Japanese version of Flowers) – 4.05
"Scratch the Past" (Bonus track from Japanese version of Flowers) – 4.09
"Rescue" (Mindwinder's Remix) – 6.33
"A Promise" (Lo Fi Lullabye #1) – 5.16
"Supermellow Man" (Instrumental) – 5.34
"Ticket to Ride" 3.21
"What If We Are" (Vocal & String Version) – 5.09
"Stormy Weather" (Instrumental Version) – 4.31
"Make Me Shine" (Acoustic) – 3.12
"Nothing Lasts Forever" (Acoustic, Brazil) – 4.10
"In the Margins" (Instrumental) – 5.39
"Villiers Terrace" (Live) – 5.28
"In the Margins" (Live at Reading Festival 2005) – 4.56
"Nothing Lasts Forever" (Live at Reading Festival 2005) – 5.57
"Killing Moon" (Live at Reading Festival 2005) – 4.44
"Lips Like Sugar" (Live at Reading Festival 2005) – 4.30
King Of Kings

Postby fat cherry » Wed Feb 16, 2022 5:00 pm

Marble towers and scratch the past are b sides of something aren't they? Are these different versions?
fat cherry
Über Fan
Über Fan

Postby crystal89 » Thu Feb 17, 2022 7:21 pm

Ok, so the whole thing is on Spotify, and here’s my take on it.

Aside from the live tracks, the fully electric ones, it’s not essential. Scratch the Past is pretty standard late 90s early 00’s Bunnymen dad rock, think Evergreen meets Altamont. Marble Towers who left the Phaser on? All the instrumentals are of no interest. The remix of Rescue and A Promise are pretty trippy, must be Will’s doing those. Ticket to Ride is average. The main highlight are the excellent Reading 05 tracks which I think include Villiers, but that may be from another show.

Perhaps they could have put Avalanche out on Vinyl, that would’ve been more interesting. Consistently they miss the chance to profit from the glory days and even the averagely successful first years of the comeback. Although if rumours are to be believed then the full Shine So Hard show is being remastered by the Sarge. All we’d need then would be A Crystal Day.
crystal89

Postby fat cherry » Thu Feb 17, 2022 7:53 pm

Pretty sure mindwinder remix of rescue appeared as a b side at some point, or an extra. As a not-much-of -fan of rescue anyway, I don't mind it. Also sure was first issued as a free download by the aforementioned sarge, and that the mind winder's aka is that bloke zodiac minndwarp.
None of its of much interest to me really. Most of the live stuffs a bit shite. I think there was a period just post reformation where some live stuff was pretty good, but you know - though I always liked (really, yes really) the newer version of lips, with ghc kerranging opening riff, before the main riff came in.
fat cherry
Über Fan
Über Fan

Postby The Monro » Fri Feb 18, 2022 3:42 am

Marble Towers, Scratch The Past and the Mindwinder remix of Rescue were on the CD singles of It’s Alright. Villiers Terrace is the live version from Reading 2005 and appeared on the Scissors In The Sand release.
The Monro

Postby fat cherry » Fri Feb 18, 2022 4:13 am

Brill, saved me wading through piles of stuff. Somehow missed scissors as a single, but presumably I had everything and/or got over my completion period and just started my moaning about everything period. Happy days.
fat cherry
Über Fan
Über Fan

Postby The Monro » Fri Feb 18, 2022 6:20 am

Ticket To Ride was included on the Make Me Shine release.
The Monro

Postby fat cherry » Fri Feb 18, 2022 10:32 am

wasn't it also on some mojo/uncut beatles covers compilation?
fat cherry
Über Fan
Über Fan

Postby The Monro » Fri Feb 18, 2022 10:44 am

Yes, it was on the Uncut magazine compilation 'Why Don’t We Do It In The Road?' from early 2000s.
The Monro

Postby Voodoo Billy » Sat Apr 23, 2022 8:47 am

The Monro wrote:B-Sides and Live (2001 - 2005) 2LP set for this year’s RSD, April 23rd.

Haven't been buying every single version of every re-release in recent times but decided to go for this one as it looks a nice 'new' release. Managed to get one on Ebay for £45 this morning which I thought was a pretty fair price considering the seller has to pay his/her own Ebay and PayPal fees from that and even my closest RSD shop would have been a 100 mile round trip at 4 in the morning which I really couldn't be arsed to do. Surely time to bin this Record Store Day bollocks once and for all. I mean, I'm all for a bit of scalping if someone's clever enough to get ahead of the game with releases from a particular band, but there are a shitload of these up on the internet today, many of which were up before the shops opened.
Purveyor of the 'semi-predictable one-liner (which) embodies the essence of the type of comedic crap we grew to love here. VB is a crazy fool'
Voodoo Billy
Über Fan
Über Fan

Postby The Monro » Sun Apr 24, 2022 5:55 am

I didn’t bother this time after getting up early last year and queueing only to find they’d sold out. There are still plenty of that release up for sale so I don’t think this one will be any different. I’ll wait until the shops are allowed to put their stock up for sale online next weekend and hopefully pick one up then.
The Monro

Previous

Return to Echo & The Bunnymen