RSD Live In liverpool clear vinyl

General discussion about the band, live shows, its recordings or bootlegs, etc. You can buy, sell or trade here. You can even post eBay links. If it's about the Bunnymen, it goes here.

RSD Live In liverpool clear vinyl did you buy a copy

yes
20%
no
80%

Total votes : 10

RSD Live In liverpool clear vinyl

Postby King Of Kings » Tue Jun 15, 2021 5:43 am

Did you buy a copy

I never
King Of Kings

Re: RSD Live In liverpool clear vinyl

Postby gomper » Tue Jun 15, 2021 6:01 am

No me neither. I'd be chuffed to see a release of either the Crystal Day or 83 Albert Hall gigs. I wonder if there's copyright reasons stopping them releasing those
gomper
Just Tuned In
Just Tuned In

Postby The Monro » Tue Jun 15, 2021 8:12 am

Mine is on its way and should be here on Thursday. I was surprised at how sought after this release was with many shops selling out almost straight away. Another vote here for the complete Crystal Day performance - that’s my most wanted live show. I used to have it on 2 cassettes but haven’t seen them for years (not that I’ve got anything to play them on) so if anyone can point me in the direction of an MP3 source…..
The Monro

Postby Voodoo Billy » Tue Jun 15, 2021 4:23 pm

No KoK, I think I may finally have grown up. I think my blue Ocean Rain, white Porcupine, blue HUH and red and orange Crocs and clear Grey Album are worth a few bob nowadays. Looked at the prices over the weekend and the Ebay flippers were at it straight away on the live one, starting to think this RSD thing is a load of wobbly old bollocks.
Purveyor of the 'semi-predictable one-liner (which) embodies the essence of the type of comedic crap we grew to love here. VB is a crazy fool'
Voodoo Billy
Über Fan
Über Fan

Postby The Monro » Wed Jun 16, 2021 6:03 am

A record shop in Peterborough is asking £160 for it - more than 5 times what I paid for mine.
The Monro

Postby Voodoo Billy » Wed Jun 16, 2021 2:27 pm

The Monro wrote:A record shop in Peterborough is asking £160 for it - more than 5 times what I paid for mine.

Nuts isn't it. This RSD thing's surely had it's day. It was hailed as a means by which to help record shops but it looks like some of the shops themselves are taking the piss. It's interesting to look at the items sold on Ebay and one seller appears to have sold 11 copies for a total of £577, very nice. I'd assume that it's either a record shop taking liberties by doubling the selling price or someone has a very understanding local shop allowing them to buy 11+ copies of the same item.
Purveyor of the 'semi-predictable one-liner (which) embodies the essence of the type of comedic crap we grew to love here. VB is a crazy fool'
Voodoo Billy
Über Fan
Über Fan

Postby fat cherry » Wed Jun 16, 2021 3:01 pm

Voodoo Billy wrote:No KoK, I think I may finally have grown up. I think my blue Ocean Rain, white Porcupine, blue HUH and red and orange Crocs and clear Grey Album are worth a few bob nowadays. Looked at the prices over the weekend and the Ebay fl....... .

Funny, not having bought any music for ages I do keep having an urge for pretty vinyl. Maybe it was my pleasure at that New Order set last year. So did think about these albums but guess I've missed the boat. They can big off for those prices.
fat cherry
Über Fan
Über Fan

Postby The Monro » Wed Jun 16, 2021 3:31 pm

Voodoo Billy wrote:
The Monro wrote:A record shop in Peterborough is asking £160 for it - more than 5 times what I paid for mine.

Nuts isn't it. This RSD thing's surely had it's day. It was hailed as a means by which to help record shops but it looks like some of the shops themselves are taking the piss. It's interesting to look at the items sold on Ebay and one seller appears to have sold 11 copies for a total of £577, very nice. I'd assume that it's either a record shop taking liberties by doubling the selling price or someone has a very understanding local shop allowing them to buy 11+ copies of the same item.

Yes, a few years ago a seller on eBay had multiple copies of a Bowie release I was after on RSD. Their history didn’t suggest that they were a bricks and mortar record shop so how does that work? A couple of years ago a record shop was selling a Beatles RSD 7” single for £49 on the day. That really is taking the piss.
I queued up on Saturday morning (for an hour, anyway) for the Live In Liverpool set but didn’t get one. I wasn’t overly bothered as I was able to get a couple of other things I was interested in (and which I thought would be harder to come by than LIL) but I was reasonably confident I’d be able to get it online and at a decent price and so it proved.
The Monro

Postby King Of Kings » Thu Jun 17, 2021 3:36 am

just a money making scam now

https://www.ebay.co.uk/sch/i.html?_from ... l&_sacat=0

NO THANKS
King Of Kings

Postby Voodoo Billy » Thu Jun 17, 2021 5:03 am

King Of Kings wrote:just a money making scam now

https://www.ebay.co.uk/sch/i.html?_from ... l&_sacat=0

NO THANKS

You're right KoK, I think the recommended price was £24.99, they're starting to find their level now though, prices dropping from what they were over the weekend.
Voodoo Billy
Über Fan
Über Fan

Postby The Monro » Fri Jul 02, 2021 5:27 am

There’s a new/sealed copy on eBay right now with a buy it now of £29:19:

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/334061856302?
The Monro

Postby The Monro » Thu Aug 12, 2021 8:13 am

Flowers and Siberia are getting limited edition coloured vinyl releases in October:

http://www.recordstore.co.uk/search.html?term=Bunnymen
The Monro

Postby fat cherry » Thu Aug 12, 2021 9:16 am

Just seen that

https://www.roughtrade.com/gb/echo-and- ... en/siberia

Siberia on clear vinyl. Just saying.
though with KOKs opinions ringing in my ears do I want to fork out 30 each, or near enough for latter day albums I never play much? Having said that, just had avalanche on.
fat cherry
Über Fan
Über Fan

Postby Voodoo Billy » Thu Aug 12, 2021 10:25 am

The Monro wrote:Flowers and Siberia are getting limited edition coloured vinyl releases in October:

http://www.recordstore.co.uk/search.html?term=Bunnymen

Which bellend thought it was a good idea to stretch these albums over four sides of vinyl? You'd have to get up off your arse four times to listen to a whole album. Going back to two sides of vinyl is more than enough exercise now that we've become used to cds. I'm 52 for fuck's sakes.
Voodoo Billy
Über Fan
Über Fan

Postby TenNewPence » Thu Aug 12, 2021 10:56 am

fat cherry wrote:Just seen that

https://www.roughtrade.com/gb/echo-and- ... en/siberia

Siberia on clear vinyl. Just saying.
though with KOKs opinions ringing in my ears do I want to fork out 30 each, or near enough for latter day albums I never play much? Having said that, just had avalanche on.

Avalanche gets a run out in this house along with Siberia the first side of Flowers and bits of The Fountain (never Proxy) and Constantinople off the last one. Tempted to get Siberia but still peeved as I pre ordered a Japanese import with extra tracks which never arrived.

Currently playing the first four albums against the 2nd to 5th Talking Heads albums. I started off a first Aztec Camera High Land Hard Rain and last Neil Young One The Beach and working backwards and forwards and meet somewhere in the middle of my vinyl collection which may be New Orders Low Life.

It's giving a 63 year old a lot of exercise along with walking the dog.

See what you have done Mr FC got me babbling :biggrin:
TenNewPence

Next

Return to Echo & The Bunnymen