A slap on the wrist for saying 'What a load of Crap'

General discussion about the band, live shows, its recordings or bootlegs, etc. You can buy, sell or trade here. You can even post eBay links. If it's about the Bunnymen, it goes here.

A slap on the wrist for saying 'What a load of Crap'

Postby King Of Kings » Wed Mar 12, 2008 3:27 pm

Just got a polite telling off for saying "What a load of Crap"

Re my post about the new Bunnymen compliation "Works "

Are these managers doing? - they are allienating there fan base

We are the fans, and sadly the bunnys are not really at this stage going to capture any new markets.

Yet for some strange reason the management seem to be on a self distruct mission

What good did the festivals do them last year?

Did all the young bucks and does run to nearest record shop and ask for all the back catalouge or even the latest album or even the best of.

NO THEY DID NOT

We are the fans yet they seem to ignore us.

No simple tours, boring setlists, Mac throwing strops, No new material, Compliation after Compliation, No engament with us.

Its getting to point where I will say sod yer and call it a day, I've done it to other "heroes of mine"

Life is too short to waste on being paitent with the bunnys

The truth is I got back into the bunnys as form of retail therapy when I got divorced which sort of coinsided with there reformation (1997).

Life has moved on and there are new targets and goals to aspire to, not mention new wife, kids and even grandkids (and I'm only 44)

I have lived without them before and will do again.

It sadens me however that they have so much potential and are so underated by the mass media, but as ever they don't do them selves any favors. As for fame and fortune if we are honest we all want it and so do they.

I really thought they were gonna do it but I think they have had there day and there second chance.

I will bet you anything you like there will be the RAH gig, the new Ablum follwed by a Fairwell xmas gig and the bunnys will be no more except a fond memory.

I'm no record promoter, but I do know business and how to make a buck both oficcialy and on the black market. The rules are the same you must keep the demand and satisfy your customer. Failure to do so by what ever means will be at you expense.

Now I know This site is monitored, (By the other side) they told me when they told me off for somthing I posted Here- Re rolling stones, Which by the way they claim is false

What the fuck, the RAH is there last chance before I put up my entire collection up on ebay a a single lot bargan.

Rant over, sorry for any bad grammer
King Of Kings

Postby Fish Hook Girl » Wed Mar 12, 2008 4:13 pm

I'm sorry you were rebuked. but at least you're not this lady:

Sheriff: Woman sat on toilet for 2 years

Associated Press Writer / March 12, 2008
WICHITA, Kan.—Authorities are considering charges in the bizarre case of a woman who sat on her boyfriend's toilet for two years -- so long that her body was stuck to the seat by the time the boyfriend finally called police.

more stories like thisNess County Sheriff Bryan Whipple said it appeared the 35-year-old Ness City woman's skin had grown around the seat. She initially refused emergency medical services but was finally convinced by responders and her boyfriend that she needed to be checked out at a hospital.

"We pried the toilet seat off with a pry bar and the seat went with her to the hospital," Whipple said. "The hospital removed it."

Whipple said investigators planned to present their report Wednesday to the county attorney, who will determine whether any charges should be filed against the woman's 36-year-old boyfriend.

"She was not glued. She was not tied. She was just physically stuck by her body," Whipple said. "It is hard to imagine. ... I still have a hard time imagining it myself."

He told investigators he brought his girlfriend food and water, and asked her every day to come out of the bathroom.

"And her reply would be, `Maybe tomorrow,'" Whipple said. "According to him, she did not want to leave the bathroom."

The boyfriend called police on Feb. 27 to report that "there was something wrong with his girlfriend," Whipple said, adding that he never explained why it took him two years to call.

Police found the clothed woman sitting on the toilet, her sweat pants down to her mid-thigh. She was "somewhat disoriented," and her legs looked like they had atrophied, Whipple said.

"She said that she didn't need any help, that she was OK and did not want to leave," he said.

She was reported in fair condition at a hospital in Wichita, about 150 miles southeast of Ness City. Whipple said she has refused to cooperate with medical providers or law enforcement investigators.

Authorities said they did not know if she was mentally or physically disabled.

Police have declined to release the couple's names, but the house where authorities say the incident happened is listed in public records as the residence of Kory McFarren. No one answered his home phone number.

The case has been the buzz of Ness City, said James Ellis, a neighbor.

"I don't think anybody can make any sense out of it," he said.

Ellis said he had known the woman since she was a child but that he had not seen her for at least six years.

He said she had a tough childhood after her mother died at a young age and apparently was usually kept inside the house as she grew up. At one time the woman worked for a long-term care facility, he said, but he did not know what kind of work she did there.

"It really doesn't surprise me," Ellis said. "What surprises me is somebody wasn't called in a bit earlier."

© Copyright 2008 Associated Press. All rights reserved. This material
Fish Hook Girl

Postby kook » Wed Mar 12, 2008 4:31 pm

And this is all apropos of...? :rolleyes:
Every word is like an unnecessary stain on silence and nothingness.
kook
Über Fan
Über Fan

Re: A slap on the wrist for saying "What a load of Crap

Postby tonywojo » Wed Mar 12, 2008 4:32 pm

[quote="King Of Kings"]Just got a polite telling off for saying "What a load of Crap"

I will bet you anything you like there will be the RAH gig, the new Ablum follwed by a Fairwell xmas gig and the bunnys will be no more except a fond memory.

I'm no record promoter, but I do know business and how to make a buck both oficcialy and on the black market. The rules are the same you must keep the demand and satisfy your customer. Failure to do so by what ever means will be at you expense.

Agree with second statement but not an expert on record business.

Don't agree with the first statement - they will go grey first, greyer than most of the album covers.

I predict 2010 for the split - eg possibly another studio album after the new one.

Festivals suck but I can understand the reason for them.
tonywojo
Über Fan
Über Fan

Postby guitarplayer on here too » Wed Mar 12, 2008 5:14 pm

They will have to release more than one album if signed to a new label, there will be contractual agreements. Unless the album bombs, during a period when Warners' profits take a further nose dive and the record label has to start getting rid of less profitable bands. 2010 probably sounds more realistic. Hope so. I know it's all no age discrimination and all that these days, but much longer after that and it'd be getting closer to Echo & The Zimmerframes.
guitarplayer on here too

Postby insanejane » Wed Mar 12, 2008 5:46 pm

To KOK: Were you told by way of a pm? They have no right to slam you for anything you said on this forum :confused:

To FHG: I hope those guys in Kansas had another bathroom! Funny, I just read that an illegal Mexican immigrant in Arkansas was chained to a toilet in a 9X9 cell for 4 days and forgotten about. She was arrested for pirating CDs. She had to drink her own urine.
insanejane

Postby fat cherry » Wed Mar 12, 2008 6:20 pm

guitarplayer on here too wrote:They will have to release more than one album if signed to a new label, there will be contractual agreements.

well you're right in principle but the world is strewn (strewn I say) with bands whose albums have never sen the light of day - and yet are still under contract. There's that article floating around by, is it steve albini, who goes into all that stuff.
C.
fat cherry
Über Fan
Über Fan

Postby guitarplayer on here too » Wed Mar 12, 2008 8:07 pm

You mean the article "The Problem With Music". Yeah, but I was making the point theoretically that a band that aren't making enough money for a label might be dropped at the same time that a company's profits are continuing to tumble, which has happened recently to the likes of Warners and EMI. At the moment, these labels have answered these problems by getting rid of staff (or in EMI's case it was telling your artists' to work harder or piss off), but if it continues then it could be poor selling bands next. And yes bands can remain under contract when an album bombs, or without recording anything for a while, but on the major labels it generally tends to be when they have released a bit more than one album, so at some point money has been made, and there is always the potential to record again.

Obviously, the Bunnymen might be an odd example, given that the connections that they had with Warners before and they do have a back catalogue, but I still doubt any contract would have wanted one new album in 2008, while Warners churns out more repackaged "Best of" albums or 1980s remasters with new sleeve notes and bonus out-takes of The Cutter until the band decide to call it a day. The time it has taken to write, record and especially produce the new album suggests that Warners have bigger hopes for the Bunnymen. If they wanted to make money just from more re-releases, they didn't need to sign them. I'll hold out though on guessing whether it will pay off.
guitarplayer on here too

Postby JackT » Wed Mar 12, 2008 8:12 pm

Also, let's not forget that I am CLAMORING for multiple new albums.
"He was a mongoose, rather like a little cat in his fur and his tail, but quite like a weasel in his head and his habits."
JackT
Über Fan
Über Fan

Postby guitarplayer on here too » Wed Mar 12, 2008 8:18 pm

Eh JackT, what do you mean "clamoring" for new albums?
guitarplayer on here too

Postby blinkilite » Wed Mar 12, 2008 9:09 pm

sorry to hear that king of kings... i know they have their rules over there... but i am all for some honest criticism. ok, so maybe really large type saying WHAT A LOAD OF CRAP was a bit overdoing it, but you DID have a point. :lol:

if the band/mgmt doesn't have control over these multiple releases... either way it will come out, and they have every right to promote it. i agree with whoever was over on the other forum saying we (the die hard fans) aren't the target audience for that. which is true, but we haven't had any new releases. no real tour since summer of 2006. the promise of a new release for over a year now, and we still know nothing, no title, no inside info... nothing except that it might be released around the time of RAH and we know two possible new songs (which they played at the liverpool shows).

i guess i am just antsy for something new and i am impatient for having to wait so long. and it would be nice to hear some real NEWS from the official site too... maybe give us some insider info from the studio, or give a heads up if they plan on touring at all this year. ANYTHING. (and festivals don't count).

Jack - keep on CLAMORING. maybe we'll get something someday :lol:
not just another drop in the ocean
blinkilite

Postby guitarplayer on here too » Thu Mar 13, 2008 6:15 am

I eat my my words. The masterplan includes the remasters again for Japan:

Porcupine re-release for the Japanese

Ocean Rain gets re-release for Japan

Switzerland "Punk & Rock" compilation

Sell em' to the Swiss
guitarplayer on here too

Postby Dr Cheese » Thu Mar 13, 2008 1:16 pm

blinkilite wrote:and we still know nothing, no title, no inside info... nothing except ... two possible new songs (which they played at the liverpool shows).

We know those two songs sounded a bit ropey, does that count?
Dr Cheese
Über Fan
Über Fan

Postby guitarplayer on here too » Thu Mar 13, 2008 2:21 pm

Perhaps that's the title of the new album "Ropey" or "Jingly jangly pop songs (+ two ballads)".
guitarplayer on here too

Postby withahip » Thu Mar 13, 2008 2:37 pm

Wow. I am old. My fav band is regurgitating old songs on new releases. I used to dis the Stones for doing this.

It isn't _that_ hard to throw together a few repetitive bass lines over some drums loops and add a cool guitar riff and a few catchy phrases. How lazy can Mac be?
withahip
Über Fan
Über Fan

Next

Return to Echo & The Bunnymen