Will Sergeant BOOK oUT jULY 2021

General discussion about the band, live shows, its recordings or bootlegs, etc. You can buy, sell or trade here. You can even post eBay links. If it's about the Bunnymen, it goes here.

Will Sergeant BOOK oUT jULY 2021

Postby King Of Kings » Tue Mar 30, 2021 2:58 pm

King Of Kings

Re: Will Sergeant BOOK oUT jULY 2021

Postby crystal89 » Wed Mar 31, 2021 6:21 am

Questions that may occur

Will Will kill off the Bunnymen?

Will Mac respond? Didn’t he have an autobiography/memoir in the works a few years ago?

Is this a last ditch ploy to salvage some control back from McCulloch and go out on a high?

Interesting to see it’s being promoted by the Admin on all social media platforms, they must be aware that it will have lots of critical things to say about the last 20 years in particular. Are they fed up of the Monopoly?
crystal89

Postby King Of Kings » Wed Mar 31, 2021 8:01 am

it only covers his child hood up to the formation of the bunnymen and signingto a major label

part two to follow
King Of Kings

Postby fat cherry » Wed Mar 31, 2021 11:10 am

crystal89 wrote:Questions that may occur

Will Will kill off the Bunnymen?

Will Will Kill Off is the name of my new band. Thanks crystal. Otherwise I think the boat has sailed on this question.

crystal89 wrote:Will Mac respond? Didn’t he have an autobiography/memoir in the works a few years ago?

He did, but its been a while. Having just read Steve Morris's book, closely followed by side-by-side readings of Hooky's and Bernard's books, I would look forward to this if it did happen. Though you know, it might just kill kill kill off my interest. Not that that has happened with New Order and I really must get hooky's second book and steve's first to finish the set. So maybe I'm talking out of my arse again (hooky ctually uses that phrase in his book). I'd look forwad more to mac writing some decent songs. Come on Macster get your arse into gear.

crystal89 wrote:Is this a last ditch ploy to salvage some control back from McCulloch and go out on a high?

Not sure Mac gives a hoot does he? Not that I'd know, not seen him around these parts lately.
fat cherry
Über Fan
Über Fan

Postby The Monro » Wed Mar 31, 2021 4:04 pm

Signed copies available at the Rough Trade site:

http://www.roughtrade.com/gb/will-sergeant/bunnyman
The Monro

Postby Stuart » Wed Mar 31, 2021 7:45 pm

The Monro wrote:Signed copies available at the Rough Trade site:

http://www.roughtrade.com/gb/will-sergeant/bunnyman

I preordered a signed copy of Morris's book last year from Rough Trade and the copy that arrived was not signed.
It wouldn't work if Mac was a slaphead would it.
Stuart

Postby The Monro » Thu Apr 01, 2021 2:28 am

I must admit, I’m a bit wary of it - I’ve ordered one but nowhere on the order confirmation or the receipt does it say it’s signed.
The Monro

Postby fat cherry » Thu Apr 01, 2021 3:47 am

The Monro wrote:I must admit, I’m a bit wary of it - I’ve ordered one but nowhere on the order confirmation or the receipt does it say it’s signed.

content-wise or whether it has a wobbly horizontal line across the front with a squiggle at the start that may or may not be a W? I'm aways wary a bit because you know, you could be disappointed with what is a close encounter. I have several squiggles of his and don't need any more.
fat cherry
Über Fan
Über Fan

Postby Stars Are Stars » Fri Apr 02, 2021 8:46 pm

“My boots still muddy with a bad attitude, I head into the winter of discontent to become a post-punk trailblazer worshipped all over the world as a god. Well? An inventive and influential guitarist of some note at the very least.”

Don’t you have to be recognized first to be a “trailblazer worshipped all over the world as a god”? It doesn’t seem like he wrote that intro. He used to be quite humble which was a pretty cool trait.
Stars Are Stars

Postby Stuart » Sat Apr 03, 2021 8:20 am

Stars Are Stars wrote:“My boots still muddy with a bad attitude, I head into the winter of discontent to become a post-punk trailblazer worshipped all over the world as a god. Well? An inventive and influential guitarist of some note at the very least.”

Don’t you have to be recognized first to be a “trailblazer worshipped all over the world as a god”? It doesn’t seem like he wrote that intro. He used to be quite humble which was a pretty cool trait.

Great , a book ghost written by someone who ain't got a clue.
It wouldn't work if Mac was a slaphead would it.
Stuart

Postby fat cherry » Sat Apr 03, 2021 9:01 am

So Starsy, did you get out of bed on the grumpy side this morning? Or just not a fan of El Sarge? :-)
Isn't it co-written/ghosted, possibly, by that dr lady who has a PhD in joy division? Oo, slips my mind, something double barrelled with big glasses.
fat cherry
Über Fan
Über Fan

Postby fat cherry » Sat Apr 03, 2021 10:04 am

fat cherry
Über Fan
Über Fan

Postby Voodoo Billy » Sat Apr 03, 2021 1:04 pm

fat cherry wrote:something double barrelled with big glasses.

FC, the internet is officially yours my friend. :lol: :lol:
Purveyor of the 'semi-predictable one-liner (which) embodies the essence of the type of comedic crap we grew to love here. VB is a crazy fool'
Voodoo Billy
Über Fan
Über Fan

Postby Stars Are Stars » Sun Apr 04, 2021 6:37 am

fat cherry wrote:So Starsy, did you get out of bed on the grumpy side this morning? Or just not a fan of El Sarge? :-)
Isn't it co-written/ghosted, possibly, by that dr lady who has a PhD in joy division? Oo, slips my mind, something double barrelled with big glasses.

What Stuart said above ^^. Didn’t anyone else pick up on that? Sgt Fuzz is usually pretty humble in interviews so that intro sounds odd. I sent the book link to my Mrs thinking it would make a nice Christmas present and couldn’t understand why she kept rolling her eyes when she was reading it then I saw it too.

Just read the other thread and the intro now makes sense if she writes about Britney Spears and other pop junk. Is she the one who looks like Grayson Perry?
Stars Are Stars

Postby fat cherry » Sun Apr 04, 2021 8:34 am

Nope, hadn't read any extracts, dunno how I missed em. But youre right, doesn't

sound like his voice. Apparently Roger Daltrey rewrote his book because he thought the ghosted version didn't sound like he thought it should.
fat cherry
Über Fan
Über Fan

Next

Return to Echo & The Bunnymen