Will Sergeant BOOK oUT jULY 2021

General discussion about the band, live shows, its recordings or bootlegs, etc. You can buy, sell or trade here. You can even post eBay links. If it's about the Bunnymen, it goes here.

Re: Will Sergeant BOOK oUT jULY 2021

Postby fat cherry » Sun Apr 04, 2021 8:48 am

Bollocks, just edited that and after a v long essay computer said no. Luckily I copied it......, lol...., paste

Nope, hadn't read any extracts, dunno how I missed em. But youre right, doesn't sound like his voice. Apparently Roger Daltrey rewrote his book because he thought the ghosted version didn't sound like he thought it should.

My worry would be that most biographies are kind of dull up to the point they form a band, which sounds like most of this one. Exceptions being barney's and Hooky's, both are well written for a start, especially hooky who is much more a raconteur but they both had kind of unusual childhoods. Costello's is dreadful in that respect. Maybe his editor was too scared to suggest lopping all the dull stuff.
Obviously I won't be able to resist buying it. I still think there's room for a definitive bunnies book, all the ones so far seem incomplete, even for the time span they cover.
fat cherry
Über Fan
Über Fan

Postby fat cherry » Sun Apr 04, 2021 8:51 am

Voodoo Billy wrote:
fat cherry wrote:something double barrelled with big glasses.

FC, the internet is officially yours my friend. :lol: :lol:

Thanks, unfortunately Mrs Fc glanced over my shoulder just as I was googling that very phrase and has curtailed all my Internet rights, and some others, for the foreseeable future.
fat cherry
Über Fan
Über Fan

Postby Stars Are Stars » Sun Apr 04, 2021 12:43 pm

fat cherry wrote:Bollocks, just edited that and after a v long essay computer said no. Luckily I copied it......, lol...., paste

Nope, hadn't read any extracts, dunno how I missed em. But youre right, doesn't sound like his voice. Apparently Roger Daltrey rewrote his book because he thought the ghosted version didn't sound like he thought it should.

My worry would be that most biographies are kind of dull up to the point they form a band, which sounds like most of this one. Exceptions being barney's and Hooky's, both are well written for a start, especially hooky who is much more a raconteur but they both had kind of unusual childhoods. Costello's is dreadful in that respect. Maybe his editor was too scared to suggest lopping all the dull stuff.
Obviously I won't be able to resist buying it. I still think there's room for a definitive bunnies book, all the ones so far seem incomplete, even for the time span they cover.

I thought Sarge wrote really well for the album liner notes from a little while ago. I think I’ll wait to see the reviews first (at least the ones from here). It sounds really cheesy so far so let’s see if we can judge a book by its cover, or liner notes at least. It’s doesn’t need that horrible poppy journalism. Just write the book. Or is it a series? Thought that was a bit strange too. Perhaps he’s trying to compete with Harry Potter. :biggrin: At least we know when the collection will stop.

The author looks double barreled all over. Wouldn’t want to meet her in a dark alley.
Stars Are Stars

Postby Stars Are Stars » Sun Apr 04, 2021 12:50 pm

crystal89 wrote:Questions that may occur

Will Will kill off the Bunnymen?

Will Mac respond? Didn’t he have an autobiography/memoir in the works a few years ago?

Is this a last ditch ploy to salvage some control back from McCulloch and go out on a high?

Interesting to see it’s being promoted by the Admin on all social media platforms, they must be aware that it will have lots of critical things to say about the last 20 years in particular. Are they fed up of the Monopoly?

Looks like it’s the only thing for sale since Ian’s lyrical moon pic sold out. They’re trying to keep it current.

I’d guess Ian doesn’t even care about the book. It’s not really relevant in the grand scheme of things. Seems like if Ian says he doesn’t want to tour, they don’t tour. If he says he doesn’t want to do an album, they don’t do an album. Hard to get control back from that.
Stars Are Stars

Postby fat cherry » Thu Apr 15, 2021 2:52 pm

Will Mac respond? Didn’t he have an autobiography/memoir in the works a few years ago??

The reason he stopped?
https://www.nme.com/news/music/mick-jag ... ng-2920501
fat cherry
Über Fan
Über Fan

Postby candelabro » Mon May 17, 2021 4:20 pm

Will Mac respond? Didn’t he have an autobiography/memoir in the works a few years ago?

Julian Cope got it right in 2008:
Okay, there ends this month’s reviews section and now, after having written so positively about all the great contemporary crop of rock’n’roll artists, I’m sorry to have to turn negative at the final furlong. However, as an Odinist warrior poet motherfucker, I ain’t never claimed to be any of that la-di-da peace/love/dove Zen shitola, so I gots to tell y’all that when I heard the other day that the Bunnymen’s Ian McCulloch is writing his autobiography, I nearly shat my undies laughing so hard (good job I don’t wear any!); Ian Mac write a book? A man for whom completing a single song on his own is a struggle of Everest the Hard Way proportions is hardly going to write a book. Ian, I’m speechless at your continued arrogance in the face of no evidence whatsoever. In my opinion, you’ve been a dried-up shell of a husk of a man since just after OCEAN RAIN, so don’t embarrass us all with your ludicrous claims that you’re gonna write an autobiography. Two words… No Way. Writing a book involves discipline and hard work, two things you never nailed in the past and never will. As I heard it, you even said in the press that your book will be better than the Bible. Well, in two ways it may well be like the Bible: 1) it’ll be full of half-truths and outright lies, and 2) it’ll have been written by umpteen uncredited writers and you’ll name yourself solely as its author. There you go, dummkopf, I just handed you the map: don’t even bother buying yourself a pen, son; just do what you’ve always done throughout your career; get someone else to do most of the work then claim all the credit yourself. I even have a title already: MAC USER. And with that, I shall sweep off into the Beltane sunset. Yowzah!
candelabro

Postby fat cherry » Tue May 18, 2021 3:47 am

Copey not a fan shocker. I think I said at the time that until he wrote his first book we might have said the same about him pretty much. Though history is obviously on his side here. But still so bitter after all this time, phew, thought I could bear a grudge.......
fat cherry
Über Fan
Über Fan

Postby King Of Kings » Tue May 18, 2021 2:48 pm

Go and have a chat to WILL and get your book signed

https://dice.fm/event/dwelo-will-sergea ... 0312776757
King Of Kings

Postby fat cherry » Wed May 19, 2021 3:46 am

If I was in that big London I might go, and brick lanes all trendy these days isn't it. But I'm 250 miles away and being well into my 7th decade starting to consider fanboying a little undignified......
fat cherry
Über Fan
Über Fan

Postby King Of Kings » Wed May 19, 2021 4:56 am

Not going either.

Really dont have the inclination or desire these days.

My youth has escaped me
King Of Kings

Postby Voodoo Billy » Wed May 19, 2021 1:19 pm

King Of Kings wrote:My youth has escaped me

Should have used more gaffer tape, and put a better lock on the cellar door. :wink:
Purveyor of the 'semi-predictable one-liner (which) embodies the essence of the type of comedic crap we grew to love here. VB is a crazy fool'
Voodoo Billy
Über Fan
Über Fan

Postby King Of Kings » Wed May 19, 2021 2:08 pm

So many feelings
Pent up in here
Left all alone, I'm with
The one I most fear
I'm sick and I'm tired
Of reasoning
Just want to break out
Shake off this skin

I, I can't
Escape myself

All my problems
Loom larger than life
I can't swallow
Another slice
Seems like my shadow
Mocks every stride
Can I learn to live with
What's trapped inside?

I, I can't
Escape myself

So many feelings
Pent up in here
Left all alone, I'm with
The one I most fear
I'm sick and I'm tired
Of reasoning
Just wanna break out
Shake off this skin

I, I can't
Escape myself
King Of Kings

Postby MightyWhyte » Thu May 20, 2021 6:16 am

Voodoo Billy wrote:

Should have used more gaffer tape, and put a better lock on the cellar door. :wink:

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
BunnyGod Pin needed :sad:
MightyWhyte

Postby fat cherry » Thu May 20, 2021 6:22 am

Voodoo Billy wrote:

The Boy George technique I believe. Nice one.
fat cherry
Über Fan
Über Fan

Postby TenNewPence » Tue May 25, 2021 10:52 am

fat cherry wrote:

Will Mac respond? Didn’t he have an autobiography/memoir in the works a few years ago??

The reason he stopped?
https://www.nme.com/news/music/mick-jag ... ng-2920501

If Mac can't be bothered can Chris Adams provide an update on his book ? Would like like to see what has happened after Flowers
TenNewPence

PreviousNext

Return to Echo & The Bunnymen