2022 Tour

General discussion about the band, live shows, its recordings or bootlegs, etc. You can buy, sell or trade here. You can even post eBay links. If it's about the Bunnymen, it goes here.

Re: 2022 Tour

Postby Dave Smith » Sun Mar 06, 2022 6:56 am

Well I live in Sweden and as you know being a sad obsessive fly over to see them .Caught two great shows last week Manc and Brum.

So after moving here in 2012 finally they were booked to come to Stockholm .Really don't understand the covid thing .All of the Nordics is totally unrestricted now
I'm seeing Fontaines in two weeks 5 days before the bunnymen date .
Odd .
Dave Smith
Über Fan
Über Fan

Postby allthatjazz » Sun Mar 06, 2022 11:55 am

Dave Smith wrote:Well I live in Sweden and as you know being a sad obsessive fly over to see them .Caught two great shows last week Manc and Brum.

So after moving here in 2012 finally they were booked to come to Stockholm .Really don't understand the covid thing .All of the Nordics is totally unrestricted now
Odd .

Truly puzzling. Going to see Fontaines D.C. in April...First concert since Covid...I'm a bit anxious, though I hear it's like riding a bike.
allthatjazz

Postby Dave Smith » Sun Mar 06, 2022 1:04 pm

Was weird at first then back to normal lol
Fontaines playing 900 capacity here in Stockholm.Cant wait!
Dave Smith
Über Fan
Über Fan

Postby all_my_colours » Sun Mar 06, 2022 9:51 pm

Dave Smith wrote:Well I live in Sweden and as you know being a sad obsessive fly over to see them .Caught two great shows last week Manc and Brum.

Odd .

I never went farther than London to see them. They’re too unpredictable and didn’t want to waste time and £££. I think maybe with a country or two, they may still require a negative covid test or proof of vaccination. That’s what lead me to think they’re restricting themselves, it’s not about covid. Think they had to say that to save face.
all_my_colours
Just Tuned In
Just Tuned In

Postby fat cherry » Mon Mar 07, 2022 6:49 am

Oo fontaines dc, my new favourite band, lol. Haven't bought anything 'new' for years but picked up heroes death last week, great album. That and yard act who I kept reading about, which is OK but bordering on a bit half man half biscuit.
fat cherry
Über Fan
Über Fan

Postby fat cherry » Tue Mar 15, 2022 5:57 pm

https://www.instagram.com/p/CbIc_lcq5hL ... =copy_link

And picture by one mark e moon. He used to join us in the old days did he not?
fat cherry
Über Fan
Über Fan

Postby Voodoo Billy » Wed Mar 16, 2022 12:13 pm

fat cherry wrote:https://www.instagram.com/p/CbIc_lcq5hL/?utm_medium=copy_link

And picture by one mark e moon. He used to join us in the old days did he not?

Must have been stood next to me at the Phil, got almost the exact shot of Mac.
Purveyor of the 'semi-predictable one-liner (which) embodies the essence of the type of comedic crap we grew to love here. VB is a crazy fool'
Voodoo Billy
Über Fan
Über Fan

Postby cooliotowers » Tue Apr 05, 2022 5:12 am

Can anyone who's off to tonight's gig in Leeds access their mobile tickets, mine is showing as unavailable - not sure if it's trying to tell me something or it's just a technical glitch on the ticketmaster app ?
cooliotowers
Just Tuned In
Just Tuned In

Postby JMB1982 » Wed Apr 06, 2022 4:08 am

Thought it was a pretty decent performance last night in Leeds, same set as the rest of the tour with Ocean Rain as a second encore.

Couple of thoughts - stop the adlibbing in the middle of songs and stick another bunnymen song or two in the set instead. and where have all the singalongs come from? They must have dropped it the chorus down in 6 of the songs, got a bit boring to be honest. Other thought - WIll is looking very dapper these days.
JMB1982
Just Tuned In
Just Tuned In

Postby Voodoo Billy » Wed Apr 06, 2022 4:07 pm

JMB1982 wrote:Thought it was a pretty decent performance last night in Leeds, same set as the rest of the tour with Ocean Rain as a second encore.

Couple of thoughts - stop the adlibbing in the middle of songs and stick another bunnymen song or two in the set instead. and where have all the singalongs come from? They must have dropped it the chorus down in 6 of the songs, got a bit boring to be honest. Other thought - WIll is looking very dapper these days.

Totally agree on the adlibbing, it gets on my tits big time. Although I'm not 100% sure it's actually adlibbing, wouldn't be surprised if it was all pre-prepared. Did he do the towel kick as well? :rolleyes:
Purveyor of the 'semi-predictable one-liner (which) embodies the essence of the type of comedic crap we grew to love here. VB is a crazy fool'
Voodoo Billy
Über Fan
Über Fan

Postby all_my_colours2 » Fri Apr 08, 2022 8:10 am

JMB1982 wrote:Thought it was a pretty decent performance last night in Leeds, same set as the rest of the tour with Ocean Rain as a second encore.

Has anyone noticed how rough the vocals have been at the shows or in the clips? I know it’s something we don’t want to admit and have maybe just been happy bands are back at it but Ian’s singing is really off. It was like that at the Roundhouse gig. It seemed like that’s why there were a lot more singalongs and quite frankly, it felt like he needed help anyway.

The keyboards were too flowery and I think it was Lips that was extremely tough to get through for me. The notes were all over the place. Prefer the old keyboard player tbh.

On the dapper note, an old joke but … Ricky Tomlinson. My mates and I can’t unsee the resemblance now. Our Will has been replaced. I don’t know. The London show may have been our last. It seemed like a completely different band to what they were pre-covid days. I’d like to keep those memories nice. I thought it was just me, but that seemed to be the consensus from our lot who went.
all_my_colours2
Just Tuned In
Just Tuned In

Postby King Of Kings » Fri Apr 08, 2022 9:50 am

https://www.brightonandhovenews.org/202 ... uth-coast/

For me they sound like "pop" these days. Too rounded and polished for my liking

Lost even more intrest in them even in the live expierence.

Will go to local performances if the do any more, but no more traveling for me.

Mac looks ill TBH
King Of Kings

Postby all_my_colours2 » Fri Apr 08, 2022 9:49 pm

King Of Kings wrote:https://www.brightonandhovenews.org/2022/04/07/we-catch-some-ocean-rain-with-echo-the-bunnymen-on-the-south-coast/

For me they sound like "pop" these days. Too rounded and polished for my liking

Lost even more intrest in them even in the live expierence.

Will go to local performances if the do any more, but no more traveling for me.

Mac looks ill TBH

We felt the same as the interviewer. We wanted and tried to like the gig but it just wasn’t happening. The lighting thing sounds odd and it’s a shame to put the rest of the band in the shadows. It does look like Ian’s not doing well. Add on the off key singing and it’s a bad combo. Not putting them down, just being honest as well.

Maybe they were just going through the motions. Think they had been home for weeks after the last shows a while back. It wasn’t even that big of a tour, tbh.

Pop is a good description of their new sound. The other clips I heard didn’t even sound like them. Will is pretty vocal on Twitter with showing off his guitars but he didn’t even play them the same either. Just kept swapping them out for show. This has to be close to the end.
all_my_colours2
Just Tuned In
Just Tuned In

Postby fat cherry » Sat Apr 09, 2022 8:10 am

I kind of expect and enjoy the band in the Dark mac always moans when the lighting bloke blinds him with a spot. At Oxford on the cross huh tour the stage was so small once they got the ice machine going you couldn't see any of the band. Brilliant.
fat cherry
Über Fan
Über Fan

Postby all_my_colours2 » Sat Apr 09, 2022 3:25 pm

fat cherry wrote:I kind of expect and enjoy the band in the Dark mac always moans when the lighting bloke blinds him with a spot. At Oxford on the cross huh tour the stage was so small once they got the ice machine going you couldn't see any of the band. Brilliant.

I saw one of those gigs. It was good but that’s when they made an effort. I too recall a lot of fog but you can’t do that now with pop versions of the songs. Anyone else have this year on their bingo card as it being the last one?
all_my_colours2
Just Tuned In
Just Tuned In

PreviousNext

Return to Echo & The Bunnymen