2022 Tour

General discussion about the band, live shows, its recordings or bootlegs, etc. You can buy, sell or trade here. You can even post eBay links. If it's about the Bunnymen, it goes here.

Re: 2022 Tour

Postby Mr. Brian » Thu Jun 16, 2022 7:33 am

Too bad Mick didn't come out and sing backup on a Bunnymen song or invite Mac to sing backup on Paint It Black or something like that at the Liverpool show. That would have shown some cohesiveness and comradery with the two bands that otherwise seemed disparate to most. Or did they do anything like that and I missed the memo?
Mr. Brian
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby all_my_colours3 » Thu Jun 16, 2022 11:17 am

Mr. Brian wrote:Too bad Mick didn't come out and sing backup on a Bunnymen song or invite Mac to sing backup on Paint It Black or something like that at the Liverpool show. That would have shown some cohesiveness and comradery with the two bands that otherwise seemed disparate to most. Or did they do anything like that and I missed the memo?

Seems like they only mix with bigger names. An article from a while ago…

https://www.rollingstone.com/music/musi ... 47340/amp/

The Ian solo show could be interesting. Saw him a few times in the past when he did them. I assume they’ll be a lot different now from those of 20 years ago.
all_my_colours3

Postby fat cherry » Thu Jun 16, 2022 6:30 pm

According to his twitter Will said they met them for about 15s before they went on. So no you didn't miss anything mrB.

Seems you almost have to be (north) american also to qualify for a stage share. Though mick Taylor did alright with guest spots.beut then he's one of them. I recall Bill wyman was pissed off because despite being with them decades they only asked him to play 2 songs.
fat cherry
Über Fan
Über Fan

Postby Mr. Brian » Tue Jun 21, 2022 5:11 pm

fat cherry wrote:According to his twitter Will said they met them for about 15s before they went on. So no you didn't miss anything mrB.

This must be it!

https://www.instagram.com/p/CfEpcyLsgcy ... _copy_link
Mr. Brian
Site Admin
Site Admin

Previous

Return to Echo & The Bunnymen