Reverberation.

General discussion about the band, live shows, its recordings or bootlegs, etc. You can buy, sell or trade here. You can even post eBay links. If it's about the Bunnymen, it goes here.

Re: Reverberation.

Postby candelabro » Tue Mar 23, 2021 7:22 pm

Aigburth Drive wrote:I'd be interested in these Reverberation era in lossless too.
I found this text file and some 128k MP3s in my Bunnymen folder. The file is date stamped 2012, but I can't remember where I got it from. I can post a link if this is allowed.

Echo & Bunnymen
First Rehearsals without Ian
Jan-Jun 1989

After Ian left the band in Japan in 1988 they decided to continue under the same name - it was always agreed a majority could stake a claim. So In January '89 Will, Les & Pete along with Jake Brockman (live keyboard player for many years de-camped to Pete's house in Liverpool & discuss the future. Noel Burke (ex St. Vitus Dance) was recruited as a new vocalist and these are the best recordings that came out of the first rehearsals (at Pete's in Liverpool Jan-Mar and at this parents house in Goring-On-Thames in June). Damon Reece (Spritualized) was present at the time & took over drums after Pete's sad death (also it is sad that Jake is no longer with us).

So probably only for Bunny maniacs but I was asked if I had any early stuff with Noel & you can't get earlier than this. I've had permission to share this so enjoy!

Lady Don't Fall Backwards #1
Lady Don't Fall Backwards #2
(instrumental bits of fiddling)
How Could You Leave Our Love Behind? #1
How Could You Leave Our Love Behind? #2
Feel Alright #1
Feel Alright #2
Feel Alright #3
Cut & Dried #1
My Expression
Cut & Dried #2
(Instrumental)
(Bedbugs-esque Instrumental)
(Instrumental)

Musicians
Noel Burke: Vocals
Will Sergeant: Guitars
Les Pattinson: Bass
Pete De Freitas: Drums
Jake Brockman: Keyboards

Other people present at various times:
Dave Battersby, Ant Clarke, Steve Doughty, Damon Reece

How can I hear these mp3s? Still haven't played my tape, sorry. Promise to do so this year and I'll share the lossless files.
candelabro

Postby candelabro » Wed Mar 13, 2024 4:17 am

I finally upoloaded them here: https://youtu.be/kycgC_Fx0ZY?feature=shared

I personally think Salvatore is great. Enjoy!
candelabro

Postby The Monro » Sun Mar 24, 2024 9:13 am

Many thanks for this.
The Monro

Postby adders » Mon Mar 25, 2024 11:29 am

If you like 'Reverberation' then you may like some of the St. Vitus Dance albums. I saw them a few months ago and it was great hearing these more recent songs (I had their first album 'Love Me Love My Dogma' for years but not heard anything off 'Glypotheque' or 'Bystanders' which I picked up copies of on the night). I mentioned I went to the three Marsh Lane Bunnymen gigs and Noel recalled them as being LOUD!
adders

Previous

Return to Echo & The Bunnymen