Killing Moon

General discussion about the band, live shows, its recordings or bootlegs, etc. You can buy, sell or trade here. You can even post eBay links. If it's about the Bunnymen, it goes here.

Re: Killing Moon

Postby fat cherry » Tue Aug 10, 2021 5:31 am

I will watch it, so unless its a comedy lets have a guess before I do - Mac wakes up with the words in his head and the chords (though they're apprently something else backwards. Will noodles aroubnd in the studio, cos he doesn't do stuff at home They go to the pub and when they come back the engineer's stitched all Wills bits into what we know and love. They ask that other bloke, Adam something or other to do some strings and bobs yiour uncle, the greatest song ever written. But not by them? lols. Do love the 12" version though. And the 7". But not enough top buy some hastily written lyrics fro 50 notes.
fat cherry
Über Fan
Über Fan

Postby fat cherry » Tue Aug 10, 2021 5:45 am

Mr. Brian wrote:
King Of Kings wrote:
Approaching Sixty fast you begin to realise the possession are only tempoary and worth nothing unless sombody wants them.

I agree with this. My wife's 90 year old great uncle with no other relatives died and we got all his "stuff". Some of it was keepsake family material but a lot of it just got thrown away. Books about WWII, travel ephemera from his world travels in the 60s, trinkets from his various jobs, etc...things that were meaningless to anyone but him. I recall doing the same thing with my Mom's "stuff" and I suspect my kids will one be burdened by my collection of obscure US Presidential trinkets, cult status bands, etc., that will end up at Goodwill, on eBay, or trashed.

Funnily enough I had a similar conversation with Mrs FC the other week. She manages a charity shop (and if I might say it, its a very posh charity shop, as they go) because you know, she's one of these people who always has to be busy, though thats not the point here. Anyway someone she knows gave her first dibs on her late old man's house clearance because he's travelled the world and its full of 'interesting' stuff. Which it was - all a bit colonial but interesting nevertheless. And then she went on to go on (and on) about how sad it was, all this stuff collected but nobody in the family wants etc etc. So being the 'glass half full' kind of chap I am I espoused an alternative theory thats its not sad at all - all the interesting stuff gets bought by someone who likes/wants it and it goes on enriching their lives, all the rest has done a job keeping the old fella happy in his declining years and before, Job done. Don't think anyone's going to want my bunnymen collection, or the rest much, but so what, not many want it now, hoho. While I'm on a roll, my elder bro has spent his life travelling the world, doing good deeds (hunmanitarian stuff) and always brings stuff back. But because he's got no home base (he has but other people pay him good money to live in it) its his friends and family that get it in their loft from this day until their last day (I do have an asagai and a machete upstairs somewhere - handy when the apocalypse comes eh), and all I can see is a massive bonfire when he goes. Luckily he doesn't read this.
fat cherry
Über Fan
Über Fan

Postby fat cherry » Tue Aug 10, 2021 2:09 pm

fat cherry wrote:I will watch it, so unless its a comedy lets have a guess before I do - Mac wakes up with the words in his head and the chords (though they're apprently something else backwards. Will noodles aroubnd in the studio, cos he doesn't do stuff at home They go to the pub and when they come back the engineer's stitched all Wills bits into what we know and love. They ask that other bloke, Adam something or other to do some strings and bobs yiour uncle, the greatest song ever written. But not by them? lols. Do love the 12" version though. And the 7". But not enough top buy some hastily written lyrics fro 50 notes.

watched it - not a millions miles wide of the mark!!!!
fat cherry
Über Fan
Über Fan

Postby fat cherry » Tue Aug 10, 2021 2:11 pm

..... Mac'll love the 'McCulloch returned to the band in 1997', ouch.
fat cherry
Über Fan
Über Fan

Postby Kounelaki » Tue Aug 10, 2021 2:46 pm

fat cherry wrote:watched it - not a millions miles wide of the mark!!!!

What accent was that supposed to be? British Virgin Islands?
Kounelaki
Über Fan
Über Fan

Postby fat cherry » Wed Aug 11, 2021 1:59 am

The presenter? Very kind of studied and careful.
fat cherry
Über Fan
Über Fan

Postby Kounelaki » Wed Aug 11, 2021 3:43 am

Thanks, FC. Yes, the presenter.
Kounelaki
Über Fan
Über Fan

Previous

Return to Echo & The Bunnymen