Seeking - Signed Crocodiles LP

General discussion about the band, live shows, its recordings or bootlegs, etc. You can buy, sell or trade here. You can even post eBay links. If it's about the Bunnymen, it goes here.

Seeking - Signed Crocodiles LP

Postby Cucucucumber » Tue Nov 03, 2020 8:38 pm

Hey there, I'm new here ODDLY, but am such an insane fan. Call this a greedy request, who has a fully signed copy of Crocodiles on vinyl?

I've met them a couple times, and have continually acquired a full collection of their albums and early eps signed by all four. All except Crocodiles. I would pay, but am open to trade my extras which are a fully signed Self-Titled and Ocean Rain. They are not dedicated to me either. I'm not interested in letting these go for sale until I know a trade is off the table. It's funny, because as much as people are mixed on the feeling of album #5, it looks epic signed.

Reply if you have any leads or have one yourself.
Cucucucumber
Just Tuned In
Just Tuned In

Re: Seeking - Signed Crocodiles LP

Postby Voodoo Billy » Sun Nov 08, 2020 3:01 pm

I have a US vinyl of Crocodiles (on Sire) which I bought in Probe about 1985 maybe. I'm unconviced the signatures are genuine though. :frown:
Purveyor of the 'semi-predictable one-liner (which) embodies the essence of the type of comedic crap we grew to love here. VB is a crazy fool'
Voodoo Billy
Über Fan
Über Fan

Postby Dave Smith » Mon Nov 09, 2020 8:34 am

Me. Not for sale though...never sell a Pete signature.
I mean I'm assuming they are real although you never know lol
Dave Smith
Über Fan
Über Fan

Postby Cucucucumber » Tue Nov 10, 2020 3:40 am

Thanks for replying friends. I'd like to see the one that might not be genuine. I can pretty much detect false signatures from many of the post punk bands, especially Echo.

All of mine are genuine. I've met the four of them a couple times and Ian/Will during Electrafixion. So, there is no question mine are genuine. My hope was Ocean Rain or the S/T was more of a favorite of yours than Crocodiles, since those are my extras to trade, or I have sealed Siberia and Flowers.

Cheers, Ryan
Cucucucumber
Just Tuned In
Just Tuned In

Postby adders » Thu Jan 14, 2021 12:47 pm

My future wife bought me a fully signed copy of Crocodiles from a record shop in Blackpool in the mid-eighties. The signatures all seem genuine but when I tilted the LP sleeve you can see imprints of handwriting (and what I thought was a signature of Pete's), so it seemed a bit dodgy to me, although he could have been leaning on the album to sign something else. Still has a handwritten sticker on 'Autographed by all. Original. £12'.
adders

Return to Echo & The Bunnymen