Bono’s lovely letter

General discussion about the band, live shows, its recordings or bootlegs, etc. You can buy, sell or trade here. You can even post eBay links. If it's about the Bunnymen, it goes here.

Bono’s lovely letter

Postby crystal89 » Tue Jun 23, 2020 2:51 pm

Echo & the Bunnymen – Rescue
Dearest Ian, Will et al. Bunnymen everywhere…
May 10th this year was a bit of a landmark for me. I turned 60 and from what I can tell I am alive and feeling very grateful to be so… I am also grateful to you and your songs for playing a role in getting me from there to here.
RESCUE is a great song/45/call for renewal and definitely made my life and times better.
I don’t think U2 would be as good as we are without Echo and the Bunnymen… You really raised the standard in what could be achieved by not ‘growing up’…
The guitars, bass and drum so unique, the production of the songs usually so deft and unobtrusive… The voice, the baritone, the bell canto, and the lips like sugar… and weedkiller when they had to be.
I remember the confidence of your early shows, in both production and stance… the giddiness, the giddy up-ness… I was so relieved to see you hadn’t lost any of that vocal/ lyrical power when I saw you on stage at Electric Picnic last year.
Stay safe in every other way.
Your fan,
Bono
crystal89

Re: Bono’s lovely letter

Postby oceanbrain » Wed Jun 24, 2020 2:01 pm

Nice touch from the freckly dubliner......wonder what Macs reply would be at the present time.Equally complimentary one would hope unless hes not got over himself yet!
oceanbrain

Re: Bono’s lovely letter

Postby crystal89 » Fri Jun 26, 2020 6:37 am

The hYpe - Street mission

Dear you clowns, see what I did there?, made a pun, youse 2s couldn’t do they could you, another one for good measure. Thanks for your lovely letter Mr Bonko, Good Voice? Mines a lot better since I tried the Talcum Powder, and realised everyone was against me. Love the sound, if you keep it up you might be good, but I suppose you can keep copying us. I will follow? What’s that a statement or a fact? Where the streets have no name? Yeah they sodding do.

Keep it up you might be as cool as us.

Mac X
crystal89

Return to Echo & The Bunnymen