so here's a question.....

General discussion about the band, live shows, its recordings or bootlegs, etc. You can buy, sell or trade here. You can even post eBay links. If it's about the Bunnymen, it goes here.

so here's a question.....

Postby fat cherry » Tue Mar 24, 2020 10:24 am

Just reread Mick Middles book (yes I have time on my hands :-) ) and right at the end he says:

"Why should we still listen to this?" whilst musing on Mac's penchant for still playing the rock star even after several years in the wilderness, as it were, but having jyust released their comeback album, tour, fezzie dates in a fur coat etc and then he says:
"Perhaps because the alternative can be seen swaggering off a plane in New Zealand, shouting at cameramen and confronting frightened fans."

So what's he on about? Thought it migth be an Oasis reference. No prizes, just for fun etc........
fat cherry
Über Fan
Über Fan

Re: so here's a question.....

Postby fat cherry » Tue Mar 31, 2020 11:57 am

heres another one...., going through a loadf of CDs, as in recorded CDs and one has a load of bunnymen/glide stuff on. Under bunnymen theres a fodler called Peel Session and the timestamp is 1999 (could just mean when I did the disc I spose) but its obv the reformed bunnies - that cracking version of lips with the kerranging intro. Is this the John Peel Birthday do in LOndon?

The setlist is (and hey, yo know - but just look at it.......)

Fools Like Us
Baby Rain
Rescue
I wanna be there
bedbugs
Cutter
Rust
What are you....
Back of Love
Lips
Do it clean
fat cherry
Über Fan
Über Fan

Postby fat cherry » Tue Mar 31, 2020 12:14 pm

do it yourself chez......., a review form someone who probably would have poreferred to stay at home watching reruns of only fools and horses

https://www.independent.co.uk/arts-ente ... 85067.html
fat cherry
Über Fan
Über Fan

Postby Dave Smith » Wed Apr 01, 2020 4:31 am

Yep I was there. Was an odd place/odd gig...the sound outboard was abysmal probably onstage too. Mac berating the soundman quite understandibly.

On the way out bumped into Martin Fry ABC and thought jesus he's a tall man. Most memorable part of the evening.
Dave Smith
Über Fan
Über Fan

Postby fat cherry » Wed Apr 01, 2020 5:08 am

The mp3s I have sound OK, if not better, no idea where I got them from and perhaps the'd been retouched, or even recorded someplace else. I'd forgotten I had em. Must have been a seven-seas or early web related download.
fat cherry
Über Fan
Über Fan

Return to Echo & The Bunnymen