The First Time in 40 Years

General discussion about the band, live shows, its recordings or bootlegs, etc. You can buy, sell or trade here. You can even post eBay links. If it's about the Bunnymen, it goes here.

Re: The First Time in 40 Years

Postby billythekid » Fri Aug 09, 2019 6:39 am

crystal daze wrote:
Grumpy_Jimbo wrote:Glasgow & Edinburgh for me......

Glasgow for me. We’ve got a good night for it. :-)

How was it?
billythekid

Postby crystal daze » Mon Aug 26, 2019 4:26 pm

billythekid wrote:
crystal daze wrote:
Grumpy_Jimbo wrote:Glasgow & Edinburgh for me......

Glasgow for me. We’ve got a good night for it. :-)

How was it?

I was up front, Will side, it was a lovely clear evening in a magical wee venue - yet all I really have to say about it is that it was good/enjoyable. Will was his usual perfect self, Mac looked well and was in good voice, but it lacked that old magic.

The answer to what was lacking was highlighted when I went to see The Cure on the other side of the river a week later. The gig was spectacular, and there was that subtle feeling of being engrossed, enchanted and connected. Boab and co looked happy to be there, and happy to be with each other.
There's times when I've been deeply indifferent
crystal daze

Postby bunnygirlxx » Wed Aug 28, 2019 5:24 am

How was it?[/quote]

I was up front, Will side, it was a lovely clear evening in a magical wee venue - yet all I really have to say about it is that it was good/enjoyable. Will was his usual perfect self, Mac looked well and was in good voice, but it lacked that old magic.

The answer to what was lacking was highlighted when I went to see The Cure on the other side of the river a week later. The gig was spectacular, and there was that subtle feeling of being engrossed, enchanted and connected. Boab and co looked happy to be there, and happy to be with each other.[/quote

I wasn’t at Bunnymen but was at The Cure and have seen both bands enough times to say I fully agree with you. Personally think there’s nobody better than The Cure live, all are great musicians but as you say it’s more than that, they all seem to want to be there and enjoy what they do and Robert’s voice is still spot on, if anything it’s got better!
bunnygirlxx

Postby bunnygirlxx » Wed Aug 28, 2019 5:25 am

How was it?[/quote]

The answer to what was lacking was highlighted when I went to see The Cure on the other side of the river a week later. The gig was spectacular, and there was that subtle feeling of being engrossed, enchanted and connected. Boab and co looked happy to be there, and happy to be with each other.[/quote

If the Bunnymen changed the setlist it would help!
bunnygirlxx

Postby King Of Kings » Wed Aug 28, 2019 10:43 am

London - next week

Supporting the Doves

No No No
King Of Kings

Postby Dr Cheese » Wed Aug 28, 2019 3:24 pm

I'd go and see them again if they ever call it a day and do a farewell tour, just to say tarra and thanks for some fantastic gigs back in the day when we were all young and innocent but until that day dawns I'm quite content not to be arsed. :biggrin:
And you know that I'll pick up
Every time you call
Just to thank you one more time
Alcohol
Dr Cheese
Über Fan
Über Fan

Previous

Return to Echo & The Bunnymen