Space Junk Radio Episode 7

General discussion about the band, live shows, its recordings or bootlegs, etc. You can buy, sell or trade here. You can even post eBay links. If it's about the Bunnymen, it goes here.

Space Junk Radio Episode 7

Postby allthatjazz » Fri Jan 18, 2019 11:54 am

Weekend is a good time to catch up on Will Sergeant's latest episode or any missed episodes for that matter.

https://www.mixcloud.com/sgtfuzz/spacej ... episode-7/
allthatjazz

Re: Space Junk Radio Episode 7

Postby fat cherry » Fri Jan 18, 2019 1:10 pm

oo, whispering Will. Had to zoom past that zepplin stuff - try as I might, Planty's voice still sets my teeth on edge. Some of the more weirdy stuff though, hmmm. Not to mention Donovan. I think Noel gallagher called his son donovan.
fat cherry
Über Fan
Über Fan

Postby Voodoo Billy » Fri Jan 18, 2019 1:16 pm

fat cherry wrote: I think Noel gallagher called his son donovan.

Why, had he been naughty? :confused:
Purveyor of the 'semi-predictable one-liner (which) embodies the essence of the type of comedic crap we grew to love here. VB is a crazy fool'
Voodoo Billy
Über Fan
Über Fan

Postby fat cherry » Fri Jan 18, 2019 1:21 pm

well to be fair it could have been worse, someone's surname, as a first name, or another opstar's name that is only one name, like, Sting or something. I feel a pint coming on.......
fat cherry
Über Fan
Über Fan

Postby allthatjazz » Fri Jan 18, 2019 1:30 pm

My favorites were being reminded of 'In The Beginning' by ELP + The Faith Healers by Alex Harvey...FC I didn't suffer the Zep as much but I know I'll be introduced to just as much that I've never heard before. Will is such a music fan in a way that Ian isn't.
allthatjazz

Postby Voodoo Billy » Fri Jan 18, 2019 1:31 pm

fat cherry wrote:well to be fair it could have been worse, someone's surname, as a first name, or another opstar's name that is only one name, like, Sting or something. I feel a pint coming on.......

Jesus, get one for me, or make it a vodka, a big one! :biggrin:
Purveyor of the 'semi-predictable one-liner (which) embodies the essence of the type of comedic crap we grew to love here. VB is a crazy fool'
Voodoo Billy
Über Fan
Über Fan

Postby allthatjazz » Fri Jan 18, 2019 1:34 pm

Also like his prog label for Radiohead...I mean I didn't think it ever fit a label but Will has done it. It is prog.
allthatjazz

Postby fat cherry » Fri Jan 18, 2019 1:49 pm

I listened to that bit about being open minded and all that wrt the proggy stuff, and I'm with him in theory, but I listened to loads of that shite in my time - loads of my mates were (probably still are) really into it and just never got it. That's my grown up approach that is - used to just say it was shite. One of my flat mates when I weas a stude was always playing tha ELP triple album at full blast on his massive hifidelity system. What a load of crap. Funny though, litening to sarges ambienty doings got me into all that end of it. My younger self would be appalled. So you know, growth and all that. I used to quite like the tribal thing. Nowadays blah blah blah etc etc etc etc
fat cherry
Über Fan
Über Fan

Postby Voodoo Billy » Fri Jan 18, 2019 2:06 pm

allthatjazz wrote:Also like his prog label for Radiohead...I mean I didn't think it ever fit a label but Will has done it. It is prog.

I've got my own label for Radiohead, and it's not 'prog'. :lol:
Voodoo Billy
Über Fan
Über Fan

Postby allthatjazz » Fri Jan 18, 2019 2:30 pm

Voodoo Billy wrote:
allthatjazz wrote:Also like his prog label for Radiohead...I mean I didn't think it ever fit a label but Will has done it. It is prog.

Well let's hear it...We just saw and met Thom Yorke December 1st...The first time we've seen him solo and have to say I was as entertained as I've been with Radiohead..Also, got to meet longtime Radiohead producer Nigel Godrich and audiovisual artist Tarik Barri both are on stage with him...They were charming...I was holding an idealized painting of him from a fan who was way in the back and asked if I could get it signed by him and he complimented the pic and said I'm not that young...or good looking...he leaned in and whispered "I'm 50 you know!" Kind of surreal.
allthatjazz

Postby allthatjazz » Fri Jan 18, 2019 3:42 pm

I’m thrilled to learn Will’s a fan...https://www.instagram.com/p/Bq4tK9tgSJA ... mzt2yuv3sj
allthatjazz

Postby Voodoo Billy » Fri Jan 18, 2019 5:07 pm

allthatjazz wrote:
Voodoo Billy wrote:

Well let's hear it...We just saw and met Thom Yorke December 1st...The first time we've seen him solo and have to say I was as entertained as I've been with Radiohead..Also, got to meet longtime Radiohead producer Nigel Godrich and audiovisual artist Tarik Barri both are on stage with him...They were charming...I was holding an idealized painting of him from a fan who was way in the back and asked if I could get it signed by him and he complimented the pic and said I'm not that young...or good looking...he leaned in and whispered "I'm 50 you know!" Kind of surreal.

Boring?
Voodoo Billy
Über Fan
Über Fan

Postby allthatjazz » Fri Jan 18, 2019 6:02 pm

There's plenty who feel that way...Radiohead is absolutely not for everyone...But, they're not hurting for fans either...I've never seen the crowd size waiting to meet them after any other band or solo artist after a show. They just do their thing they don't try to please anyone but themselves which is what artists who have a vision do. They don't follow the crowd. They continue to pursue their own dreams they especially don't take advice from fans. I don't hear or see anything different from David Byrne, Ian Mcculloch or Paul Weller. They don't want to look back They want to look forward. It's been interesting hearing the criticisms from many who say it was the easy way out for Ian to make this last album of reworked classics...But, they also criticized Meteorites which was all original songs...so was Fountain before that...Not to mention he also put out Holy Ghosts in between. I don't get the lazy label. He continues to put out new and reworked material like anyone else who's been trying to keep a band going after forty years. It's not a perfect band it never was and that's what caught my attention from the start.
allthatjazz

Postby allthatjazz » Fri Jan 18, 2019 6:02 pm

There's plenty who feel that way...Radiohead is absolutely not for everyone...But, they're not hurting for fans either...I've never seen the crowd size waiting to meet them after any other band or solo artist after a show. They just do their thing they don't try to please anyone but themselves which is what artists who have a vision do. They don't follow the crowd. They continue to pursue their own dreams they especially don't take advice from fans. I don't hear or see anything different from David Byrne, Ian Mcculloch or Paul Weller. They don't want to look back They want to look forward. It's been interesting hearing the criticisms from many who say it was the easy way out for Ian to make this last album of reworked classics...But, they also criticized Meteorites which was all original songs...so was Fountain before that...Not to mention he also put out Holy Ghosts in between. I don't get the lazy label. He continues to put out new and reworked material like anyone else who's been trying to keep a band going after forty years. It's not a perfect band it never was and that's what caught my attention from the start.
allthatjazz

Postby Voodoo Billy » Sat Jan 19, 2019 8:12 am

Can't be arsed hanging around to catch a glimpse of bands after a show anymore. Maybe I just got old and disillusioned, or maybe I just grew up, or maybe I've been listening too much to DrCheese ( :wink: ). When I was young I used to read every piece of crap written about and uttered by every band I was into, but more recently I've come to realise that most of it is crap, that all that really counts is the music, and I rarely read any of that stuff these days. I think, when we're young, we tend to view them as something special, aloof and untouchable, but they're basically just people and very little of what they say is worth listening to.

As the Stranglers said, "No more heroes".
Voodoo Billy
Über Fan
Über Fan

Next

Return to Echo & The Bunnymen