The Stars, The Oceans & The Moon, Released...finally!

General discussion about the band, live shows, its recordings or bootlegs, etc. You can buy, sell or trade here. You can even post eBay links. If it's about the Bunnymen, it goes here.

Re: The Stars, The Oceans & The Moon, Released...finally!

Postby fat cherry » Mon Jan 18, 2021 1:55 pm

Mr. Brian wrote: My immediate thought was that they forgot to mix it. The levels don't sound right to me. Then I thought, well if this were another band doing the same exact versions, I'd probably think it was a nice tribute. But it's not. It's the Bunnymen doing cheap versions of their own songs.

finally listened to it. Spot on Mr Brian. And for once I'm fairly much in agreement with King of Kings. A couple aren't bad but its like Mac nipped in just before it was sent to the pressing plant and turned his voice up, and added a few more 'me doing me own backing vocals'. And whats the hey now hey now now bits on zimbo? Pointless.
fat cherry
Über Fan
Über Fan

Postby TenNewPence » Thu Jan 21, 2021 3:57 pm

Ian & Will an Echo & The Bunnyman tribute band :biggrin:
TenNewPence

Postby fat cherry » Tue Apr 13, 2021 6:09 am

Tay Tays done it for different reasons of course- no buns mention and none of these are reimaginings, or whatever the word is. And its the NME so probably not relevant either way.....

https://www.nme.com/blogs/nme-blogs/tay ... 72Ifaune00
fat cherry
Über Fan
Über Fan

Previous

Return to Echo & The Bunnymen