The Stars, The Oceans & The Moon, Released...finally!

General discussion about the band, live shows, its recordings or bootlegs, etc. You can buy, sell or trade here. You can even post eBay links. If it's about the Bunnymen, it goes here.

The Stars, The Oceans & The Moon, Released...finally!

Postby allthatjazz » Thu Oct 04, 2018 9:20 pm

The entire album is up on YouTube for your listening pleasure...Spotify and ITunes...I'm enjoying it more than I thought...Look forward to seeing their performances in concert too! They were in fine form this summer. Only a matter of time before the package arrives...They've been dispatched as they say...It was ordered so long ago, we can't remember whos birthday gift it was supposed to be, but since it's arriving this month...It's mine!
Attachments
Screen Shot 2018-10-04 at 8.21.50 PM.png
Screen Shot 2018-10-04 at 8.21.50 PM.png (115.28 KiB) Viewed 2970 times
allthatjazz

Re: The Stars, The Oceans & The Moon, Released...finally!

Postby Happy Death Man » Thu Oct 04, 2018 11:26 pm

Had a listen and I think it's boss. Stand outs at this stage are Stars are Stars and Killing Moon.

This'll be blasting out of my happy death car for the foreseeable future.
Happy Death Man

Postby crystal89 » Fri Oct 05, 2018 4:29 am

Actually it’s quite good, but it does highlight how much Mac’s voice has aged, and it’s not just the Nicotine or the Peruvian marching powder.

It’s either a 4/5 or a 7/10

If this is the last record, a proper way to go out.
crystal89

Postby King Of Kings » Fri Oct 05, 2018 5:16 am

IT'S SHIT

This is just another Mac album sold under the Bunnymen banner.

A quaint and interesting addition to anyone's collection however

But be under NO ILLUSION it is not the BUNNYMEN in any shape or form

Doesn't even sound like the Bunymen post 1997.

The two new tacks are like Meteorite rejects or left overs

I have to admit its superbly packaged and presented except for the naff artwork.

One could argue I knew what I was buying

After such anticipation its self indulgent almost narcissistic. If these was a new band they would'nt even gat a record contact

Serves me right for being an obsessive completest.
King Of Kings

Postby crystal89 » Fri Oct 05, 2018 5:17 am

Spot the difference.
crystal89

Postby Happy Death Man » Fri Oct 05, 2018 6:16 am

Of course they are not as good as the original versions, but it's interesting and sounds good. Yes, the bunnymen as we knew and loved them from crocodiles tot ocean rain don't exist but I'm enjoying this album a lot and that's good enough for me in 2018.
Happy Death Man

Postby allthatjazz » Fri Oct 05, 2018 7:47 am

Happy Death Man wrote:Had a listen and I think it's boss. Stand outs at this stage are Stars are Stars and Killing Moon.

This'll be blasting out of my happy death car for the foreseeable future.

Stars Are Stars was the one I was most afraid of since it's always been such personal favorite...Though, it's not the only time they've tinkered with this one and won! I love the more ska/zydeco version they did for Life at Brian's...That was killer! But, I agree this one is also good. After my initial negative meltdown of Seven Seas months ago, I realized I wasn't approaching this album right. Especially, since my opinion of the transformed version of Seven Seas changed with tine...No one can help the comparisons just don't get overly hung up on them or you'll miss the beauty of the transformed works. It's music...a wonderful indulgent pastime!
allthatjazz

Postby billythekid » Fri Oct 05, 2018 8:09 am

Don’t agree it’s shit, but it’s nothing to get excited about either, do agree it’s just an exercise for Mac to deludedly think he can show the world how “great” his voice is. Have really murdered Angels and Devils and The Cutt(a)er, and what’s with his r’s?? Very odd pronunciation! Packaging etc does look good from what I’ve seen but the laziness of just signing Mac! (or I Mac) and Will S is shabby and disgraceful imo. Remember the last time he ‘signed’ and I S McCulloch was written on everything??? That put me off ever ordering again tbh.
billythekid

Postby fat cherry » Fri Oct 05, 2018 8:56 am

Guitars on CATTTTTTER sound good, could probably get rid of the strings and things.
fat cherry
Über Fan
Über Fan

Postby billythekid » Fri Oct 05, 2018 10:23 am

fat cherry wrote:Guitars on CATTTTTTER sound good, could probably get rid of the strings and things.

Agree about the guitars (and he is saying Catter misplaced my a!) but otherwise don’t like it one bit! Have destroyed A&D sounds like something from ‘The Good Old Days” ffs. Wonder why no longer do BOL live and omitted here? IMHO don’t think his ‘greatest voice of all time” capable of doing it now, otherwise surely would’ve done a Porcupine tour, strange it was missed out!
billythekid

Postby MightyWhyte » Fri Oct 05, 2018 10:57 am

As expected and just as disappointed as I knew I would be.

Will be interested to see what happens in Warrington based on how quickly the promo tour earlier this year reverted back to the old versions.

How Far Mac? Too Far?

Just Saying and 10/10 for crediting it all to you some amazing production there pal :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
BunnyGod Pin needed :sad:
MightyWhyte

Postby gomper » Fri Oct 05, 2018 1:21 pm

Mac's vocals have gone very american over the years. When you listen to the 1st 4 albums his voice was mainly english sounding but now it's just like rock cabaret. Mac must think he sounds like a cross between Lou and Len but this Lp's vocals are far more Def Leppard
gomper
Just Tuned In
Just Tuned In

Postby lazarus » Fri Oct 05, 2018 1:57 pm

I really don't get into Angels & Devils (2018) in particular.
The added lyrics in Bedbugs are fine on another hand.
lazarus

Postby Voodoo Billy » Fri Oct 05, 2018 2:02 pm

gomper wrote:Mac must think he sounds like a cross between Lou and Len

Lou Beale and Len Fairclough? :lol:
Purveyor of the 'semi-predictable one-liner (which) embodies the essence of the type of comedic crap we grew to love here. VB is a crazy fool'
Voodoo Billy
Über Fan
Über Fan

Postby billythekid » Fri Oct 05, 2018 2:15 pm

MightyWhyte wrote:As expected and just as disappointed as I knew I would be.

Will be interested to see what happens in Warrington based on how quickly the promo tour earlier this year reverted back to the old versions.

How Far Mac? Too Far?

Just Saying and 10/10 for crediting it all to you some amazing production there pal :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Agree! We went to a couple on the last tour, RAH was mainly the original versions, still did new KM but tbh I didn’t mind because he’s turned it into karaoke over recent years, the kind of thing he’d slate U2 for, and I can’t stand it so usually nip off to the bar.

Yep too far, and that song is awful imo, and if that’s the best can do then no thanks to a new album! I heard him say somewhere that the somnambulist originated from something Will did, maybe that’s why it’s okay.

I’d guess he’s surrounded by too many ‘Yes Mac’ people, just what an ego the size of his doesn’t need,

Think the vinyl looks cool though, the signed sleeves ruined imo by lazy signings. Glad I gave it a miss!
billythekid

Next

Return to Echo & The Bunnymen