Latest Mojo magazine

General discussion about the band, live shows, its recordings or bootlegs, etc. You can buy, sell or trade here. You can even post eBay links. If it's about the Bunnymen, it goes here.

Re: Latest Mojo magazine

Postby dodojojo » Thu Jun 28, 2018 3:36 pm

All we want, all we hope...I'm sure even the most ardent Mac critic here would want the best for him and for him to turn the corner. But all our wants and hopes and $6.75 will get us a latte. I'm not being callous, just being realistic. He's going to doddle along until he doesn't. It's probably a miracle he's still standing. So's he already defied the odds. The description of time devoted to drinking boggles my teetotal mind.
dodojojo

Postby Voodoo Billy » Thu Jun 28, 2018 4:05 pm

dodojojo wrote: $6.75 will get us a latte..........The description of time devoted to drinking boggles my teetotal mind.

Bloody hell, $6.75 for a milky coffee, you'd get four cans of Stella and a packet of Pork Scratchings for that. :eek:
Purveyor of the 'semi-predictable one-liner (which) embodies the essence of the type of comedic crap we grew to love here. VB is a crazy fool'
Voodoo Billy
Über Fan
Über Fan

Postby dodojojo » Thu Jun 28, 2018 4:20 pm

Luckily, not only am I teetotal, I don't drink coffee either. Yes, I'm now filthy rich.
dodojojo

Postby TenNewPence » Fri Jun 29, 2018 8:40 am

Voodoo Billy wrote:
dodojojo wrote: $6.75 will get us a latte..........The description of time devoted to drinking boggles my teetotal mind.

Bloody hell, $6.75 for a milky coffee, you'd get four cans of Stella and a packet of Pork Scratchings for that. :eek:

yes, but do any of the Pork Scratchings look like Billy Idol :biggrin:

I read the interview in my local Waitrose, cant be arsed paying £5:50 for a magazine. Brought a few groceries and got a Free Coffee

It
TenNewPence

Postby Dr Cheese » Fri Jul 06, 2018 6:59 pm

Lets face it Mac's always been a knobhead and nothing's changed. :rolleyes:
And you know that I'll pick up
Every time you call
Just to thank you one more time
Alcohol
Dr Cheese
Über Fan
Über Fan

Postby Voodoo Billy » Sat Jul 07, 2018 6:15 am

I think the Stranglers may have been right, "No More Heroes"!
Purveyor of the 'semi-predictable one-liner (which) embodies the essence of the type of comedic crap we grew to love here. VB is a crazy fool'
Voodoo Billy
Über Fan
Über Fan

Postby Dr Cheese » Sat Jul 07, 2018 1:28 pm

I fell out with Mac when he decided that he was the Bunnymen and fucked off to have a shit solo career!
Every time you call
Alcohol
Dr Cheese
Über Fan
Über Fan

Postby Voodoo Billy » Sat Jul 07, 2018 4:18 pm

Dr Cheese wrote:I fell out with Mac when he decided that he was the Bunnymen and fucked off to have a shit

That's better :lol:
Voodoo Billy
Über Fan
Über Fan

Postby fat cherry » Sun Jul 08, 2018 8:34 am

dodojojo wrote:
but Will himself said he reached out to Mac when his wife was pregnant and there was no money coming in.

So, out of interest, what's your source for this? Will's jollity - and maybe it is because of him getting his jollies in california, I wouldn't know, is fairly recent. Its not so long ago they were playing some festival and in a pre-gig interview he's asked if he's looking forward to it and he says 'I'm looking forward to getting home and having a cup of tea', which I thought was funny, and maybe intended to be, but could be interpreted as no I'm not looking forward to it.
fat cherry
Über Fan
Über Fan

Postby dodojojo » Sun Jul 08, 2018 8:55 am

fat cherry wrote:
So, out of interest, what's your source for this? Will's jollity - and maybe it is because of him getting his jollies in california, I wouldn't know, is fairly recent.

From this interview: http://forum.villiersterrace.com/viewtopic.php?f=2&t=5408

Didn't mean to imply jollity but rather Will knows where his bread is buttered and he's a pro about it. That, perhaps, it's not just Ian who is insistent on continuing the Bunnymen.
dodojojo

Postby Dr Cheese » Sun Jul 08, 2018 1:53 pm

Voodoo Billy wrote:
Dr Cheese wrote:I fell out with Mac when he decided that he was the Bunnymen and fucked off to have a shit

That's better :lol:

:lol:
Every time you call
Alcohol
Dr Cheese
Über Fan
Über Fan

Postby dodojojo » Wed Jul 11, 2018 8:34 am

black francis wrote:It's more a long drawn out sadness of watching one of our lifelong heroes not getting the financial and critical success he (and Will and Les) deserve.

Yes, and if we feel this way, I can only imagine how much more it must be for Ian (and Will and Les). Wrong or right, it must eat at him. I read an interview where he said he understood why Lou Reed was so bitter--the VU was the best band in the world and they got nowhere. I thought, god, to a lesser extent, he could have been talking about himself and the Bunnymen. Not making excuses for him but you can see the 'whys and hows'.
dodojojo

Postby Stuart » Thu Jul 12, 2018 1:13 pm

There's a lot of people who find a Syd Barrett type existence sort of romantic. Even aspire to it.
It wouldn't work if Mac was a slaphead would it.
Stuart

Postby dodojojo » Wed Aug 08, 2018 8:43 am

https://issuu.com/0ckj/docs/m_2018_08

If you want a clear copy...
dodojojo

Postby allthatjazz » Thu Aug 09, 2018 4:51 pm

dodojojo wrote:https://issuu.com/0ckj/docs/m_2018_08

If you want a clear copy...

Thanks! This is much easier on the eyes now if we could just find a readable version of this article in Uncut. Via Twitter 'Excellent article about #Erics by #bbc6music and #Uncut journalist @robhughesRH'
Attachments
DkBjBA-W0AASxx7.jpg
DkBjBA-W0AASxx7.jpg (247.67 KiB) Viewed 3106 times
allthatjazz

PreviousNext

Return to Echo & The Bunnymen