Will Birmingham be postponed?

General discussion about the band, live shows, its recordings or bootlegs, etc. You can buy, sell or trade here. You can even post eBay links. If it's about the Bunnymen, it goes here.

Re: Will Birmingham be postponed?

Postby Dave Smith » Fri May 11, 2018 2:30 am

What a farce! The thing is what they didnt realise is that most people dont give a shit about Liverpool football club in Birmingham and quite reasonably dont want to lose 300 quid if travelling like me. Anyway my team Wolves are back lollol

Peter Allen and I quote in support of the original decision "Dont let work get in the way of play"!!! What a tit.Well if work means writing 2 new songs in 4 years and Birmingham is their THIRD gig of the year can I have a job like that? Actually no you have to watch Liverpool play.

I feel sorry for the guy doing the concert posters. 12 noon yesterday he changed Birmingham date to Tuesday then two hours later changed it back! Fuck me what a mess.

Anyway...this gig will be epic Mac meltdown....gonna be a lot of bad vibes in that room lol But will deffo be entertaining.
Dave Smith
Über Fan
Über Fan

Postby Voodoo Billy » Fri May 11, 2018 5:06 am

Dave Smith wrote:What a farce! The thing is what they didnt realise is that most people dont give a shit about Liverpool football club in Birmingham and quite reasonably dont want to lose 300 quid if travelling like me. Anyway my team Wolves are back lollol

Peter Allen and I quote in support of the original decision "Dont let work get in the way of play"!!! What a tit.Well if work means writing 2 new songs in 4 years and Birmingham is their THIRD gig of the year can I have a job like that? Actually no you have to watch Liverpool play.

I feel sorry for the guy doing the concert posters. 12 noon yesterday he changed Birmingham date to Tuesday then two hours later changed it back! Fuck me what a mess.

Anyway...this gig will be epic Mac meltdown....gonna be a lot of bad vibes in that room lol But will deffo be entertaining.

I bet Sports Direct in Birmingham have sold out of Real Madrid shirts on the back of this Dave. :lol:
Purveyor of the 'semi-predictable one-liner (which) embodies the essence of the type of comedic crap we grew to love here. VB is a crazy fool'
Voodoo Billy
Über Fan
Über Fan

Postby fat cherry » Fri May 11, 2018 6:12 am

dodojojo wrote:Mac learning a lesson of the social media world. If this was 1984, they would have switched the date and carried on, regardless of how many people were upset. Nowadays, you have people carping and a PR disaster within minutes.

Well the decision to postpone and the post about the match was naive in the extreme really and I think Mac still doesn't understand the internet. The reason this forum exists as it does (in the era of facebook, instabollocks), is due to the band mishandling their own forum in days gone by - in my opinion obviously - though you may know that already (I often repeat myself, just ask voodoo billy)
fat cherry
Über Fan
Über Fan

Postby Dave Smith » Fri May 11, 2018 6:13 am

Lol lol mac can expect some ahem banter at the gig ...
Dave Smith
Über Fan
Über Fan

Postby Voodoo Billy » Fri May 11, 2018 6:50 am

The match will be more or less over by the time they come on anyway (unless it goes to extra time). Aren't they usually onstage about 9.15 or later? Can't imagine they'd want to hang around watching Ronaldo and Bale lifting the trophy. :wink:
Purveyor of the 'semi-predictable one-liner (which) embodies the essence of the type of comedic crap we grew to love here. VB is a crazy fool'
Voodoo Billy
Über Fan
Über Fan

Postby King Of Kings » Fri May 11, 2018 7:17 am

https://www.metro.news/hopping-mad-bunn ... t/1052098/

bad publicity is publicity

but then again.................
King Of Kings

Postby fat cherry » Fri May 11, 2018 7:25 am

Voodoo Billy wrote:The match will be more or less over by the time they come on anyway (unless it goes to extra time).

wow, a bunnymen gig going to extra time? That'd be a first. Smiley face
fat cherry
Über Fan
Über Fan

Postby TenNewPence » Fri May 11, 2018 8:18 am

fat cherry wrote:
Voodoo Billy wrote:The match will be more or less over by the time they come on anyway (unless it goes to extra time).

surely there will be a few minutes of injury time :biggrin:
TenNewPence

Postby Voodoo Billy » Fri May 11, 2018 8:22 am

TenNewPence wrote:
fat cherry wrote:

surely there will be a few minutes of injury time :biggrin:

:eek: :lol:
Voodoo Billy
Über Fan
Über Fan

Postby dodojojo » Fri May 11, 2018 10:31 am

fat cherry wrote:Well the decision to postpone and the post about the match was naive in the extreme really and I think Mac still doesn't understand the internet. The reason this forum exists as it does (in the era of facebook, instabollocks), is due to the band mishandling their own forum in days gone by - in my opinion obviously - though you may know that already (I often repeat myself, just ask voodoo billy)

Yes, naive, along with hermetically sealed mindset. I bet you Ian is genuinely perplexed that there are some people who do not give a crap about the CL final or that they aren't sympathetic to the notion a band blowing off a very public commitment to watch a football match. In fairness, I called in a sick day to watch the Superbowl but it was my first job out of college, working overseas and feeling homesick...

This is when management earns its keep and finesses an artist away from idiocy. They couldn't come up with a relatively easy solution of playing earlier or later? Of course, that would be moot if Ian was planning to be Kiev.

I laugh when I see suggestions of broadcasting the game during the show. Hmmm...Ian's not interested in the fans being able to see the game, he wants to watch the damn thing!
dodojojo

Postby fat cherry » Fri May 11, 2018 10:53 am

And with foresight, coulkdn't have been avoided anyway since both gig and final with LFC's possible inclusionbeing known months in advance. FIle under what do I know. Wedding present have also decided to postpone their gig - but that is in liverpool

"Owing to Liverpool’s participation in the UEFA Champions League final, we have felt compelled to postpone our Liverpool show until 15 December. Apologies for any inconvenience. "
fat cherry
Über Fan
Über Fan

Postby Voodoo Billy » Fri May 11, 2018 11:05 am

Best get some of those towel footballs ready in case it goes to penalties. :wink:
Voodoo Billy
Über Fan
Über Fan

Postby dodojojo » Fri May 11, 2018 11:26 am

Birmingham itinerary

45 minutes of football
15 minute Bunnymen set
45 minutes of football
Depending on whether the match goes into extra-time, 15-45 minute Bunnymen encore

If LFC loses, no encore
dodojojo

Postby dodojojo » Fri May 11, 2018 11:30 am

fat cherry wrote:And with foresight, coulkdn't have been avoided anyway since both gig and final with LFC's possible inclusionbeing known months in advance. FIle under what do I know. Wedding present have also decided to postpone their gig - but that is in liverpool

Bad management, seriously, you know your artist has a crazy thing for football. Guaranteed they will double-check the CL calendar when it comes time to plan for 2019 touring.

Is the Wedding Present announcement serious? I thought they were having a laugh.
dodojojo

Postby Voodoo Billy » Fri May 11, 2018 11:44 am

dodojojo wrote:
fat cherry wrote:And with foresight, coulkdn't have been avoided anyway since both gig and final with LFC's possible inclusionbeing known months in advance. FIle under what do I know. Wedding present have also decided to postpone their gig - but that is in liverpool

Bad management, seriously, you know your artist has a crazy thing for football. Guaranteed they will double-check the CL calendar when it comes time to plan for 2019 touring.

Is the Wedding Present announcement serious? I thought they were having a laugh.

Shows how much confidence they have in LFC. :lol:
Voodoo Billy
Über Fan
Über Fan

PreviousNext

Return to Echo & The Bunnymen