New Album!!!

General discussion about the band, live shows, its recordings or bootlegs, etc. You can buy, sell or trade here. You can even post eBay links. If it's about the Bunnymen, it goes here.

Re: New Album!!!

Postby fat cherry » Sun Nov 26, 2017 3:34 am

Even more exciting news, middle daughter actually sent me the link to this, finally got one of them trained. I also note that all the anouncements on their fb page is using a 'strangerthings' hashtag. Mut have a new digital marketing dude. Hard to resist a trek to the albert hall, though nit sure i need five of everything. I can hear mrs fc as i write, 'are you playing that AGAIN? No love, this is the signed (yes signed) double gatefold picture disc, that other was the signed single heavyweight vinyl, and before that it was the tape, though the tape deck i got from ebay to play it on has chewed it up already (halfway through the orchestrated rap version of the idolness of gods too, #gutted already). Mrs fc - sorry, did you just use 'hashtag in normal speech, i'll tell you about disappointment etc
fat cherry
Über Fan
Über Fan

Postby crystal89 » Sun Nov 26, 2017 6:59 am

Shouldn’t this “new” record be called...

My “Indulgent” Kingdom by Ian McCulloch.
crystal89

Postby Mr. Brian » Sun Nov 26, 2017 7:33 am

King Of Kings wrote:
Must have writers Block

Too bad that didn't happen for The Fountain
Mr. Brian
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby Happy Death Man » Mon Nov 27, 2017 2:05 am

Is it just me or is this new album news a bit underwhelming? Strings and things ! Sadly, I'm not all that interested in a revamped orchestral version of Rescue or whatever.

Out of duty I'll probably buy the signed CD.
Happy Death Man

Postby Dr Cheese » Mon Nov 27, 2017 4:28 am

Mac on a mission to make classic tracks better? :rolleyes:

What's the betting it's going to be a pile of steaming turd.
And you know that I'll pick up
Every time you call
Just to thank you one more time
Alcohol
Dr Cheese
Über Fan
Über Fan

Postby Voodoo Billy » Mon Nov 27, 2017 10:14 am

Dr Cheese wrote:Mac on a mission to make classic tracks better? :rolleyes:

What's the betting it's going to be a pile of steaming turd.

Bit like Rooney coming back to Goodison to finish off what he started the first time. That seems to be working out tremendously.
Purveyor of the 'semi-predictable one-liner (which) embodies the essence of the type of comedic crap we grew to love here. VB is a crazy fool'
Voodoo Billy
Über Fan
Über Fan

Postby fat cherry » Mon Nov 27, 2017 5:39 pm

Soooooooo, is this an already available live album tarted up with new strings a la dead elvis and the royal philharmonic? Hmmm. I think when we got the albert hall ocean rain album i thought it wouldnt be such a bad thing to have the album rerecorded, because the arrangements were quite groovey. But, hmmmm, not so sure now. But then i am more and more, difficult to please. We'll see. Presumably any live vocals might have to be rerecorded.
fat cherry
Über Fan
Über Fan

Postby Happy Death Man » Mon Nov 27, 2017 11:52 pm

Does anybody else feel this odd obligation to get the album? After all these years I feel duty bound to buy each new bunnymen album as a matter of course. Same goes if they are doing a gig close to wherever my hat is laid at the time. I feel like I should go, like I owe it to them.
I've been on the verge of entering my PayPal account to pre-order the signed CD at least three times. So far I've resisted.
Happy Death Man

Postby Dr Cheese » Tue Nov 28, 2017 6:03 am

Happy Death Man wrote:Does anybody else feel this odd obligation to get the album?

No! I've got no interest in Mac's efforts to "improve" classic tracks, he needs a fucking good boot up the arse if you ask me.
And you know that I'll pick up
Every time you call
Just to thank you one more time
Alcohol
Dr Cheese
Über Fan
Über Fan

Postby Happy Death Man » Tue Nov 28, 2017 6:53 am

Yeah. I think I'm being too soft. Bollocks to the album !
Happy Death Man

Postby Stuart » Tue Nov 28, 2017 1:19 pm

Voodoo Billy wrote:And do they take payment for the items now? Six months seems a bloody long time for a pre-order, it's practically a pledge.

I only know about this album because I got an email off Pledge yesterday . There are no signed items and I'd already paid them before I knew you don't have to get it off them
It wouldn't work if Mac was a slaphead would it.
Stuart

Postby Happy Death Man » Tue Nov 28, 2017 11:42 pm

Yes, I noticed the Pledge stuff doesn't include the signed items. At least you didn't order it from Amazon. £14.99 and you don't even get Mac's autograph. :neutral:
Happy Death Man

Postby Voodoo Billy » Wed Nov 29, 2017 4:55 am

Apparently, if you pre-order by card you don't pay until it's released but if you pay by PayPal your money is debited instantly?
Purveyor of the 'semi-predictable one-liner (which) embodies the essence of the type of comedic crap we grew to love here. VB is a crazy fool'
Voodoo Billy
Über Fan
Über Fan

Postby fat cherry » Wed Nov 29, 2017 6:51 am

naahhhh HDM. Didn't buy the last two until I saw them in a shop and weakened, played a couple of times. Also the buy a bundle 6 months in advance is a bit cynical, not to mention prebook for shows large enough tht you'll probably be able to walk in on the day, but then these special collectors editions and prebookings always are aren't they. Do an album, bish bash bosh, stick it out, jobs a good one I say. Bit old school I suppose. I'll get me coat. As always though, happy to be proved wrong.
fat cherry
Über Fan
Über Fan

Postby fat cherry » Wed Nov 29, 2017 6:52 am

anyone spot the deliberate lie in my last post?
fat cherry
Über Fan
Über Fan

PreviousNext

Return to Echo & The Bunnymen