Victims or Culprits - You Decide

General discussion about the band, live shows, its recordings or bootlegs, etc. You can buy, sell or trade here. You can even post eBay links. If it's about the Bunnymen, it goes here.

Victims or Culprits - You Decide

Postby King Of Kings » Thu Feb 21, 2008 7:52 am

http://blogs.guardian.co.uk/music/2007/ ... nymen.html

IMO - Its All Macs Fault

But would they be the same if the had the same status as U2?

I think Worse

I DON'T kNOW WHAT APATHY MEANS AND I DON'T CARE
King Of Kings

Postby fat cherry » Thu Feb 21, 2008 8:21 am

ah, the old faithful. . You do know the drummer died dont you?
fat cherry
Über Fan
Über Fan

Postby fat cherry » Thu Feb 21, 2008 8:25 am

and my favourite album cover is heaven up here,, though I think the grey album is pretty good too. I know, its that controversial around here but I couldn't resist.
Last edited by fat cherry on Thu Feb 21, 2008 8:27 am, edited 1 time in total.
fat cherry
Über Fan
Über Fan

Postby fat cherry » Thu Feb 21, 2008 8:26 am

and when I die I'm going to have crocodiles played all the way through, just to see (from above the rafters) what happens when Happy Death Men comes on. Though I expect by that time they will have all pissed off to the pub.
fat cherry
Über Fan
Über Fan

Postby black francis » Thu Feb 21, 2008 12:11 pm

I dunno, I don't think their music has held up well at all. I dug out my "Crocodiles" LP a while back and it sounded pretty thin. "Heaven Up Here" has a good sound, but not many good songs. To me they (and particularly Ian McC) sound like young blokes too convinced of how cool they are. It's too much facade, very little substance. Apart from maybe "Killing Moon", I can't think of anything they did where I could say, That's a really good song.

Some people (myself included) just shouldn't be allowed on the internet.
With the Force as his ally he did battle with the Dark Lord. And he showed the measure of a true Jedi at a place called "The Death Star" where hope for the Galaxy was reborn. May all who struggle against tyranny hold his memory in their hearts
black francis
Bunnygod
Bunnygod

Postby JackT » Thu Feb 21, 2008 1:23 pm

black francis wrote:I dunno, I don't think their music has held up well at all. I dug out my "Crocodiles" LP a while back and it sounded pretty thin. "Heaven Up Here" has a good sound, but not many good songs. To me they (and particularly Ian McC) sound like young blokes too convinced of how cool they are. It's too much facade, very little substance. Apart from maybe "Killing Moon", I can't think of anything they did where I could say, That's a really good song.

I really want to kick that person. A lot. You would have to pull me away from their limp body as I just kept kicking and kicking and kicking. Then I would probably break away from you and get a few more kicks in, before I was finally subdued and dragged away. After that, I would bide my time. Months later, after I was apparently "over it", I would track down that person, and it would once again be kicking time.
"He was a mongoose, rather like a little cat in his fur and his tail, but quite like a weasel in his head and his habits."
JackT
Über Fan
Über Fan

Postby black francis » Thu Feb 21, 2008 1:40 pm

I'd be curious to know "what has held up well" just before unleashing Jack.
With the Force as his ally he did battle with the Dark Lord. And he showed the measure of a true Jedi at a place called "The Death Star" where hope for the Galaxy was reborn. May all who struggle against tyranny hold his memory in their hearts
black francis
Bunnygod
Bunnygod

Return to Echo & The Bunnymen