You heard it first here

General discussion about the band, live shows, its recordings or bootlegs, etc. You can buy, sell or trade here. You can even post eBay links. If it's about the Bunnymen, it goes here.

You heard it first here

Postby King Of Kings » Wed Feb 20, 2008 3:21 pm

You heard it first here

The Bunnys told a mate who told a mate who told me

Apparentlly Keith Richards of Rolling Stones fame like Wills guitar playing.

Anyway they have been asked to open and play support for the Stones 2009 tour

Yes Thats Right the Fucking Rolling Stones - I swear ITS TRUE ON MY LIFE

The king of kings told you first

The new Album is not going to be available until after September RAH

The support is still unconfirmed

If I post this on the oher Side I will be banned for sure
King Of Kings

Postby black francis » Wed Feb 20, 2008 4:04 pm

Brian can we get this guy banned? Obviously he is a trouble maker. We don't deal in rumors and innuendo over here buddy!
With the Force as his ally he did battle with the Dark Lord. And he showed the measure of a true Jedi at a place called "The Death Star" where hope for the Galaxy was reborn. May all who struggle against tyranny hold his memory in their hearts
black francis
Bunnygod
Bunnygod

Postby Mr. Brian » Wed Feb 20, 2008 4:12 pm

That's alot of Geritol!

I have no reason to doubt you except the friend who told a friend who told me part. Sounds like a game of telephone to me.

You said this is true "on your life", so if it's not true then since we can't take your actual life can we ban you if this turns out to be hogwash? Deal? I don't want to do that, I enjoy your input and I am glad you post here but that's a big rumor to start if you are lying.

If it turns out to be true...um...I dunno. We'll work on something. Maybe a gift card to Bennigan's or something.

Class? What do you think? Is KoK on the up and up? If it's true what do you think?
Mr. Brian
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby blinkilite » Wed Feb 20, 2008 4:12 pm

you're just yankin' our chains....

in a similar story, my aunt ran into keiff richards at a gardening store in connecticut a few years ago... said he was very nice, and wore a very large silver skull ring, which she noticed while he was reaching for some plants.... :lol: :lol:
not just another drop in the ocean
blinkilite

Postby King Of Kings » Wed Feb 20, 2008 4:13 pm

ITS SUPPOSED TO BE A SECRET
:wink: :wink: :wink: :wink: :wink:
hUSSSSSHHHHHH :twisted: [/justify]
King Of Kings

Postby King Of Kings » Wed Feb 20, 2008 4:19 pm

blinkilite wrote:you're just yankin' our chains....

in a similar story, my aunt ran into keiff richards at a gardening store in connecticut a few years ago... said he was very nice, and wore a very large silver skull ring, which she noticed while he was reaching for some plants.... :lol: :lol:

I'm not intentionally lying- Why would I - What Have I to Gain

I got a phone call earlier this eveing. (A frend from a freind senerio)

Your right I dunno for sure, but the source is reliable

What ever happened to the Cold play Tour ?

It if the whisper turn out to be true what a scope.
King Of Kings

Postby blinkilite » Wed Feb 20, 2008 4:19 pm

also, does this mean our bunnymen/stones tickets are going to cost $350 for good seats?

you know some of us fangirls like being right up front, and we can't afford those rolling stones prices... :wink:
blinkilite

Postby black francis » Wed Feb 20, 2008 4:26 pm

Mr. Brian wrote:That's alot of Geritol!

I have no reason to doubt you except the friend who told a friend who told me part. Sounds like a game of telephone to me.

You said this is true "on your life", so if it's not true then since we can't take your actual life can we ban you if this turns out to be hogwash? Deal? I don't want to do that, I enjoy your input and I am glad you post here but that's a big rumor to start if you are lying.

If it turns out to be true...um...I dunno. We'll work on something. Maybe a gift card to Bennigan's or something.

Class? What do you think? Is KoK on the up and up? If it's true what do you think?

I think KoK is on the up and up and I don't believe he is lying at all.

Unfortunately I'd rather slam vital parts of my anatomy in a car door than hang out with a crowd of Rolling Stones fans or pay Rolling Stone ticket prices.
With the Force as his ally he did battle with the Dark Lord. And he showed the measure of a true Jedi at a place called "The Death Star" where hope for the Galaxy was reborn. May all who struggle against tyranny hold his memory in their hearts
black francis
Bunnygod
Bunnygod

Postby Mr. Brian » Wed Feb 20, 2008 4:40 pm

yeah I don't think Bunnymen fans gain anything by this and chances are they will be booed by that sort of crowd at times. I always feel bad for opening bands at that level. You don't pay $350 to see the opener.

Love em or hate em, opening for Coldplay would make more sense than the Stones. I think the Coldplay thing got the kibosh because Mac said something to the press about it and it pissed off Chris Martin or something like that which i never quite understood.

Stones, I just can't see it happening but I'm sure it would pay nicely.

As for what would KoK have to gain...lot's of people start rumors just to see how far they will go. Not saying it's true here but it does happen.
Mr. Brian
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby black francis » Wed Feb 20, 2008 4:46 pm

He seems like a decent guy so I doubt he is starting a rumor for rumor's sake.

Didn't the Rolling Stones fans boo Guns N' Roses off the stage? WTF? One of the greatest rock bands ever in their prime and they want to see the Stones waaaaaaaayyyy past their prime? Fools. If the Bunnymen play Lips Like Sugar first then The Killing moon next they stand a chance.

I thought the Coldplay thing cooled off after Mac made some comments about Live 8. But the Mac/Coldplay connection was brought up way too much in the press and can you imagine Mac really hanging out with Gwyneth Paltrow? It would kill him.
black francis
Bunnygod
Bunnygod

Postby zabird » Wed Feb 20, 2008 4:57 pm

black francis wrote:I think KoK is on the up and up and I don't believe he is lying at all.

Unfortunately I'd rather slam vital parts of my anatomy in a car door than hang out with a crowd of Rolling Stones fans or pay Rolling Stone ticket prices.

I'm with you (esp. the prices part) ... plus there's that thing about billing ... would Mac really play second fiddle to Mick and Keef? And is there really that much cross appeal? I'm trying to picture the Bunny crowd and the Stones crowd in the same arena. Of course, some fans like both bands, but to quote the Robot from Lost in Space ... "that does not compute!"
zabird
Über Fan
Über Fan

Postby Fish Hook Girl » Wed Feb 20, 2008 5:00 pm

:rolleyes: Let me call up my friend Madonna and see if she wants them to open for her too.
Fish Hook Girl

Postby blinkilite » Wed Feb 20, 2008 6:23 pm

King of kings, i don't think you are a liar, i just find it hard to believe. i think it would be great exposure for the band to play such big arenas, but its a double edged sword... as the issues stated above (stones fans don't like the bunnymen, and we can't afford stones ticket prices)

it would be cool tho
blinkilite

Postby Red » Wed Feb 20, 2008 8:19 pm

blinkilite wrote:(stones fans don't like the bunnymen,

but how does everyone know the Stones fans don't like the Bunnymen? the Bunnymen *are* Stones fans! so if said Stones fans are creating bunny music, doesn't that mean a lot of the rest of them will like theBunnymen too? i like the Stones........and i like the Bunnymen! my daughter saw the Stones on one of their recent tours...they managed to fool the guards and get right to the stage too! hahahaa but i dunno, i probably wouldn't go, can't afford it, would rather buy a plane ticket for the same amount of money and see a smaller gig in the UK! :wink: :lol:
Red
Über Fan
Über Fan

Postby insanejane » Wed Feb 20, 2008 9:15 pm

I thought that Keith had never heard of most of the bands that opened for the Stones in the past?

If what KOK says is true, I'd leave after the Bunnymen's last song. I never liked the Stones.

Still here. :biggrin: The satellite shooting's been postponed.
insanejane

Next

Return to Echo & The Bunnymen