Where'd the link to VT on the official forum go???

General discussion about the band, live shows, its recordings or bootlegs, etc. You can buy, sell or trade here. You can even post eBay links. If it's about the Bunnymen, it goes here.

Postby withahip » Sun Feb 17, 2008 10:55 am

black francis wrote:I think they should be more concerned about getting Mac clean and his general well being before trying to put a lid on discussions about coke use on a different forum. Sure we've discussed Mac and STDs, Mac giving me head lice and Mac and God knows what else but I put blame squarely on Frank the Bunny. I say ban him and his evil ways.

withahip
Über Fan
Über Fan

Postby Dave Smith » Sun Feb 17, 2008 11:46 am

Mr. Brian wrote:Peter informed me via e-mail that management asked him to remove my site from the links because of discussions on this forum about Mac's alleged ilovesausages habit. For you newcomers that means cocaine.

He seemed earnest and cordial but I replied that there are probably plenty of reasons not to link back to my site and that subject was very convenient. I went on to say that I think that very topic is relevant since it may contribute to the poor output from Mac lately.

Blimey-they are scared.Fantastic-the management are reading this forum.But why?Do we make any difference to the output of the band?No.Do they take any notice of the official forums opinion?No.Do they think they are the scouse mafia?Yes.

And with regards to Mac's drug intake I suggest they inform their client not to mention it in any interviews anymore.I've got tons of clippings where Mac is only too happy to discuss his past/present whatever.Recently when asked of his memory of Pete he stated 'doing naughty things in record company toilets'.Did he mean not washing his hands after a pee?As somebody has said-they should concentrate on getting a nearly 50 year old man clean before he has a heart attack.They wont get 10% then.
Dave Smith
Über Fan
Über Fan

Postby insanejane » Sun Feb 17, 2008 2:35 pm

Dave Smith wrote:Blimey-they are scared.Fantastic-the management are reading this forum.But why?Do we make any difference to the output of the band?No.Do they take any notice of the official forums opinion?No.Do they think they are the scouse mafia?Yes.

And with regards to Mac's drug intake I suggest they inform their client not to mention it in any interviews anymore.I've got tons of clippings where Mac is only too happy to discuss his past/present whatever.Recently when asked of his memory of Pete he stated 'doing naughty things in record company toilets'.Did he mean not washing his hands after a pee?As somebody has said-they should concentrate on getting a nearly 50 year old man clean before he has a heart attack.They wont get 10% then.

Mac shouldn't let it get to the point where he can't even sing on stage anymore because his nose is bleeding so much. That's what was happening to Stevie Nicks as the inside of her nose was rotting out. I know it must be a really, really hard thing to beat but I wish he would give it a try, not just for the fan's sake but most importantly for his own health. Maybe we can contact Stevie for an intervention!
insanejane

Postby Frank The Bunny » Sun Feb 17, 2008 2:40 pm

insanejane wrote:Mac shouldn't let it get to the point where he can't even sing on stage anymore because his nose is bleeding so much. That's what was happening to Stevie Nicks as the inside of her nose was rotting out.

I really wish I hadn't been eating breakfast when I read that.
Frank The Bunny
Über Fan
Über Fan

Postby Scouser » Sun Feb 17, 2008 3:17 pm

Id still have done her, bleeding nose or not. Mind you last time I saw her she looked like Delia Smith.

Its obvious people from the dark side read VT. Its the only place the management get a true barometer of what the fans REALLY think. Thats why the new album is titled "Ghosts and UFOs".

Maybe.
Mr. Brian, I find that offensive.

Scouser's inability to se others' point of view is rather grating.
Scouser
Über Fan
Über Fan

Postby withahip » Sun Feb 17, 2008 9:09 pm

I understand the official forum not allowing this stuff. Poor guy running the official site does it for free while following all the legal guidelines and keeping Will and Mac happy.

So it is the official forum but not the forum of record.
withahip
Über Fan
Über Fan

Postby Frank The Bunny » Sun Feb 17, 2008 9:47 pm

withahip wrote:I understand the official forum not allowing this stuff. Poor guy running the official site does it for free while following all the legal guidelines and keeping Will and Mac happy.

So it is the official forum but not the forum of record.

The point is - by removing the link to this site, the "poor guy" is trying to extend his reach and control sites he has no business controlling. Whether it's hm or management who made the decision, it's still bullshit.

I suspect it has more to do with an upcoming "controversial" interview, than with us dangerously exposing Ian McCulloch's cocain habit.
Frank The Bunny
Über Fan
Über Fan

Postby insanejane » Sun Feb 17, 2008 10:59 pm

In a way, Peter has NO control. There is practically NO free speech allowed on that forum. I've been on other artist's forums too and the lawyers are on top of the webmasters every minute. Text is removed all the time and/or lawsuits are threatened.

I don't have too much of a problem with the other forum or Peter's hands, since they seem to be tied. I'm more worried about Mac's nose. There can't be a forum if there's no Bunnymen.That forum is what it is. It's not very interesting BECAUSE of all the rules.

I'm glad I can say what I want here, because on the internet and especially these days in America, it's EXTREMELY hard to be allowed to truly practice free speech.
insanejane

Postby zabird » Sun Feb 17, 2008 11:13 pm

Frank The Bunny wrote:I suspect it has more to do with an upcoming "controversial" interview, than with us dangerously exposing Ian McCulloch's cocain habit.

what's this about an upcoming controversial interview? spill, Frank, spill!

I abhor censorship, which is one of the many reasons I'm glad this site exists.

Isn't that Ilovesausages habit openly discussed in "Turquoise Days" and/or the liner notes in "Crystal Days"?
zabird
Über Fan
Über Fan

Postby Frank The Bunny » Sun Feb 17, 2008 11:13 pm

insanejane wrote:In a way, Peter has NO control. There is practically NO free speech allowed on that forum. I've been on other artist's forums too and the lawyers are on top of the webmasters every minute. Text is removed all the time and/or lawsuits are threatened.

I don't have too much of a problem with the other forum or Peter's hands, since they seem to be tied. I'm more worried about Mac's nose. There can't be a forum if there's no Bunnymen.That forum is what it is. It's not very interesting BECAUSE of all the rules.

I'm glad I can say what I want here, because on the internet and especially these days in America, it's EXTREMELY hard to be allowed to truly practice free speech.

I guess we'll have to agree to disagree.

I don't think the forum rules were imposed by a panel of corporate attorneys.

"Bunnymen inc" is very much a mom and pop operation, and I think much of the (poor) decision making is made directly by Peter. Sure, it's backed up by management, but it started with Peter.

If everyone was so ready to accuse previous webmasters of similar censorship during their tenures, then the same should stand under Peter's custodianship.
Frank The Bunny
Über Fan
Über Fan

Postby withahip » Sun Feb 17, 2008 11:29 pm

Frank The Bunny wrote:I guess we'll have to agree to disagree.

If everyone was so ready to accuse previous webmasters of similar censorship during their tenures, then the same should stand under Peter's custodianship.

What if we learned more in the interim? What if we had no knowledge of the type of rules the webmaster operates under? A judgement can change as new info comes to light. No?

I don't think it is healthy to just tay angry. Some seem to like to, though.
withahip
Über Fan
Über Fan

Postby Frank The Bunny » Mon Feb 18, 2008 8:59 am

withahip wrote:I don't think it is healthy to just tay angry. Some seem to like to, though.

I'm not angry. I'm disgusted.

This is a decision based in Liverpool. Guaranteed.

Ian McCulloch probably isn't even aware of it. He doesn't give two fucks about the web.
Will Sergeant is probably aware of it, doesn't like it, but keeps his mouth shut until he's at the pub to complain about it to his friends.

Labels do not impose these limitations.

Look again at professionally-run entertainment websites and their forums.
Forums owned and operated by Universal and Newscorp and Viacom.

You'll see "official" forums for bands, movies, tv shows... and people are allowed to talk about controversial subjects, for the most part.

The decision to censor and sanitize was made by a small mind trying to insulate an addict from the reality of his own demons.
Frank The Bunny
Über Fan
Über Fan

Postby Mr. Brian » Mon Feb 18, 2008 9:03 am

zabird wrote:what's this about an upcoming controversial interview? spill, Frank, spill!

I think he's just referring to the Noel Burke thing that I am arranging here. I don't think it will be controversial and it's not intended to be as such. It's just meant to get a perspective on that short period of the the Bunnymen legacy.
Mr. Brian
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby Frank The Bunny » Mon Feb 18, 2008 9:17 am

Mr. Brian wrote:I think he's just referring to the Noel Burke thing that I am arranging here. I don't think it will be controversial and it's not intended to be as such. It's just meant to get a perspective on that short period of the the Bunnymen legacy.

That's right.
And I'm not saying the content of the interview will stir the pot.
I'm just saying that any interview with any former member of the band is likely to send a few ripples through bunnycamp.

They don't really like what they can't control.

So, they remove the link to this forum.

See no evil, hear no evil, speak no evil.
Frank The Bunny
Über Fan
Über Fan

Postby withahip » Mon Feb 18, 2008 1:42 pm

Frank The Bunny wrote:That's right.
And I'm not saying the content of the interview will stir the pot.
I'm just saying that any interview with any former member of the band is likely to send a few ripples through bunnycamp.

They don't really like what they can't control.

So, they remove the link to this forum.

See no evil, hear no evil, speak no evil.

Ok, you switched from it being Peter to them. This is what I am saying.
Otherwise, I hear ya.
withahip
Über Fan
Über Fan

PreviousNext

Return to Echo & The Bunnymen