Where'd the link to VT on the official forum go???

General discussion about the band, live shows, its recordings or bootlegs, etc. You can buy, sell or trade here. You can even post eBay links. If it's about the Bunnymen, it goes here.

Where'd the link to VT on the official forum go???

Postby Frank The Bunny » Sat Feb 16, 2008 6:42 pm

Seems to me somebody's getting nervous about this forum.

Upcoming interview with Noel Burke....

Not pressurized, pasteurized, sanitized and hermetically sealed.

Peter, if you're reading this...what the fuck??!!
I mean, do you really need to spread your stranglehold on free speech to this site too?

Really, man...

Is this a surprise to you, Mr. Brian?
Frank The Bunny
Über Fan
Über Fan

Postby Mr. Brian » Sat Feb 16, 2008 6:53 pm

Peter informed me via e-mail that management asked him to remove my site from the links because of discussions on this forum about Mac's alleged ilovesausages habit. For you newcomers that means cocaine.

He seemed earnest and cordial but I replied that there are probably plenty of reasons not to link back to my site and that subject was very convenient. I went on to say that I think that very topic is relevant since it may contribute to the poor output from Mac lately.
Last edited by Mr. Brian on Sat Feb 16, 2008 6:56 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Mr. Brian
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby Frank The Bunny » Sat Feb 16, 2008 6:55 pm

Thanks, Brian. And might I add... that sucks ass.

Note to Peter: U Can't Touch This

<object width="425" height="355"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/b9nptjUs9FM&rel=1"></param><param name="wmode" value="transparent"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/b9nptjUs9FM&rel=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" wmode="transparent" width="425" height="355"></embed></object>
Frank The Bunny
Über Fan
Über Fan

Postby Mr. Brian » Sat Feb 16, 2008 6:58 pm

I aint sweating it too much. According to my stats the official site ranks in at #9 for referrals to this site. I get far more traffic from Google searches and Wikipedia links. To be fair, my old posts are still there that contain my signature with the link to this site, so we will see what happens with that.
Mr. Brian
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby Frank The Bunny » Sat Feb 16, 2008 7:01 pm

Note to Mac:

<object width="425" height="355"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/t-8OaLG1fCE&rel=1"></param><param name="wmode" value="transparent"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/t-8OaLG1fCE&rel=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" wmode="transparent" width="425" height="355"></embed></object>

A million magic crystals, painted pure and white
A multi-million dollars almost overnight
Twice as sweet as sugar, twice as bitter as salt
And if you get hooked, baby, it's nobody else's fault, so don't do it!
Frank The Bunny
Über Fan
Über Fan

Postby JackT » Sat Feb 16, 2008 7:10 pm

Frank The Bunny wrote:Thanks, Brian. And might I add... that sucks ass.

Note to Peter: U Can't Touch This

Would it be fair to say that we are 2 legit 2 quit?
"He was a mongoose, rather like a little cat in his fur and his tail, but quite like a weasel in his head and his habits."
JackT
Über Fan
Über Fan

Postby Frank The Bunny » Sat Feb 16, 2008 7:18 pm

JackT wrote:Would it be fair to say that we are 2 legit 2 quit?

Well played, JackT.

And thanks for getting that fucking song stuck in my head.
You're a bigger asshole than Peter.
Maybe I should do a "who's the biggest asshole?" poll
Frank The Bunny
Über Fan
Über Fan

Postby JackT » Sat Feb 16, 2008 7:27 pm

Frank The Bunny wrote:Well played, JackT.

And thanks for getting that fucking song stuck in my head.
You're a bigger asshole than Peter.
Maybe I should do a "who's the biggest asshole?" poll

You could probably get it to be a sticky. Like I got your mom sticky.
"He was a mongoose, rather like a little cat in his fur and his tail, but quite like a weasel in his head and his habits."
JackT
Über Fan
Über Fan

Postby Fish Hook Girl » Sat Feb 16, 2008 8:21 pm

But we are getting someone's attention. Notice the disclaimer on the front page of bunnymen.com explaining what is going on. And it's written in easy to understand English. Wow!

As for the removal of the VT link from the official forum -- I didn't know censorship could stretch across two websites.

YOU CAN'T HANDLE THE TRUTH!
Fish Hook Girl

Postby JackT » Sat Feb 16, 2008 8:56 pm

Heh scissorsinthesand has a very amusing thread over there.
JackT
Über Fan
Über Fan

Postby zabird » Sat Feb 16, 2008 8:57 pm

Fish Hook Girl wrote:But we are getting someone's attention. Notice the disclaimer on the front page of bunnymen.com explaining what is going on. And it's written in easy to understand English. Wow!

As for the removal of the VT link from the official forum -- I didn't know censorship could stretch across two websites.

YOU CAN'T HANDLE THE TRUTH!

Amen, sister!

note that the picture has been changed too. More than one bunnyman now.

they may not be able to control what's said over here, but they appear to be reading it. that's a start.

The truth is out there ... on the VT board :razz:
zabird
Über Fan
Über Fan

Postby withahip » Sun Feb 17, 2008 2:42 am

I think it is funny that I got a lecture and a tongue lashing on this website by someone posting here now when I mentioned the coke habit. Same person yammering for the truth was all about how terrible it was to bring it up before.
withahip
Über Fan
Über Fan

Postby Fish Hook Girl » Sun Feb 17, 2008 5:40 am

withahip wrote:I think it is funny that I got a lecture and a tongue lashing on this website by someone posting here now when I mentioned the coke habit. Same person yammering for the truth was all about how terrible it was to bring it up before.

For one last time -- there's opinion, criticism and slander. Honest and open opinion and criticism is a faction of freedom of speech. Open bashing and borderline slander is unnecessary (in my opinion). At times certain posts have fallen into the latter category. It is those posts that get me worked up.

I never said the idea of a coke habit couldn't be mentioned. Ever. Go back and review the posts. Please let's not start this bullshit again. Please.

And by the way, the "you can't handle the truth" tagline wasn't referring to any supposed coke habit.
Fish Hook Girl

Postby withahip » Sun Feb 17, 2008 10:31 am

Actually, now that I look that post was Frank back in October. Not me.
Love the pic in your avatar, Frank. :razz:
withahip
Über Fan
Über Fan

Postby black francis » Sun Feb 17, 2008 10:45 am

Mr. Brian wrote:Peter informed me via e-mail that management asked him to remove my site from the links because of discussions on this forum about Mac's alleged ilovesausages habit. For you newcomers that means cocaine.

He seemed earnest and cordial but I replied that there are probably plenty of reasons not to link back to my site and that subject was very convenient. I went on to say that I think that very topic is relevant since it may contribute to the poor output from Mac lately.

I think they should be more concerned about getting Mac clean and his general well being before trying to put a lid on discussions about coke use on a different forum. Sure we've discussed Mac and STDs, Mac giving me head lice and Mac and God knows what else but I put blame squarely on Frank the Bunny. I say ban him and his evil ways.
With the Force as his ally he did battle with the Dark Lord. And he showed the measure of a true Jedi at a place called "The Death Star" where hope for the Galaxy was reborn. May all who struggle against tyranny hold his memory in their hearts
black francis
Bunnygod
Bunnygod

Next

Return to Echo & The Bunnymen