Where'd the link to VT on the official forum go???

General discussion about the band, live shows, its recordings or bootlegs, etc. You can buy, sell or trade here. You can even post eBay links. If it's about the Bunnymen, it goes here.

Postby Fish Hook Girl » Mon Feb 18, 2008 1:52 pm

I think the link was removed because of the overall criticism leveled towards the website, forum, band, webmaster, whatever.

Remember the first simple rule of the official forum. Check your mind at the door.
Fish Hook Girl

Postby Frank The Bunny » Mon Feb 18, 2008 1:53 pm

withahip wrote:Ok, you switched from it being Peter to them. This is what I am saying.
Otherwise, I hear ya.

I think it was 100% Peter's decision to impose censorship on his site.
I think it was Peter that freaked out when he saw that Brian scored the Noel Burke interview, and decided to trump up bullshit reasons to remove the link.

Do management support his decisions?
Of course they do. He's "their guy"... and more importantly, he works for FREE.
Frank The Bunny
Über Fan
Über Fan

Postby insanejane » Mon Feb 18, 2008 7:48 pm

I wonder if Amy Winehouse has a fan forum and if the fans openly discuss her drug use?

Yesterday I watched two American media persons, both women, one arguing for and one arguing against Amy winning all those grammys. The one against Amy said that because of the drug use she shouldn't have won. The other woman brought up the fact that in the 60's drugs went along with the territory when you were a rock musician and it certainly didn't affect the performance or music. And nobody cared.
I remember reading though, that when it was pot and lsd, the music wasn't affected. Coke is what screwed everything up.

Mr. Frank, you make Peter sound like an evil scientist watching us through some crystal ball from his lab. :wink:
insanejane

Postby black francis » Mon Feb 18, 2008 8:22 pm

insanejane wrote:I wonder if Amy Winehouse has a fan forum and if the fans openly discuss her drug use?

Yesterday I watched two American media persons, both women, one arguing for and one arguing against Amy winning all those grammys. The one against Amy said that because of the drug use she shouldn't have won. The other woman brought up the fact that in the 60's drugs went along with the territory when you were a rock musician and it certainly didn't affect the performance or music. And nobody cared.
I remember reading though, that when it was pot and lsd, the music wasn't affected. Coke is what screwed everything up.

Mr. Frank, you make Peter sound like an evil scientist watching us through some crystal ball from his lab. :wink:

I like how crackhead Natalie Cole said Winehouse shouldn't have won. I wish Winehouse would say I'll give back my awards when you give back yours.
With the Force as his ally he did battle with the Dark Lord. And he showed the measure of a true Jedi at a place called "The Death Star" where hope for the Galaxy was reborn. May all who struggle against tyranny hold his memory in their hearts
black francis
Bunnygod
Bunnygod

Postby Frank The Bunny » Mon Feb 18, 2008 10:12 pm

insanejane wrote:Mr. Frank, you make Peter sound like an evil scientist watching us through some crystal ball from his lab. :wink:

I can't decide whether he's The Hooded Claw from "The Perils of Penelope Pitstop" or Renfield from "Dracula"
Frank The Bunny
Über Fan
Über Fan

Postby withahip » Tue Feb 19, 2008 12:37 am

insanejane wrote: I remember reading though, that when it was pot and lsd, the music wasn't affected. Coke is what screwed everything up.

Have you never listened to ELO? Dude was the biggest cokehead . .er, oh, yeah right.
withahip
Über Fan
Über Fan

Postby fat cherry » Tue Feb 19, 2008 5:42 am

Dave Smith wrote:Blimey-they are scared.

what? as in 'mummy mummy the big boys are picking on me again. Overstating it a bit wouldn't you say? oh mummy mummy they removed my link. there there son, dont worry, have a sniff of this.

though, as I'm bored I thought I'd do a bit of research on other site's attitude to fans discussions, but only got as far as 'thecure.com and curefans.com and all I found were people moaning about the setlist - yes really - and how they ought to play more of the new stuff. Oh and Perry's been sacked. I thought he was a good friend of the chubby whiney voiced respectable face of goth? Mind you, so was Lol and look what happened to him.

Chez.
fat cherry
Über Fan
Über Fan

Postby withahip » Tue Feb 19, 2008 11:52 am

fat cherry wrote: on other site's attitude to fans discussions, but only got as far as 'thecure.com and curefans.com and all I found were people moaning about the setlist - yes really - and how they ought to play more of the new stuff. Oh and Perry's been sacked. I thought he was a good friend of the chubby whiney voiced respectable face of goth? Mind you, so was Lol and look what happened to him.

Chez.

Who was it around here who slammed me on the official board for saying Rodger O'Donnell is really missed in the new line-up?
withahip
Über Fan
Über Fan

Postby Frank The Bunny » Tue Feb 19, 2008 12:03 pm

withahip wrote:Who was it around here who slammed me on the official board for saying Rodger O'Donnell is really missed in the new line-up?

Can't stand Roger O'Donnell.
In concert, he uses that glass-breaking sample way too much, inappropriately, and in the wrong songs.
Frank The Bunny
Über Fan
Über Fan

Postby black francis » Tue Feb 19, 2008 12:17 pm

Is the glass breaking sample ever appropriate? Even in Plainsong it seems a bit cheesy.

Seen the Cure twice. Both long ass shows. First one eh whatever. The second at Curiosa was amazing. Expensive as fuck but worth it to see them and Interpol on the same stage.
With the Force as his ally he did battle with the Dark Lord. And he showed the measure of a true Jedi at a place called "The Death Star" where hope for the Galaxy was reborn. May all who struggle against tyranny hold his memory in their hearts
black francis
Bunnygod
Bunnygod

Postby withahip » Tue Feb 19, 2008 3:06 pm

black francis wrote:Is the glass breaking sample ever appropriate? Even in Plainsong it seems a bit cheesy.

That smashing glass totally makes that song. Kind of.
withahip
Über Fan
Über Fan

Postby insanejane » Tue Feb 19, 2008 5:54 pm

withahip wrote:Have you never listened to ELO? Dude was the biggest cokehead . .er, oh, yeah right.

I was just quoting the book "Laurel Canyon" about all the American and British bands that played Hollywood from the 60's-80's. A lot hung around together, including Led Zeppelin, Cream, Sex Pistols, got high at American musician's houses but according to a lot of them things got strange when coke entered the picture. Everyone's demeanor changed.People became more greedy and materialistic. No one was a welcome neighbor anymore.The Manson and the Wonderland murders happened. People started locking their doors.

I'm not saying using certain drugs like pot or lsd makes better music than coke, it's just something I thought was interesting in the book.

I never got into Electric Light Orchestra but some time I'll be sure to give it a listen. :biggrin:
insanejane

Postby withahip » Tue Feb 19, 2008 6:05 pm

Well, you know the stories of the CIA's hand in the introduction of crack to certain segments of the US population.
withahip
Über Fan
Über Fan

Postby zabird » Tue Feb 19, 2008 6:51 pm

insanejane wrote:

I'm not saying using certain drugs like pot or lsd makes better music than coke, it's just something I thought was interesting in the book.

I don't know how you could play guitar or drums on LSD. I could barely flip burgers while tripping :confused:
zabird
Über Fan
Über Fan

Postby Mr. Brian » Tue Feb 19, 2008 7:24 pm

zabird wrote:I don't know how you could play guitar or drums on LSD. I could barely flip burgers while tripping :confused:

You can but it just seems like you are flipping burgers
Mr. Brian
Site Admin
Site Admin

PreviousNext

Return to Echo & The Bunnymen