demos

General discussion about the band, live shows, its recordings or bootlegs, etc. You can buy, sell or trade here. You can even post eBay links. If it's about the Bunnymen, it goes here.

Postby redgumball » Mon Feb 18, 2008 3:00 pm

thanks much for the demos. Now me want more!!! Like a sick dope fiend I am afraid..

THANKS AGAIN! :eek: :biggrin:
redgumball

Postby Mr. Brian » Tue Feb 19, 2008 9:54 am

canon wrote:weird, why can't i make a new topic when i did before?

Because of the spam issues the forum has been having I have changed it so that new members must have a certain number of posts prior to starting a new topic. The spam posts were always new topics by new members. At least if i see a new member posting suspiciously to get a post count, it may tip us off, but I still think that the spam posts were from bots that have found a way to work the activation part of becoming a forum member. Sorry for the inconveience

Anyway, back to the topic...

The mp3's are not tagged *argh I hate that* so here is the songlisting from the original blog post:

01. Ocean Rain (Alt. Take)
02. Silver (Alt. Take)
03. The Killing Moon
04. The Killing Moon (Dreamy Alternate Take)
05. The Killing Moon (New Take)
06. The Killing Moon (Original Demo - Down To Dalton)
07. The Killing Moon (Brush + Strings Mix)
08. The Killing Moon (Electric Plug Mix)
09. Seven Seas (Heavy Xylo Intro)
10. Seven Seas (Live)
11. Angels & Devils (Alt. Take)
12. Thorn Of Crowns (Live)
13. Watch Out Below
14. Nocturnal Me (Demo)
15. My Kingdom (Alt. Take)
16. September Song (Ian Mcculloch Bonus)
Mr. Brian
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby blinkilite » Tue Feb 19, 2008 11:46 am

Mr. Brian wrote:04. The Killing Moon (Dreamy Alternate Take)

heh, i wonder what makes it "dreamy" :lol:

thanks for posting, i will download later when i am at home
not just another drop in the ocean
blinkilite

Postby Mr. Brian » Tue Feb 19, 2008 12:01 pm

Some of these appear to be live takes somewhere and not demos I don't have access to all the songs to compare right now but the brush and strings one may be the Play At Home version and that Electric Plug one sounds like there may be the beginning of applause at the end. Still good stuff if you have not heard some of these.
Mr. Brian
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby Fish Hook Girl » Tue Feb 19, 2008 4:50 pm

Is there any trick to picking the right download thing on RapidShare the first time? I'm on the free system. Thanks.
Fish Hook Girl

Postby zabird » Wed Feb 20, 2008 1:58 am

Fish Hook Girl wrote:Is there any trick to picking the right download thing on RapidShare the first time? I'm on the free system. Thanks.

can you pick one, or do you have to go with the one that's assigned to you? and is there a trick to downloading stuff for free, and not having to wait for X number of minutes before you can download the next free stuff?

btw, I'm loving all this downloaded music :cool:
zabird
Über Fan
Über Fan

Postby Fish Hook Girl » Wed Feb 20, 2008 9:17 am

zabird wrote:can you pick one, or do you have to go with the one that's assigned to you? and is there a trick to downloading stuff for free, and not having to wait for X number of minutes before you can download the next free stuff?

btw, I'm loving all this downloaded music :cool:

I think it's hit or miss. Sometimes I go with the one that's assigned and other times I choose. I was able to download part two on the first try. But so far, I've been unable to snag part one. I don't think there's a way around the countdown, though.

Considering all of this stuff is free, I guess I shouldn't complain!
Fish Hook Girl

Postby starsabove » Wed Feb 20, 2008 9:49 am

I've managed to get both but they seem to be the same - I'm listening as I type - the same filenames/file sizes etc.

Ocean Rain is amazing - so different without the violins
starsabove
Just Tuned In
Just Tuned In

Postby Red » Wed Feb 20, 2008 10:47 am

Fish Hook Girl wrote:. I don't think there's a way around the countdown, though.

Considering all of this stuff is free, I guess I shouldn't complain!

yeah really! i don't see why anyone would think it was such a big deal to wait a whole 45 secs, or a minute even, to get a bunch of FREE music! :rolleyes:
Red
Über Fan
Über Fan

Postby Frank The Bunny » Wed Feb 20, 2008 10:50 am

Remember the old dial-up days, when it would take hours/days to download this amount of stuff?
Frank The Bunny
Über Fan
Über Fan

Postby Red » Wed Feb 20, 2008 11:02 am

Frank The Bunny wrote:Remember the old dial-up days, when it would take hours/days to download this amount of stuff?

DON'T REMIND ME!!!!!!!!!!!! :lol:
Red
Über Fan
Über Fan

Postby Fish Hook Girl » Wed Feb 20, 2008 11:06 am

Red wrote:yeah really! i don't see why anyone would think it was such a big deal to wait a whole 45 secs, or a minute even, to get a bunch of FREE music! :rolleyes:

Oh yes! And after waiting a whole 45 secs, or a minute even, and then the file isn't available, so then I wait another whole 45 secs, or a minute even, and then the file isn't available again, so then I wait another whole 45 secs, or a minute even, and then the file isn't available again and then after an hour of this, I still haven't gotten the file. But I'm not complaining because I'm getting a bunch of FREE music. :lol:

Have you ever tried to download from RapidShare? Sometimes it's an exercise in extreme patience.
Fish Hook Girl

Postby black francis » Wed Feb 20, 2008 11:51 am

I just downloaded the files and it just reminds me why The Killing Moon is still the greatest song ever written. I don't give a fuck what Mac sounds like when it comes to that song.
With the Force as his ally he did battle with the Dark Lord. And he showed the measure of a true Jedi at a place called "The Death Star" where hope for the Galaxy was reborn. May all who struggle against tyranny hold his memory in their hearts
black francis
Bunnygod
Bunnygod

Postby black francis » Wed Feb 20, 2008 11:53 am

Frank The Bunny wrote:Remember the old dial-up days, when it would take hours/days to download this amount of stuff?

I remember those dial-up days but not as fondly as I remember the hours/days spent with your mother.
With the Force as his ally he did battle with the Dark Lord. And he showed the measure of a true Jedi at a place called "The Death Star" where hope for the Galaxy was reborn. May all who struggle against tyranny hold his memory in their hearts
black francis
Bunnygod
Bunnygod

Postby black francis » Wed Feb 20, 2008 11:54 am

I really like the The Killing Moon (Original Demo - Down To Dalton) version. Got a little bit of Christian Death/Siouxsie type sound to it.
black francis
Bunnygod
Bunnygod

PreviousNext

Return to Echo & The Bunnymen