demos

General discussion about the band, live shows, its recordings or bootlegs, etc. You can buy, sell or trade here. You can even post eBay links. If it's about the Bunnymen, it goes here.

demos

Postby Jikan Myshkin » Sun Feb 10, 2008 10:05 am

A kite is a contract of glory
that must be made with the sun,
so you make friends with the field
the river and the wind,
then you pray the whole cold night before,
under the travelling cordless moon,
to make you worthy and lyric and pure.
Jikan Myshkin

Postby withahip » Sun Feb 10, 2008 10:16 am

Can anyone fill me in on what kind of chances there are for a virus or other computer infection from these downloads? Or better yet, you go first and tell me if your computer works.
withahip
Über Fan
Über Fan

Postby Mr. Brian » Sun Feb 10, 2008 11:18 am

It looks like that site requires you to use some sort of plugin to be able to download their files. I never like that. There is absolute;y no reason to need something like that. I'm not saying it can harm your pc, but that's just one more plugin to slow your browser down and add junk and it may be installing some kind of adware or browser tracking software.
Mr. Brian
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby Fish Hook Girl » Sun Feb 10, 2008 11:44 am

I just downloaded the rar file and there was no plug in required. It just took a while to download because the file is so big. You do need a RAR extracting program (I use WinRAR) to extract the files. This one looks like a goldmine! I just got it open and there's 42 files.

Thanks Jikan!
Fish Hook Girl

Postby Mr. Brian » Sun Feb 10, 2008 12:10 pm

Fish Hook Girl wrote:I just downloaded the rar file and there was no plug in required. It just took a while to download because the file is so big. You do need a RAR extracting program (I use WinRAR) to extract the files. This one looks like a goldmine! I just got it open and there's 42 files.

Thanks Jikan!

Correct. I see now. That plugin thing is optional.
Mr. Brian
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby Fish Hook Girl » Sun Feb 10, 2008 12:20 pm

Fish Hook Girl wrote:I just downloaded the rar file and there was no plug in required. It just took a while to download because the file is so big. You do need a RAR extracting program (I use WinRAR) to extract the files. This one looks like a goldmine! I just got it open and there's 42 files.

Thanks Jikan!

Correction - there are 38 files. Including a demo of Simple Stuff (Percussion Mix, 1979) for all the purists out there!

I never followed through with the bittorrent downloads because of the extra step (plug in?) needed there.
Fish Hook Girl

Postby Frank The Bunny » Sun Feb 10, 2008 12:35 pm

Good stuff.
Haven't listened to the Evergreen demos in a while

Listen to the "Don't Let It Get You Down" demo - two things are striking:

Will's guitar is amazing (and still a bit Electrafixion-y)
Mac's still got a great voice (makes you realize vividly just how much damage he's done in just 11 years)
Frank The Bunny
Über Fan
Über Fan

Postby Crystal Days » Sun Feb 10, 2008 3:42 pm

Thanks for sharing Jikan.
Crystal Days

Postby withahip » Sun Feb 10, 2008 4:05 pm

Thanks Jikan!

Thanks. I am downloading WinRAR. I've never heard of it, but it sounds like you trust it so I am giving it a shot. Here goes~
withahip
Über Fan
Über Fan

Postby Fish Hook Girl » Sun Feb 10, 2008 4:45 pm

withahip wrote:Thanks. I am downloading WinRAR. I've never heard of it, but it sounds like you trust it so I am giving it a shot. Here goes~

I lied.
Fish Hook Girl

Postby withahip » Sun Feb 10, 2008 5:10 pm

I am on All In My Mind. This is great stuff. Too bad this wasn't the actual release. I'd gladly pay for it.

Thanks Jikan for the demos and FHG for the heads up on WinRAR. :cool:
withahip
Über Fan
Über Fan

Postby Mr. Brian » Sun Feb 10, 2008 5:22 pm

I think I have most of these or they ended up on some of the 25th anniversary CD's and remastered but there is some other good stuff there. Thanks again for posting this.
Mr. Brian
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby blinkilite » Sun Feb 10, 2008 7:58 pm

yes thanks for posting!! looking forward to hearing it (downloading now) :cool:
not just another drop in the ocean
blinkilite

Postby Crystal Days » Sun Feb 10, 2008 8:12 pm

That's the version of People Are Strange that's played in The Lost Boys. It's miles better than the one that was released. Does anyone have a better copy of this??
Crystal Days

Postby withahip » Sun Feb 10, 2008 8:32 pm

Crystal Days wrote:That's the version of People Are Strange that's played in The Lost Boys. It's miles better than the one that was released. Does anyone have a better copy of this??

Is the Crystal Days version the movie version? It has the keyboard solo at the end.
withahip
Über Fan
Über Fan

Next

Return to Echo & The Bunnymen