theres only one bunny in bunnymen

General discussion about the band, live shows, its recordings or bootlegs, etc. You can buy, sell or trade here. You can even post eBay links. If it's about the Bunnymen, it goes here.

Postby crystal daze » Sat Feb 09, 2008 4:49 pm

kook wrote:zoooooooom!!!
What was that?
That was the point zooming past and being missed. :lol: :lol:

Maybe it went overhead.

There's times when I've been deeply indifferent
crystal daze

Postby Kounelaki » Sat Feb 09, 2008 5:21 pm

:eek: Is Cary Grant wearing white socks?
Kounelaki
Über Fan
Über Fan

Postby fat cherry » Sat Feb 09, 2008 5:44 pm

[quote="Fish Hook Girl"]I try my best. But JackT is the master of the witty retort.

And I wasn't trying to be witty. I truly think of a slot machine when I see your name. But the machine is called "Super Cherry," not Fat Cherry.

I'm sorry to have offended you.[/quote]

not offended at all, wrong end of stick situation, I was suggesting I was supposed to think of something funny, and I did, but it was a bit rude. lost in translation. too late now. need the pub.

Chez.
fat cherry
Über Fan
Über Fan

Postby Fish Hook Girl » Sun Feb 10, 2008 11:07 am

fat cherry wrote:not offended at all, wrong end of stick situation, I was suggesting I was supposed to think of something funny, and I did, but it was a bit rude. lost in translation. too late now. need the pub.

Chez.

Cheers. Image
Fish Hook Girl

Postby Frank The Bunny » Sun Feb 10, 2008 12:05 pm

fuzster wrote:And thats a reason for having a go at the Official Website, seems a bit hard to me. If thats why you have all moved to this forum why do you all still go on about it so much?

I'm a bit torn here.

I've gone on the past several years with the mind that the Bunnymen deserve better than what they've been handed.

*They've deserved greater popular success
*They've deserved better management
*They've deserved better producers
*They've deserved better record deals
*They've deserved better marketing
*They've deserved a better website
*They've deserved a more professional singer who cares and has a better work ethic.

I'm going to take this "Fuzzster" at face value.
He's trying to, with his chosen username and tone of comments, allude to the possibility that he's Will Sergeant.

So, "Fuzzster", if you are indeed Will Sergeant - try on my new perspective:

Everything you have or haven't gotten by this point - as a band or an individual - you've done it to yourselves.

I'm tired of making excuses in my mind for why this band isn't a first-tier act.
The fact of the matter is - they've chosen their path.

They've WANTED to put out semi-crap albums like Flowers, Live In Liverpool and Siberia.
They've WANTED to put on mediocre shows year after year after year.
They've WANTED to have a shitty official website, run by a total incompetent.

Mediocrity's Cool! It's DiY, baby. Punk Rock!!!

Fuck 'em.

If this band doesn't have enough respect for their fans and themselves to represent themselves in a better way, to cast a better light upon themselves, then they don't deserve shit.

I'll listen to their early music with awe and nostalgia.
I may give an ear to their new material.

But, I'm fucking done giving them another dime until they put some fucking effort into it all. Not that it matters. I'm just one guy.
Frank The Bunny
Über Fan
Über Fan

Postby insanejane » Sun Feb 10, 2008 12:18 pm

Jesus f*cking Christ! :eek: That's not sugarcoated! :wink:

I see the band as Nirvana or the Doors. You can't do much when your lead singer is dead, although as I said before it only seems to be during live shows and not studio time.
They can either try and revive the singer or go on like the Doors have, without him. But no Foo Fighters please!
insanejane

Postby Mr. Brian » Sun Feb 10, 2008 12:23 pm

insanejane wrote:Jesus f*cking Christ! :eek: That's not sugarcoated! :wink:

I see the band as Nirvana or the Doors. You can't do much when your lead singer is dead, although as I said before it only seems to be during live shows and not studio time.
They can either try and revive the singer or go on like the Doors have, without him. But no Foo Fighters please!

FTB aint subtle
Mr. Brian
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby insanejane » Sun Feb 10, 2008 12:51 pm

Mr. Brian wrote:FTB aint subtle

He tells it like it is.
insanejane

Postby Fish Hook Girl » Sun Feb 10, 2008 1:50 pm

fuzster wrote:Hello I am new to this forum as you probably know by my lack of postings I have done, just having a quick read of the posts in this topic and forum and can not get over the anti Official Website posts that there are.

I believe that website is run by a kid called Peter for no money in his free time & can only provide us with information that is given to him via the band !

I find it incredible that you all love the Bunnymen but instead of offering any support or even asking the Official Website what is going on everybody jumps to there own conclusion.

I am sure my first post will get things a little heated, oh and one thought, if Echo & The Bunnymen do not like what's going on with the other website or what Peter (or who ever does it) has planned they would let it continue in its present manner, I don't do you?

Just a thought.

Hello Fuzster. Welcome.

I guess you want to know why the posters in this forum are so vocal in their disappointment with the official website and forum.

Well ... consider these factors. The website (before it's current placeholder condition) was not updated in over a year, maybe two years or more. The photo section (by album) was never completed. The news section was usually updated well after the information was posted elsewhere on the internet. Peasy's blog (is that website or forum?, I can't remember) hasn't been updated since November 2007, three months ago. On a positive note, I think there were some links leading to someplace and the tour dates when available, but I was indifferent toward those things. In essence, it was a moribund website, with little/no involvement or interest from the band and it showed.

Now as for the forum, where do I start? Creativity and self-expression has been stifled to the point of nonexistence on that forum. Not one iota of dissenting opinion or critical observation can ever be posted there. Not one. So you end up with photos of beards and meaningless fluff posts about how great the band is and shit like that. How much rump-swabbing do you want? Don't you learn much more from people who are willing to tell you the truth?

One thing that sticks in my craw are the posts that tell us how much the band has given us over the past year. Pointless mp3 remixes and other inconsequential toss asides are reiterated and listed as if we're supposed to be grateful for the meager offerings the band does give us. Ugh.

Now, your last point about the band letting the website continue as is (and this is without seeing the new website), then I have no answer to that. If this is the case, then it's obvious they have no idea how powerful the internet can be. And it's their loss.
Fish Hook Girl

Postby Frank The Bunny » Sun Feb 10, 2008 2:10 pm

amen and amen.

Been a long time since I've heard a good Sunday sermon.

Thanks, FHG
Frank The Bunny
Über Fan
Über Fan

Postby JackT » Sun Feb 10, 2008 3:00 pm

Oh lord I love it.
"He was a mongoose, rather like a little cat in his fur and his tail, but quite like a weasel in his head and his habits."
JackT
Über Fan
Über Fan

Postby withahip » Sun Feb 10, 2008 4:08 pm

JackT wrote:Oh lord I love it.

I know why. Thanks to Kook for the heads up.
withahip
Über Fan
Über Fan

Postby black francis » Sun Feb 10, 2008 10:57 pm

Jumping to conclusions is much more fun than waiting for bullshit excuses, perusing a lame ass site, listening to claims that 100 million Americans are gonna be exposed to the Bunnymen, oh and you Baltimore ticket holders hang onto those babies cause there's something special coming besides a one half song performance by the band.

Being a bunnyfan doesn't mean constantly sucking bunnydick. Some people believe the band are capable of great things and would like to see them push themselves creatively before rigor mortis sets in. Then there's the other forum.
With the Force as his ally he did battle with the Dark Lord. And he showed the measure of a true Jedi at a place called "The Death Star" where hope for the Galaxy was reborn. May all who struggle against tyranny hold his memory in their hearts
black francis
Bunnygod
Bunnygod

Postby Red » Wed Feb 13, 2008 11:55 am

Dr Cheese wrote:Fuck me is that the new site? What a load of shite, my 12yr old sprog could do better!

no, it's not finished yet.
Red
Über Fan
Über Fan

Postby Red » Wed Feb 13, 2008 12:50 pm

oh nevermind.........i just read the rest of the thread. :rolleyes:

like anyone REALLY cares if the new website is finsihed yet, or not. sometimes i think everyone just likes to bitch to hear themselves bitch! i like a lot of you over here, and that's why i hang out in both places, but sometimes you're all a bit heartless. i'm sorry.

i'm tired of having to decide should i say this, or not? why can't i be excited about stuff without people thinking i'm name dropping again? will so-n-so get mad at me coz i defend peter? will peter get upset if i post on the 'dark side'? but ya know what? i don't care any more! i am so tired of being in the middle. i love echo and the bunnymen. i don't always agree with everything they do, but dammit, i still support them because they mean a lot to me, and i like talking to the fans i've met thru them, but like some of the rest of you, peter is also my friend, and i am sick of hearing all this shit being spoken about him when all he's trying to do is be a good fan! so his spelling isn't perfect...but neither is a LOT of the rest of yours either! yeah, i know, you heard it all before! but like Fuzster says, why does it bother you so much what goes on over there when you're always making a point of saying how much better this place is, and you don't need the other one any more?? ....if that's so - why DO you go back? i just don't geddit. (it surely isn't to find news......because you obviously get that elsewhere anyway.)

whatever.

:frown:
Red
Über Fan
Über Fan

PreviousNext

Return to Echo & The Bunnymen