Does anyone care about Echo & The Bunnymen anymore?

General discussion about the band, live shows, its recordings or bootlegs, etc. You can buy, sell or trade here. You can even post eBay links. If it's about the Bunnymen, it goes here.

Postby Scouser » Thu Feb 07, 2008 12:11 pm

moses (2) wrote:#]#

Maybe it is scouser

The games up
Mr. Brian, I find that offensive.

Scouser's inability to se others' point of view is rather grating.
Scouser
Über Fan
Über Fan

Postby Dr Evil » Thu Feb 07, 2008 11:25 pm

No doubt the new album will contain dross, but one or two gems that blow away every other band out there. Unless it's another W.A.Y.G.T.D.W.Y.L. episode.
No doubt that the gems will not be the singles, because Mac has strange ideas about what the bands best work is.
Dr Evil

Postby withahip » Fri Feb 08, 2008 12:03 am

Dr Evil wrote: Unless it's another W.A.Y.G.T.D.W.Y.L. episode.

heh. I like that one.
withahip
Über Fan
Über Fan

Postby Scouser » Fri Feb 08, 2008 3:27 am

Hey...I like Get In The Car

Scouser
Über Fan
Über Fan

Postby Mr. Brian » Fri Feb 08, 2008 7:27 am

yeah you can add me to the pro-WAYGTDWYL column but that's another story. Quality well written songs from Mac at least and his voice is beautiful.
Mr. Brian
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby Dave Smith » Fri Feb 08, 2008 8:19 am

WAYGDWYL is one of the best Bunnymen albums,certainly the best post comeback -its just that people get all pissy about it because Will plays on Mac's songs as opposed to playing on songs written together.Well that happened next on Flowers and what do we get?A cheaply recorded set of demo's.Quite easily the worst body of songs ever released by Mac and Will ,with easily the worst artwork.Back to Mac's tunes on Siberia and the quality is back.

My beef with Mac isnt the quality of songwriting but laziness.
Dave Smith
Über Fan
Über Fan

Postby fat cherry » Fri Feb 08, 2008 8:34 am

[quote="Dave Smith"]
My beef with Mac isnt the quality of songwriting but laziness.[/quote]

how do you know its lazy? how do you know he doesn't spend every waking hour carefully honing, rewriting, painstakingly (is that a word?) twisting, convoluting and massaging those words into the dross you speak of? What really ills me,nay, fills me, and even kills me, is that some people, oh i dont know, i think i've made my point. though having said that, whenever i go down (fnar) this line of thought/enquiry, whatever...., I think of those immortal words, c-c-cucumber, c-c-cabbage etc. but for some reasaon that worked. maybe it was the drummer could do more than dump-chink-dump-chink, or even had a say in things that made the difference. but, in answer to your thought provoking question, I think it is the quality of the song writing. Bit iffy in places these days.

Chez.
fat cherry
Über Fan
Über Fan

Postby fat cherry » Fri Feb 08, 2008 8:39 am

ere scouse!! so, back to your original question - and despite the kudos of generating another ten pager - why do you care/not care that much. I'd confess to a bit of an obsession in recent years, filled a bit of a void perhaps, I dunno. but if they were a restaurant, your favourite restaurant of all time, the one where you'd asked the missus to marry you, had you first shag or whatever (it happens apparently) and the waiters started gobbing in your taramasalata (sp??), you wouldn't necessarily keep going back for more would you? Or perhaps you would just give the waiter a kicking when he got off his shift, hmm, strokes chin etc. but anyway.....
fat cherry
Über Fan
Über Fan

Postby Scouser » Fri Feb 08, 2008 10:04 am

If you must know I started the topic because I thought the forum had gone abit quiet and wanted to stir things up abit (though I really dont give a toss any more). I didnt expect a load of people to agree - I was pretty gobsmacked.

There are only two real Bunnyfans left - Dave Smith and Red. Dave, in particular, will buy any old shit with the Bunnymen name on it. He'll also go to Bunnymen gigs all over the UK despite knowing they will be shit. He's an addict.

Plus he watches Masterchef.

Scouser
Über Fan
Über Fan

Postby Dave Smith » Fri Feb 08, 2008 11:36 am

The stableboy was robbed by a detective who made pea soup,fishermans pie and trifle.

Oh and I used to watch Duty Free as well.Even read the book.'Yes Amy'.
Dave Smith
Über Fan
Über Fan

Postby withahip » Fri Feb 08, 2008 3:15 pm

Scouser wrote:
There are only two real Bunnyfans left - Dave Smith and Red. Dave, in particular, will buy any old shit with the Bunnymen name on it. He'll also go to Bunnymen gigs all over the UK despite knowing they will be shit. He's an addict.

Plus he watches Masterchef.

I thought Scouser and David Smith were the same person. Jeckyll and Hyde.
withahip
Über Fan
Über Fan

Postby Scouser » Fri Feb 08, 2008 4:35 pm

Your joking arent you...I'm way better looking

Scouser
Über Fan
Über Fan

Postby withahip » Sat Feb 09, 2008 1:25 pm

Scouser - will you learn how to use an apostrophe in you're? :twisted:

Ok, I am driving this morning listening to disc 3 of Crystal Days. All this bitching has been a cleansing of the soul. I found a new appreciation of the Phil Collin-esque The Game. It is easy listening for those who hate easy listening. I sincerely mean this as a good thing.
withahip
Über Fan
Über Fan

Postby Dave Smith » Sat Feb 09, 2008 4:20 pm

What,are you suggesting some people post under different usernames?I could give some suggestions......

oh and Scouser isnt me.I never drink beer out of a chemistry set.
Dave Smith
Über Fan
Über Fan

Postby withahip » Sat Feb 09, 2008 4:21 pm

Dave Smith wrote:What,are you suggesting some people post under different usernames?I could give some suggestions......

oh and Scouser isnt me.I never drink beer out of a chemistry set.

For the longest time, you were the only one Scouser didn't have misanthropic tendencies toward. That has only changed of late. :surprised:
withahip
Über Fan
Über Fan

PreviousNext

Return to Echo & The Bunnymen