Does anyone care about Echo & The Bunnymen anymore?

General discussion about the band, live shows, its recordings or bootlegs, etc. You can buy, sell or trade here. You can even post eBay links. If it's about the Bunnymen, it goes here.

Does anyone care about Echo & The Bunnymen anymore?

Postby Scouser » Mon Feb 04, 2008 8:47 am

I mean, do you...really? Or do you visit this section of the board out of habit? (God, I sound like Seven Seas)

Look into your heart. Do you give a flying fuck about the new album?

Lets face it, chances are its going to rubbish. I'm not just saying that for effect but the two new songs are even worse than Stormy Weather.

I visit this site for the other sections, its good to trade comments with like minded post punkers who are (mostly) the same age. But as for Mac the Coke heads latest disc...I couldnt be more underwhelmed if I tried.
Mr. Brian, I find that offensive.

Scouser's inability to se others' point of view is rather grating.
Scouser
Über Fan
Über Fan

Postby JackT » Mon Feb 04, 2008 8:51 am

I'm here for the time-saving recipes.
"He was a mongoose, rather like a little cat in his fur and his tail, but quite like a weasel in his head and his habits."
JackT
Über Fan
Über Fan

Postby Mr. Brian » Mon Feb 04, 2008 8:58 am

I am here collecting names and data for our future alien overlords. Really I'm a nice guy, I am just doing my job.
Mr. Brian
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby Frank The Bunny » Mon Feb 04, 2008 10:57 am

I'm here seeking validation and comfort.

I originally signed on hoping to meet thirteen year old girls with a daddy complex for dating and possibly more. I've had more luck with that on the Leonard Cohen forum.

Funny, even typing the name "Leonard Cohen", I get sleepy.

Seriously, I think the Albert Hall gig will be a bust, and the new album will suck.

I wish it weren't so, but that's how things seem to be going.
Frank The Bunny
Über Fan
Über Fan

Postby Dr Cheese » Mon Feb 04, 2008 11:38 am

It's like Mac doesn't seem to give two shiny shites anymore and endures the band so he can pay the rent on his city centre batchelor pad (and save up for a new nose of course) so why should I bother my arse what they're up to?
I'm not exactly champing at the bit to hear the new record, sure I'll get it when it's finally released to general music biz apathy and sure my shoulders will droop despondently when I realise it's yet another middle-aged, dad rock plodder with Mac trying to pretend he's some sort of modern day Sinatra or something ... er ... what was I saying? Oh yeah, I only come here now to read about UFOs and ghosts and stuff. I don't care about bootlegs from 1987 or 12" vinyl remixes or what second rate band's album Mac or Will have guested on. I couldn't even be arsed getting tickets for the RAH! (shock horror call yourself a real fan etc etc). I suppose what I'm trying to say is that although I'll always regard the Bunnymen as my favourite band I'm just not that bothered anymore, the aura of mystery and coolness that used to surround them has long since disipated and well, fuck it really.
Dr Cheese
Über Fan
Über Fan

Postby Fish Hook Girl » Mon Feb 04, 2008 11:41 am

Dr Cheese wrote:It's like Mac doesn't seem to give two shiny shites anymore and endures the band so he can pay the rent on his city centre batchelor pad (and save up for a new nose of course) so why should I bother my arse what they're up to?
I'm not exactly champing at the bit to hear the new record, sure I'll get it when it's finally released to general music biz apathy and sure my shoulders will droop despondently when I realise it's yet another middle-aged, dad rock plodder with Mac trying to pretend he's some sort of modern day Sinatra or something ... er ... what was I saying? Oh yeah, I only come here now to read about UFOs and ghosts and stuff. I don't care about bootlegs from 1987 or 12" vinyl remixes or what second rate band's album Mac or Will have guested on. I couldn't even be arsed getting tickets for the RAH! (shock horror call yourself a real fan etc etc). I suppose what I'm trying to say is that although I'll always regard the Bunnymen as my favourite band I'm just not that bothered anymore, the aura of mystery and coolness that used to surround them has long since disipated and well, fuck it really.

So essentially somewhere along the way you "got a life"? Congratulations and welcome to the club. :wink:
Fish Hook Girl

Postby Dr Cheese » Mon Feb 04, 2008 11:54 am

Shit, I suddenly feel really old! :frown:
Dr Cheese
Über Fan
Über Fan

Postby JackT » Mon Feb 04, 2008 11:54 am

Frank The Bunny wrote:I
Funny, even typing the name "Leonard Cohen", I get sleepy.

LOL. I'm a sucker for those jokes.
"He was a mongoose, rather like a little cat in his fur and his tail, but quite like a weasel in his head and his habits."
JackT
Über Fan
Über Fan

Postby JackT » Mon Feb 04, 2008 11:55 am

Dr Cheese wrote:It's like Mac doesn't seem to give two shiny shites anymore and endures the band so he can pay the rent on his city centre batchelor pad (and save up for a new nose of course) so why should I bother my arse what they're up to?

So, what did you think of Siberia?
JackT
Über Fan
Über Fan

Postby Dr Cheese » Mon Feb 04, 2008 11:58 am

JackT wrote:So, what did you think of Siberia?

It was obviously the best thing they'd done since Ocean Rain! :wink:
Dr Cheese
Über Fan
Über Fan

Postby Frank The Bunny » Mon Feb 04, 2008 12:03 pm

They should've packed it in after Evergreen :

"See, we can still be relevant, and rock. Now we're going to go away the way we should've in the first place, without animosity. Thank you all and good night"
Frank The Bunny
Über Fan
Über Fan

Postby Dr Cheese » Mon Feb 04, 2008 12:09 pm

If Will ever decides he's had enough of being Mac's guitar monkey Mac could carry on by himself - "Ian McCulloch's Echo and The Bunnymen" tonight only get yer tickets 'ere.
They're not far off that now actually.
Dr Cheese
Über Fan
Über Fan

Postby JackT » Mon Feb 04, 2008 12:10 pm

Wow this is kind of a downer.
JackT
Über Fan
Über Fan

Postby Mr. Brian » Mon Feb 04, 2008 12:16 pm

I think it's time for the reformation of Echo and the Bunnymen (feat. Noel Burke) :lol:
Mr. Brian
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby Dr Cheese » Mon Feb 04, 2008 12:16 pm

JackT wrote:Wow this is kind of a downer.

It's not all bad, Mac could tour with "Mike Score's Flock of Seagulls" and "David van Day's Buck's Fizz". Brilliant.
Dr Cheese
Über Fan
Über Fan

Next

Return to Echo & The Bunnymen