Does anyone care about Echo & The Bunnymen anymore?

General discussion about the band, live shows, its recordings or bootlegs, etc. You can buy, sell or trade here. You can even post eBay links. If it's about the Bunnymen, it goes here.

Postby Dave Smith » Sun Feb 10, 2008 6:46 am

I know.I must have upset him.Or have I upset myself...............
Dave Smith
Über Fan
Über Fan

Postby fat cherry » Sun Feb 10, 2008 1:46 pm

ere smiffy, going back to your earlier comment, as there is the tiniest possibility I could have misundestood what you were on about, what do you mean by laziness? just interested.[/o]
fat cherry
Über Fan
Über Fan

Postby Dave Smith » Mon Feb 11, 2008 4:38 am

I think you may have.Exclusively I'm referring to the live setlist (which really is set in stone) and recent shows.The pool of songs that the band draw on is getting smaller and smaller.The number of songs Mac is prepared to play live is decreasing.Ok we have the OR gig but that is £££.Its become too easy for the band to play the same songs-no need to rehearse properly,no need to pay the hired hands for rehearsal time etc,.Last year at Leicester Summer Sundae I witnessed the most bizarrely lazy Mac performance ever-lifeless,disconnected,bored.He looked and acted like a zombie.Not good when you've paid £50 plus travelling to support them.However is it laziness or the long- term side effects of a certain activity he enjoys....?
Dave Smith
Über Fan
Über Fan

Postby Dr Cheese » Mon Feb 11, 2008 11:21 am

Dave Smith wrote: is it laziness or the long- term side effects of a certain activity he enjoys....?

I reckon he's just bored shitless singing the same songs year in year out but he's too much of a lazy get to be arsed changing them round and re-learning any others. He's also obviously got no confidence in any of the newer material (I say newer material although the oldest of the "newer" stuff is now 11 years old!) being any good as they never fucking play any of it. They may as well join ABC and The Human League for an '80's tour of Britain's holiday camps. Hi de hi campers.
Dr Cheese
Über Fan
Über Fan

Postby JackT » Mon Feb 11, 2008 11:32 am

Dr Cheese wrote:I reckon he's just bored shitless singing the same songs year in year out but he's too much of a lazy get to be arsed changing them round and re-learning any others. He's also obviously got no confidence in any of the newer material (I say newer material although the oldest of the "newer" stuff is now 11 years old!) being any good as they never fucking play any of it. They may as well join ABC and The Human League for an '80's tour of Britain's holiday camps. Hi de hi campers.

Add When In Rome to the lineup and you have yourself a show!
"He was a mongoose, rather like a little cat in his fur and his tail, but quite like a weasel in his head and his habits."
JackT
Über Fan
Über Fan

Postby Dr Cheese » Mon Feb 11, 2008 11:50 am

Is that Will I see there?

Dr Cheese
Über Fan
Über Fan

Postby JackT » Mon Feb 11, 2008 11:52 am

I don't know what that is a picture of, but, as my son would say, "I DON'T LIKE IT."
"He was a mongoose, rather like a little cat in his fur and his tail, but quite like a weasel in his head and his habits."
JackT
Über Fan
Über Fan

Postby fat cherry » Mon Feb 11, 2008 11:53 am

oh well I'm with you there then. the old 'setlist' chestnut.

I dont get the fezzie argument at all really, surely that would be the place to flog your new album - especially when about 95% of the audience has never heard of you anyway, what difference would it make. but what do I know eh?
fat cherry
Über Fan
Über Fan

Postby Dr Cheese » Mon Feb 11, 2008 12:33 pm

JackT wrote:I don't know what that is a picture of, but, as my son would say, "I DON'T LIKE IT."

Click HERE for the awful truth.
Dr Cheese
Über Fan
Über Fan

Postby JackT » Mon Feb 11, 2008 1:06 pm

Dr Cheese wrote:Click HERE for the awful truth.

Jeez I have NO IDEA what any of that means. Guess you had to be there.
JackT
Über Fan
Über Fan

Postby Dr Cheese » Mon Feb 11, 2008 1:59 pm

JackT wrote:Jeez I have NO IDEA what any of that means.

You lucky bastard!
Dr Cheese
Über Fan
Über Fan

Postby Scouser » Mon Feb 11, 2008 2:45 pm

Comedy gold
Mr. Brian, I find that offensive.

Scouser's inability to se others' point of view is rather grating.
Scouser
Über Fan
Über Fan

Postby Dave Smith » Mon Feb 11, 2008 3:53 pm

Straight up-the first series was brilliantly morose and a wicked satire of the holiday camps.The alcoholic Punch & Judy Man who hated children was deemed to be that offensive that he was dropped from Series 2.They dont make 'em like that anymore.
Dave Smith
Über Fan
Über Fan

Postby Dr Cheese » Tue Feb 12, 2008 2:45 am

"What shall we do with him folks?"

"Chuck him in the pool!"
Dr Cheese
Über Fan
Über Fan

Previous

Return to Echo & The Bunnymen