Ocean Rain Not Important Gil?

General discussion about the band, live shows, its recordings or bootlegs, etc. You can buy, sell or trade here. You can even post eBay links. If it's about the Bunnymen, it goes here.

Postby Kounelaki » Mon Feb 04, 2008 8:52 am

Doolittle is one of my favourite albums, too.
Kounelaki
Über Fan
Über Fan

Postby black francis » Mon Feb 04, 2008 12:38 pm

David Bowie recently covered "Cactus" and I like Weezer's version of "Velouria" (my favorite Pixies song).

But yeah "Wave of Mutilation" is a perfect song and I've been listening to "Gouge Away" a lot lately. Probably the song Kurt Cobain pilfered to make "Smells Like Teen Spirit"
With the Force as his ally he did battle with the Dark Lord. And he showed the measure of a true Jedi at a place called "The Death Star" where hope for the Galaxy was reborn. May all who struggle against tyranny hold his memory in their hearts
black francis
Bunnygod
Bunnygod

Postby Frank The Bunny » Mon Feb 04, 2008 1:14 pm

black francis wrote:David Bowie recently covered "Cactus" and I like Weezer's version of "Velouria" (my favorite Pixies song).

But yeah "Wave of Mutilation" is a perfect song

which do you prefer - the original or UK Surf version?
Frank The Bunny
Über Fan
Über Fan

Postby black francis » Mon Feb 04, 2008 1:43 pm

Frank The Bunny wrote:which do you prefer - the original or UK Surf version?

Definitely the original for me though FB has said the UK surf generates a better response from the crowd live.
With the Force as his ally he did battle with the Dark Lord. And he showed the measure of a true Jedi at a place called "The Death Star" where hope for the Galaxy was reborn. May all who struggle against tyranny hold his memory in their hearts
black francis
Bunnygod
Bunnygod

Postby moses (2) » Tue Feb 05, 2008 4:53 am

black francis wrote:Definitely the original for me though FB has said the UK surf generates a better response from the crowd live.

Frank Black is playing in Dublin this weekend

I have to say I was a tad dissapointed with Bossa Nova and didn't get the "surf" feel to the music when I first heard it .. but lately I have really gotten into it... particularly Digging for Fire ..

Never thought much of Nirvana - Smells like Teen Spirit sounds great the first 2 - 3 times then you realise it is the same riff over and over again played differently each time plus it is hard to take any albme seroisly when there is a son about Polly on it

I think of Polly put the kettle on or Polly wants a cracker each time I hear it.
moses (2)

Previous

Return to Echo & The Bunnymen