New cd .........september 2008

General discussion about the band, live shows, its recordings or bootlegs, etc. You can buy, sell or trade here. You can even post eBay links. If it's about the Bunnymen, it goes here.

New cd .........september 2008

Postby @bunnygarden » Sun Jan 27, 2008 12:53 pm

The leader singer of Echo and the Bunnymen talks about Liverpool 2008 and about waiting fans !!

You tube !!!!

@bunnygarden
Just Tuned In
Just Tuned In

Postby insanejane » Sun Jan 27, 2008 8:11 pm

That was so cool!

It's great to know it's going to be the best album they've made.............again :lol:

Wait, who are they going to wipe the floor with?
insanejane

Postby guitarplayer on here too » Mon Jan 28, 2008 5:24 am

insanejane wrote:That was so cool!

It's great to know it's going to be the best album they've made.............again :lol:

Wait, who are they going to wipe the floor with?

I'm surprised that BBC interview has arisen again as it was widely discussed on here after it was on and the official Bunnymen website put up a link for it a couple of days after it was screened. Mac "The Gnome" (well that's what he looks like, looking at it again) was referring to how the Bunnymen were going to wipe the floor of the other performers at the Echo Arena performance during the Liverpool 08 thing. Also, he says that the album will not be out in September, but "mid-2008". He mentioned it was a tie-in with the RAH gig. I'd put my money on July or August.
guitarplayer on here too

Postby insanejane » Mon Jan 28, 2008 12:36 pm

guitarplayer on here too wrote:I'm surprised that BBC interview has arisen again as it was widely discussed on here after it was on and the official Bunnymen website put up a link for it a couple of days after it was screened. Mac "The Gnome" (well that's what he looks like, looking at it again) was referring to how the Bunnymen were going to wipe the floor of the other performers at the Echo Arena performance during the Liverpool 08 thing. Also, he says that the album will not be out in September, but "mid-2008". He mentioned it was a tie-in with the RAH gig. I'd put my money on July or August.

It almost didn't look like a pre-arranged interview. It looked like Mac just happened to be passing by on the street and she grabbed him to ask a few questions!

I thought he meant he'd be wiping the floors with Ringo. :lol:
insanejane

Postby withahip » Mon Jan 28, 2008 5:34 pm

Ok, forgive me - but till they get a rhythm section with song writing credits or Sgt. Fuzz spins on a Bunnymen cd - I am not expecting much.

Sorry.
withahip
Über Fan
Über Fan

Postby guitarplayer on here too » Mon Jan 28, 2008 6:49 pm

I'm of the same view. While I look forward to another new album, and one that should be well-produced given that it is on Warners, the first two songs recently performed live don't do much for me. Epic is a catchy tune and possibly a future single (not the first mind you), the other one sounds like a b-side. With Siberia, I got quite excited about what it might sound like as an album when I heard "In the Margins" for the first time live and wasn't disappointed that much. I don't expect it to be better than Siberia, and certainly not the best album apart from Ocean Rain. Have to wait and see.
guitarplayer on here too

Postby black francis » Tue Jan 29, 2008 12:34 am

withahip wrote:Ok, forgive me - but till they get a rhythm section with song writing credits or Sgt. Fuzz spins on a Bunnymen cd - I am not expecting much.

Sorry.

Werd
With the Force as his ally he did battle with the Dark Lord. And he showed the measure of a true Jedi at a place called "The Death Star" where hope for the Galaxy was reborn. May all who struggle against tyranny hold his memory in their hearts
black francis
Bunnygod
Bunnygod

Postby Seven Seas » Tue Jan 29, 2008 4:17 pm

Thank you so very much for posting this! :)
Last edited by Seven Seas on Tue Jan 29, 2008 6:14 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Seven Seas

Postby Jikan Myshkin » Tue Jan 29, 2008 6:10 pm

is there footahe og the performance then?
A kite is a contract of glory
that must be made with the sun,
so you make friends with the field
the river and the wind,
then you pray the whole cold night before,
under the travelling cordless moon,
to make you worthy and lyric and pure.
Jikan Myshkin

Return to Echo & The Bunnymen