How about a new Bunnymen tribute compilation?

General discussion about the band, live shows, its recordings or bootlegs, etc. You can buy, sell or trade here. You can even post eBay links. If it's about the Bunnymen, it goes here.

How about a new Bunnymen tribute compilation?

Postby Frank The Bunny » Tue Oct 23, 2007 9:20 am

Brian,

it's been a long time since a fan-recorded Bunnymen tribute album was put together - would you be willing to sponsor one?

It would be a nice inaugural gesture for your site

I personally have no talent and would not participate, but I love hearing the fan recordings.
Frank The Bunny
Über Fan
Über Fan

Postby Mr. Brian » Tue Oct 23, 2007 9:34 am

Yes! As some may recall, several years ago at least three fan-based Echo & The Bunnymen cover song compilations were distributed. One was called "Best of The Trash", I think. Fans recorded their own cover versions of Echo & The Bunnymen songs and they were released on CD-R's with artwork and sent out for the cost of postage and material.

I can't really coordinate a physical release, but I would be willing to host a downloadable version. We can have a contest for the title and the artwork that can go with it. Is anyone around that remembers more detail about the previous endeavors?
Mr. Brian
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby Red » Tue Oct 23, 2007 10:16 am

admin wrote: Is anyone around that remembers more detail about the previous endeavors?

what sort of details are you looking for? i remember when Best of the Trash was made. Dennis helped do it. i know how to reach him. I have a few of those Tribute cds. there was that one, 'Even God Has A Soundcheck...Sometimes!' and 'Flip Flap Flop'.
pfft!
Red
Über Fan
Über Fan

Postby Mr. Brian » Tue Oct 23, 2007 10:23 am

Red wrote:
admin wrote: Is anyone around that remembers more detail about the previous endeavors?

what sort of details are you looking for? i remember when Best of the Trash was made. Dennis helped do it. i know how to reach him. I have a few of those Tribute cds. there was that one, 'Even God Has A Soundcheck...Sometimes!' and 'Flip Flap Flop'.

Anything really. I never did get any of those but I remember the e-mails going around. Is there any way I can get copies of those either physically or digitally? I could host them here or online somehow for people to download. I guess it just depends on the level of interest.
Mr. Brian
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby blinkilite » Tue Oct 23, 2007 10:28 am

Red wrote:

someone should write a tribute song "turn the sodding lights down"

:lol: :lol:
blinkilite

Postby Thin White Devil » Tue Oct 23, 2007 10:34 am

I remember there were talks of having another one done, something like three, maybe four years ago, but the guy who was about to compile it (can't remember who) had to drop the project because of some unfortunate personal circumstances.

I think I still have a cassette somewhere with a very low-fi home recording of 'Razor's Edge' on it (which I even thought was quite alright...). I'd love to get behind the mike again and try to see if this time I managed to actually improve my skills over the past years... but I don't think I could do it any other way than straight microphone-to-cassette. Which is how my previous entries made their ways though, and I did get several nice comments back in those days, but I myself always considered myself as one (if not the only) of the lesser 'artists' on those discs.
Set sail in those turquoise days!
Thin White Devil

Postby Thin White Devil » Tue Oct 23, 2007 10:36 am

Oh, and if you have any space where I could upload stuff, I can easily make Mp3's out of the 'Even God Has To Soundcheck... Sometimes' and 'Flip Flap Flop' songs. I don't have the first one, though.
Thin White Devil

Postby Mr. Brian » Tue Oct 23, 2007 10:40 am

Thin White Devil wrote:Oh, and if you have any space where I could upload stuff, I can easily make Mp3's out of the 'Even God Has To Soundcheck... Sometimes' and 'Flip Flap Flop' songs. I don't have the first one, though.

Do you know how to make a torrent?
Mr. Brian
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby moses (2) » Tue Oct 23, 2007 10:46 am

hell i'd do a song for it
moses (2)

Postby Red » Tue Oct 23, 2007 12:49 pm

admin wrote:Do you know how to make a torrent?

is that some sort of pastry? :lol: :wink: :wink:
pfft!
Red
Über Fan
Über Fan

Postby Mr. Brian » Tue Oct 23, 2007 12:53 pm

Red wrote:
admin wrote:Do you know how to make a torrent?

is that some sort of pastry? :lol: :wink: :wink:

No but they are a delicious way of sharing files!
Mr. Brian
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby Thin White Devil » Tue Oct 23, 2007 1:39 pm

I bet they're yummy. But I don't know how to cook them. Is the recipe easy to learn?
Thin White Devil

Postby Mr. Brian » Tue Oct 23, 2007 2:31 pm

Mr. Brian
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby Frank The Bunny » Tue Oct 23, 2007 5:06 pm

moses (2) wrote:hell i'd do a song for it

I'd do one, but

NO

Y'all don't wanna hear me screeching like a cat in heat
Frank The Bunny
Über Fan
Über Fan

Postby Frank The Bunny » Thu Oct 25, 2007 12:39 pm

This is what is called a "bump" (also illegal on the other forum).

No takers other than Moses (2) , hmm?
Frank The Bunny
Über Fan
Über Fan

Next

Return to Echo & The Bunnymen