The Bunnymen Live in Hollywood

General discussion about the band, live shows, its recordings or bootlegs, etc. You can buy, sell or trade here. You can even post eBay links. If it's about the Bunnymen, it goes here.

The Bunnymen Live in Hollywood

Postby King Of Kings » Tue Oct 23, 2007 1:38 am

King Of Kings

Postby black francis » Thu Oct 25, 2007 12:06 am

I was at that show and have the CD. Mac was croaking from start to finish.

If you're gonna buy one of those live SoCal CDs make it the San Diego (At least I think it was recorded in San Diego) one. He was in much better form.
black francis
Bunnygod
Bunnygod

Postby Frank The Bunny » Thu Oct 25, 2007 7:47 am

black francis wrote:I was at that show and have the CD. Mac was croaking from start to finish.

If you're gonna buy one of those live SoCal CDs make it the San Diego (At least I think it was recorded in San Diego) one. He was in much better form.

Or go NoCal - The Fillmore show was good. Those were from InstantLive, right?
Frank The Bunny
Über Fan
Über Fan

Postby black francis » Thu Oct 25, 2007 10:54 am

I heard that show was good. Yeah they were the InstantLive CDs.

Despite the condition of Mac's voice I can say at least he wasn't phoning it in at the Hollywood show. It wasn't for lack of effort.
black francis
Bunnygod
Bunnygod

Postby moondance » Thu Oct 25, 2007 11:30 am

black francis wrote:I heard that show was good. Yeah they were the InstantLive CDs.

Despite the condition of Mac's voice I can say at least he wasn't phoning it in at the Hollywood show. It wasn't for lack of effort.

Very true bf. Its a bit heartbreaking to hear how hard he was trying. A vailiant effort.
moondance

Postby JackT » Thu Oct 25, 2007 11:36 am

moondance wrote:
black francis wrote:I heard that show was good. Yeah they were the InstantLive CDs.

Very true bf. Its a bit heartbreaking to hear how hard he was trying. A vailiant effort.

I'll take that any day.
"He was a mongoose, rather like a little cat in his fur and his tail, but quite like a weasel in his head and his habits."
JackT
Über Fan
Über Fan

Postby vaeco » Sun Apr 27, 2008 9:28 pm

Hello !

What about the Anaheim show?

the band, Mac's voice

good , bad ?

any reviews please :wink:
vaeco
Just Tuned In
Just Tuned In

Postby black francis » Mon Apr 28, 2008 11:10 am

I wasn't there but I was told Mac was in a better mood throughout the show and gave a better vocal performance than the Hollywood show.
With the Force as his ally he did battle with the Dark Lord. And he showed the measure of a true Jedi at a place called "The Death Star" where hope for the Galaxy was reborn. May all who struggle against tyranny hold his memory in their hearts
black francis
Bunnygod
Bunnygod

Postby insanejane » Mon Apr 28, 2008 12:23 pm

Damn! I got all Obama-like hopeful and thought this was "Bunnymen live in Hollywood 2008" Not 2005.

I was at that Hollywood show with BF and Octavia. Christ! THREE YEARS :eek:
insanejane

Postby zabird » Mon Apr 28, 2008 12:28 pm

insanejane wrote:Damn! I got all Obama-like hopeful and thought this was "Bunnymen live in Hollywood 2008" Not 2005.

I was at that Hollywood show with BF and Octavia. Christ! THREE YEARS :eek:

I had the same reaction :biggrin:
Just wait -- I bet it happens this year.
No word from source, alas. He's been busy with Coachella.
zabird
Über Fan
Über Fan

Postby insanejane » Mon Apr 28, 2008 1:09 pm

zabird wrote:I had the same reaction :biggrin:
Just wait -- I bet it happens this year.
No word from source, alas. He's been busy with Coachella.

Who's been busy with Coachella? My daughter just got back. She's a big Malkmus fan! Did you go this year? She said there was a robot that would come right up to you, stare at you and then squirt water at you.

Sorry to hijack the thread. Back to discussing a 3 year old live show CD :evil:
insanejane

Postby zabird » Mon Apr 28, 2008 1:27 pm

insanejane wrote:Who's been busy with Coachella? My daughter just got back. She's a big Malkmus fan! Did you go this year? She said there was a robot that would come right up to you, stare at you and then squirt water at you.

Sorry to hijack the thread. Back to discussing a 3 year old live show CD :evil:

No worries :smile:

No Coachella for me. Baking in the desert with with your 60,000 sweaty best friends just doesn't do it for me anymore. I might go if the Bunnymen were to headline (with Les in the lineup), but otherwise, no thanks! .... A newly reformed Jesus and Mary Chain couldn't even lure me out to the desert last year :razz:

A coworker who's a good source for not-yet-announced-to-the-public concert dates in L.A. has been consumed by Coachella for the last week, so haven't been able to bug him again about any potential Bunnymen at the Bowl news.
zabird
Über Fan
Über Fan

Postby vaeco » Mon Apr 28, 2008 1:57 pm

black francis wrote:I wasn't there but I was told Mac was in a better mood throughout the show and gave a better vocal performance than the Hollywood show.

OK , thanks
I deduce then that the show of West Hollywood is the least good.
Lamentably the san francisco and san diego shows are
out of stock :sad:

( the cigarettes damage the Mac's voice ! , Siouxsie has the same problem :rolleyes: )
vaeco
Just Tuned In
Just Tuned In

Postby insanejane » Mon Apr 28, 2008 3:44 pm

vaeco wrote:OK , thanks
I deduce then that the show of West Hollywood is the least good.
Lamentably the san francisco and san diego shows are
out of stock :sad:

( the cigarettes damage the Mac's voice ! , Siouxsie has the same problem :rolleyes: )

I could put up with the voice problems as long as he PRETENDED he wanted to be there.
insanejane

Postby insanejane » Mon Apr 28, 2008 3:48 pm

zabird wrote:No worries :smile:

No Coachella for me. Baking in the desert with with your 60,000 sweaty best friends just doesn't do it for me anymore. I might go if the Bunnymen were to headline (with Les in the lineup), but otherwise, no thanks! .... A newly reformed Jesus and Mary Chain couldn't even lure me out to the desert last year :razz:

A coworker who's a good source for not-yet-announced-to-the-public concert dates in L.A. has been consumed by Coachella for the last week, so haven't been able to bug him again about any potential Bunnymen at the Bowl news.

Too old for Coachella myself. This year they said it was like 150-180,000. I did want to see New Order there though 2 yrs. ago but would have gone out in an ambulance :lol:
The guy was supposed to change the location to something less Death Valley-like. He's having his 1st one on the East coast this year, I think in Liberty State Park?

Bunnymen with orchestra could also play the Kodak where they hold the Oscars. Good sound and a bar inside :wink:
insanejane

Next

Return to Echo & The Bunnymen