Do you own The Killing Moon, Best of EATB?

General discussion about the band, live shows, its recordings or bootlegs, etc. You can buy, sell or trade here. You can even post eBay links. If it's about the Bunnymen, it goes here.

Do you own The Killing Moon, Best of EATB?

Postby Seven Seas » Tue Jan 22, 2008 7:14 am

What did you think of the inside book material too?

Do you think other choices could've been chosen & if so, what would you have included?

I bought a copy for myself over Christmas break. I went shopping w/ a few people @ this one record shop in Princeton. It's very, very old-school b/c they actually sell vinyls!!! I got a few Leonard Cohen vinyls too, in good shape I may add! :)
Seven Seas

Re: Do you own The Killing Moon, Best of EATB?

Postby Red » Tue Jan 22, 2008 7:59 am

Seven Seas wrote: I got a few Leonard Cohen vinyls too,

which ones did you get? did you like them?
Red
Über Fan
Über Fan

Postby Seven Seas » Tue Jan 22, 2008 8:22 am

Red wrote:which ones did you get? did you like them?

Songs from a Room

Songs of Love & Hate

I got a book of poetry there too, Book of Longing & 2 music books.

Incidentally, the concert I'm Your Man was on the IFC last night from 7-9p, est. Good show.
Seven Seas

Postby Mr. Brian » Tue Jan 22, 2008 9:20 am

Seven Seas wrote:What did you think of the inside book material too?

Do you think other choices could've been chosen & if so, what would you have included?

I bought a copy for myself over Christmas break. I went shopping w/ a few people @ this one record shop in Princeton. It's very, very old-school b/c they actually sell vinyls!!! I got a few Leonard Cohen vinyls too, in good shape I may add! :)

No. The people who put it out e-mailed me the press release and all that. The guy seemed nice. I asked for a copy or two to give away to promote it a little for them. I never heard from him again. Rhino at least sent me copies of the "More Songs" CD/DVD set that I gave away to deserving fans.
Mr. Brian
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby Fish Hook Girl » Tue Jan 22, 2008 9:51 am

I think this is the one compiliation that I resisted buying. But now you're telling me there's an inside book?? Tell me more. Are there photos?
Fish Hook Girl

Postby Seven Seas » Tue Jan 22, 2008 10:30 am

Fish Hook Girl wrote:I think this is the one compiliation that I resisted buying. But now you're telling me there's an inside book?? Tell me more. Are there photos?

The book (like a regular cd book), included album cover photos & a couple of older photos of the band. One was the cover of The Best of EATB, Les has on a red shirt. I don't have it w/ me here now @ work. There was also an essay written by the man whom compiled it. Secondly, I was very surprised that the band didn't thank anyone but, after analyzing it more closely, I realized what I did buy was a compiliation of someone's favorite tracks. lol

It's a 2 set DVD set that includes the old favorites. It's an interesting prospective though, on how it was compiled included w/ his essay.
Seven Seas

Postby Fish Hook Girl » Tue Jan 22, 2008 10:40 am

Seven Seas wrote:The book (like a regular cd book), included album cover photos & a couple of older photos of the band. One was the cover of The Best of EATB, Les has on a red shirt. I don't have it w/ me here now @ work. There was also an essay written by the man whom compiled it. Secondly, I was very surprised that the band didn't thank anyone but, after analyzing it more closely, I realized what I did buy was a compiliation of someone's favorite tracks. lol

It's a 2 set DVD set that includes the old favorites. It's an interesting prospective though, on how it was compiled included w/ his essay.

Thanks for the break down, SS. It looks like a lot of effort went into this release. At least a lot more than the usual run-of-the-mill compilation. Maybe I'll pick it up after all.
Fish Hook Girl

Postby Seven Seas » Tue Jan 22, 2008 12:04 pm

Fish Hook Girl wrote:Thanks for the break down, SS. It looks like a lot of effort went into this release. At least a lot more than the usual run-of-the-mill compilation. Maybe I'll pick it up after all.

You're welcome. I'm glad we're at least talking civil now too.

I meant to use the word, perspective to describe what I was saying too, I'm correcting myself, again.

Thanks.

So, no-one else has this?
Seven Seas

Postby blinkilite » Tue Jan 22, 2008 1:53 pm

i picked it up in a music store in liverpool, and put it back down... deciding that i had all the tracks already and didn't need to buy them again.

most of the compilation discs have some sort of "story" printed in the CD book... rather than just lyrics and liner notes. my favorite "CD book story" was in the big book that accompanies the Crystal Days 4-disc set... that's a good read... and a great set too :smile:
not just another drop in the ocean
blinkilite

Return to Echo & The Bunnymen