"McCulloch's special gig"

General discussion about the band, live shows, its recordings or bootlegs, etc. You can buy, sell or trade here. You can even post eBay links. If it's about the Bunnymen, it goes here.

"McCulloch's special gig"

Postby Fish Hook Girl » Sat Jan 19, 2008 11:23 am

http://icliverpool.icnetwork.co.uk/0100 ... _page.html

McCulloch's special gig

And it seems that there may be another special concert for the project in the pipeline.

Echo and the Bunnymen singer Ian McCulloch is rumoured to be planning a special fundraising event later in the year, and all proceeds will go to the six charities.

John Ritchie, who came up with the idea for the Number One Project with Martin O’Shea, revealed: “Ian couldn’t do the gig at the arena, but he was really keen to help the charities involved, so he’s planning to put on a special event later in the year.

“I think he’s calling it Ian McCulloch and Friends. Ian is a music legend, and knowing some of the hugely influential friends Ian has within the business it promises to be something really special.”
Fish Hook Girl

Postby watercolors » Sat Jan 19, 2008 12:25 pm

This is great! Ian has become a sort of philanthropist over the years. Check out the video for Sliding. There was a focus on homeless people in that video. He participated in the "Big Issue" a few years back, too (I have a great t-shirt with his autograph that they auctioned off!). He does have a tender heart for humankind. It really hits home for me as I work for a children's non-profit agency.

:cool:
Screaming from beneath the waves...
watercolors

Postby Mr. Brian » Sat Jan 19, 2008 3:23 pm

watercolors wrote:This is great! Ian has become a sort of philanthropist over the years. Check out the video for Sliding. There was a focus on homeless people in that video. He participated in the "Big Issue" a few years back, too (I have a great t-shirt with his autograph that they auctioned off!). He does have a tender heart for humankind. It really hits home for me as I work for a children's non-profit agency.

:cool:

Charities? Causes? Who does he think he is...Bono? :lol:
Mr. Brian
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby black francis » Sun Jan 20, 2008 1:19 am

admin wrote:Charities? Causes? Who does he think he is...Bono? :lol:

buck Fono.

Was that funny this time Jack?
With the Force as his ally he did battle with the Dark Lord. And he showed the measure of a true Jedi at a place called "The Death Star" where hope for the Galaxy was reborn. May all who struggle against tyranny hold his memory in their hearts
black francis
Bunnygod
Bunnygod

Postby JackT » Sun Jan 20, 2008 8:55 am

black francis wrote:buck Fono.

Was that funny this time Jack?

It was about a 4.
"He was a mongoose, rather like a little cat in his fur and his tail, but quite like a weasel in his head and his habits."
JackT
Über Fan
Über Fan

Postby Fish Hook Girl » Sun Jan 20, 2008 11:09 am

JackT wrote:It was about a 4.

You're very generous.
Fish Hook Girl

Return to Echo & The Bunnymen